Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy Discussions

Final Fantasy Discussions

This thread is for discussing the Final Fantasy games, moves, etc. Since Kingdom Hearts is related, I suppose we could talk about that here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by buymearing\";p=\"14424
    BTW, the guide isn't 100% accurate and there's a lot it doesn't say....which i found out many times by accident..it's by far the worst guide i've ever bought for any game....just an FYI, it's still ok for lots, but bad in a lot of other ways....take a look at the creatures and items in the back, and the quickening section, and you'll see what i mean...or maybe we should start another thread just for this game
    I use the guide mainly to make sure I'm finding all I need per region. I don't generally use the item or creature lists. Good to know that it isn't 100% accurate. It probably isn't the worst game guide out there, though (Xenosaga III takes that "award").
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

buymearing
    Gypsy
    early on, it's great....until after giza maybe....but after that, it's what it doesn't tell you which kinda sucks....

biggest thing though, jason, take your time, steal, and level up as much as you can in each area...they're HUGE, and when you get to some things...well, you'll find out like the rest of us did (by getting our behinds handed on a plater)

there is a fairly decent thread over at zcult's games room, if you decide to take a peek, where a few of us have been posting our "progress' into the game...could be helpful if you like

Blog Entries
    I spent a little over 6 hours getting used to the game play, making mistakes, and getting the general feel for how things work. I actually made it up to finding Basch. Saved the game right after freeing him. I think, based on what I've learned, I'm probably going to start from the beginning again, to do just what you're suggesting. I need to spend more time leveling up.

And yes, it is common for me to get 4 to 6 hours into a RP game the first time around, then start over after I've gotten used to the gameplay.

Blog Entries
    I stumbled across something interesting on Gamefaqs

The Enforced Class System Challenge

Basically, they've taken some of the traditional FF classes and converted them to using the License system, weapons, spells, armor, accessories. It says what they can or cannot use. This would definitely add a much larger challenge to an already challenging game.

Since I'm planning on starting over anyways, I might just follow this challenge. I don't know how closely I'll follow this. I might still break the "rules" of the challenge in a couple places, but, for the most part, I'll try to keep to it.