Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    On the Wrong Page... Cloney's Multiversal Misadventures... Part II...

On the Wrong Page... Cloney's Multiversal Misadventures... Part II...

Miles away from Gotham City, a hundred meters below the luxurious Wayne manor estate... Within the fabled Batcave...

The Batcave. The secret underground caves, tunnels and structures that makes up the secret headquarters for the legendary crime-fighter, Batman. Despite being underground, the system of caves are huge. Much of their space is well-used as many different metal platforms, bridges, stairways and elevators are spread out through the dark reaches of the caves. Every spacious platform houses a purpose and the tools and items that exist to serve those purposes. There is a platform where a fleet of bat themed and highly advanced vehicles rest and wait to speed out into the night. This is linked to the variety of other platforms by an intricate series of metal bridges and stairways. The other platforms are occupied by several laboratories, workshops, armories, many combat training and exercise facilities, many networked computer servers, and then there's the highest, largest and primary platform. This primary platform is practically an island of steel and concrete where a large collection of massive screens and computer terminals sits in the center of a vast collection of bizarre objects and costumes collected within glass cases and a number of overly large items, such as a massive penny standing upright, a playing card hanging from the ceiling and t-rex statue standing over the collection of weird trophies. Also on this main platform are several smaller laboratories and workstations, gathered around the massive computer. Bleeding off from this giant platform are dozens of bridges, stair cases and elevators leading to all other platforms. Reaching up from this platform is a single elevator and a spiral staircase, both ascending up into the darkness above.

It is on the primary platform of the batcave that a 1970's era RV leaps out of the empty air. This vehicle projects equal parts wild noise and noxious smoke as it speeds into the once silent cave. Its furiously spinning tires slams down onto the concrete floor and the entire vehicle shudders as it lands roughly. Before the rapidly spinning tires can send the RV moving it has already landed on, and crushed, three glass display cases. Once the tires are able to grip the floor they send the vehicle rocketing through a dozen more glass cases. As the antiquated, speeding and smoke emitting vehicle charges across the platform, it leaves a trail of broken glass, crushed weapons, broken trophies and flattened costumes of various colors and strange designs. The RV's path of carnage and destruction is short-lived as the vehicle eventually comes crashing into the side of the massive, ten meter diameter, penny. The RV comes to a complete halt and its engine dies a metal twisting death. The vehicle is at last dead, never to spread its chaos another inch further. The penny, unharmed from the crash, is knocked free of its support structure and sent rolling across the platform. It crushes several more display cases, rolls over an incredibly expensive and advanced crime lab and eventually falls off of the platform altogether. The giant penny lands heads side up, right on top of an unbelievable expensive jet aircraft with bat shaped wings. The aircraft is completely destroyed. The penny remains relatively unharmed.

After only a few seconds after its arrival, this dead RV has already caused several vast fortunes worth of damage.

As if to punish itself for its role in this act of terrible destruction, the RV bursts into flames. The drivers side door of the RV is kicked open and a man with orange skin falls out. The man is none other than the clone god of out of continuity stuff, George Jefferson Cloney. He lands clumsily onto the ground and rolls awkwardly away from the blazing corpse of a tragic vehicle. He frantically scrambles up onto his feet and staggers away. Cloney makes his way over several shattered display cases before finally turning around to look at the burning RV.

"Oh man! I only had one more payment left!" The orange man shouts out as he mourns the destruction of his vehicle. He watches as one of the side windows of the RV is smashed open and Cloney's longtime traveling companion, Benjamin Franklin, comes leaping out. The overweight, middle aged colonial crashes onto the floor with a loud thud and rolls away from the vehicle while moaning in pain. During the crash he had been hiding inside of the vehicle's shower, which saved his clothes from getting burn marks or soot on them. Cloney's outfit, on the other hand, is now burned, torn and dirtied with soot. But the orange man is far too saddened by the loss of his trusty RV to care about his wardrobe.

Benjamin Franklin manages to pick himself off of the ground, groaning painfully as he does, and stagger towards Cloney.
    "Ugh- Friend Cloney, I must say- ow- I must say that this has been one of the least destructive of our arrivals." And with that Benjamin Franklin gives the orange man a pat on the back.

