Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Apartment X OOC

Hey, it's a Marvel mutant story. Isn't it traditional to suddenly ditch the interesting regular characters, bring in new characters nobody wanted and try to make out it's a logical progression?

Not that I'm bitter or anything *cough* New Mutants : Academy X *cough*

(admittedly that tactic worked for X-Factor...)
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apartment X OOC

Apartment X OOC

With the creation of a Marvel Universe thread, I have decided to start a new OOC Thread for bringing back the Apartment X thread. Do we start over, or resume from where we were before?

I think the best thing to start with is to find out who's still around and interested.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

i dont think i ever checked out Apartment X. what was it?
    Speed Kills. Drive a Ford and live forever.
    #1 Fan of LAW and Jenny's Baby Meter.
    God Of Dorito's and Fluffing
    Possum...The Other White meat
    Negation Nation
    This is Ford country. on a quite night you can hear a Chevy rust.
    Great Big Globs Of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts.
    all GODS creatures have a place......right next to the potatos and gravy.
    <a href="http://monster.namedecoder.com">
    </a>
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    The idea was that there was a secret apartment being set up for mutants. The mutants, though, didn't know the extent of their powers yet, and so they couldn't control them that well, and weren't all that powerful.

Concept might change, though, depending on the feedback from others.
    ...to the topTop

I'd love to keep working with this but I'm not sure if I have time to do it. I would like a full restart simply to edit/change a few of the background events for the Apartment. And yes, Jack will still be running the building.
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I think a full restart might be best because we've lost almost everyone from the old SL. This way we can run a new recruiting campaign as a new SL. So, do we go with the same concept of youth who are learning about their powers?
    ...to the topTop

I think youth is a good way but I always saw it as bringing people together and seeing what goodness shall happen.
    Currently: Mirror, Varne the hunter, Jeldun, Mr. Makers, Motl the 6th, Chance, Odin, Berry

Formerly Elixia but she got promoted to her own account.

here are a collection of random images.
    LM
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Okay, so any mutant can come to the apartment and live in safety. Of course, non-mutants also live in the apartment. It isn't a hero team, like the X-Men, just a bunch of people living together, with the villians thrown in the mix just to complicate everyone's life.
    ...to the topTop

I can't see any real problem about re-starting it. It's a Marvel story. Just call it "The All-New All-Different Apartment X", keep half the old characters and act as if the previous characters never existed.

I've got what was going to be a character intro post (and ended up half a dozen or so large posts) sitting in the creative forum I could send over here if the character fits with the new direction (it was something I threw together back the last time someone mentioned starting up the story).

You might want to check with Blinkz though, I think it was his story to start with? He does still pop in occasionally.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Actually, it was Blinks who asked about a Mutant RP. It was Mattson with the help of everyone else involved, that came up with the concept of the Apartment X.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast