Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
+ Reply to Thread
    A thread that would need no registration?

A thread that would need no registration?

I was just wondering if it could be doable to have a thread in some specific sub-forums where people could post without having to register first.

If it's not doable, that's fine. I was just wondering since I've seen some traffic into the new DC game, but these are just views and no posts and no new registered members either. And considering that these days the Internet is all about speed, having to register just to ask a simple question or comment, could discourage some people. But if we do get posts (even if by not yet registered members), it'd be much easier to invite them in.

Just a thought. I'd love your feedback

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Due to the problem with spam, which we have had issues with, making forums open like that is generally not a good idea. The Town Hall does allow for guest posting, but the posts are moderated, so they have to be approved before appearing. I could look into the streamlined integration with Facebook that allows for Facebook users to create an account quicker, but I don't know if that is a better option or not.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

I see. That's okay then.

As for the Facebook integration, I've seen it at other pages and it does work wonders. From my experience, when I read an article and it has the Facebook deal, I do comment, if not, I just skip it. It might be interesting exploring that venue.

Blog Entries
    I will look into the Facebook registration this week. Busy right now, but will try to get to that as quickly as I can.

No rush, Jas I'm exploring different venues myself as slowly as it gets. I'm also thinking of creating that campaign I told you guys about in another thread, but I'm also going slowly as I try to figure things out

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help, M.

+ Reply to Thread