((The crash and fire won't be enough to endanger anyone. Everyone will have plenty of time to escape the vehicle without getting hurt. But if anyone wants to take advantage of the changes in costume that's available in the Batcave, feel free to have your character's clothes damaged in the fire. Cloney calls dibs on a Batman costume! Although, there are probably several to choose from so anyone can claim a Batman costume if they want.))
    ...to the topTop

Meteorette

As flames burst around her, Meteorette couldn't help but let a soft smile escape. There was a chance fire would take care of the excess of people in the RV so Qwaring's Clone could be more focused in her goals, which were the only ones that really mattered. She wished them all a slow and painful death. Roaches and annoying creatures didn't deserve anything else.

She walked through the fire and looked around her. She was in a large dark cave, filled with monuments and technology that she could not recognize. "Where have you taken me, Clone. This is definitely not my Planet M. Where are we? Is this the Matrix Quadrant?"
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gotham City

DaveThomas.jpg
    Dave Thomas

Dave's apartment was a one-bedroom apartment on the fifth floor of an older apartment building. It wasn't in the best neighborhood of Gotham, but it wasn't the worst either. Dave stood outside his door, panting for breath, leaning against the door for support. The elevator was down, again, and he had to walk up the five flights of stairs.

"Hi, Dave!" Dave looked up at the woman who spoke. He immediately straightened up and sucked in his belly. It was his neighbor Julie, who lived down the hall, alone. She was a very beautiful woman in her late twenties. Her auburn hair flowed like silk past her petite shoulders, sometimes framing her voluptuous curves. Her green eyes seemed to sparkle even in the flickering lights of the hallway.

"Oh, hi Julie. Just coming back from my workout," he said casually. His appearance was rather homely and overweight, but he was neatly groomed, despite the sweat on his brow and under his armpits. He knew that she was out of his league, but that didn't keep him from dreaming and hoping.

"Elevator's down again?" she asked as she walked toward him.

"Yeah. Sometimes I wonder if Julio does anything around here." He pointed to the flickering light above them. "I mean that's been flickering for months. I've told him and told him, and still it isn't fixed."

"Didn't you hear? His mother passed away. He went back to Spain yesterday to bury her."

"Oh. Um." He put his hand over his mouth, rubbing his mustache between his index finger and thumb. "No, I hadn't heard."

"I'm sure they'll get the elevator fixed. I gotta go, or I'm going to be late to work."

"Um, Julie? Before you go. Um." He cleared his throat nervously. "Would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?"

Julie looked away nervously. "Uh, well, I already have plans for tomorrow. Maybe another time."

Dave nodded. It was the same answer he always received. Why should he expect any differently? "Well, OK. Maybe another time. Have a good night at work."

"See you later, Dave," she smiled and waved as she walked to the stairs. Dave watched her walk away, admiring all her curves from behind. He kept watching until she turned the corner and disappeared from view. With a sigh, he pulled out his keys, unlocked the door, and walked into his apartment.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Ruri looks back towards where they came from as she had tossed the energy source into that void before it could explode and vaporize everyone. Of course, that didn't mean they were much safer. Crashes, fires, random destruction. About normal given the Clone was back in her life. Fortunately, she'd had time to prepare.

Ruri taps her wrist and a translucent force field covers the young captain (now of nothing) and she walks casually out of the RV. Of course, this gives her the nice slow walk out of the fireball bit but hey, it seems to be encouraged by this universe.

This is not the Matrix Quadrant. The many communication and monitoring systems would have responded to me and I'd have far more information then I do now. The computer systems here are quite secure. Something about an Oracle system. I am hesitant to try any more remote access at this time.

She picks up a costume and looks it over.

It appears that fashion designers are the idiots of this world. Why would anyone want to wear a cape?

Given some could argue that Ruri's usual uniform is a costume minus a mask, its not like she should be saying anything here. But such an argument has not been made to the young lady.
    "Idiots, too many Idiots."
    "Baka"

LM
    ...to the topTop

The janitor walked out of the RV, deciding it was best not to get burned up. He looked all around the cave, glancing at costumes and other strange devices

This is a very high tech cave.

He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, but it was definitely a thing. The janitor wondered if this was part of the ship he hadn't seen and if he would have to clean this mess up. He grabbed a strange uniform, it was red and green and yellow and had a big yellow cape. Now nobody would know that he was a janitor, he'd be a.... R. Why did this uniform say R, what job title did that mean? Registered Nurse? Radio Broadcaster? Rambo?
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaring's clone#1 View Post
    The penny, unharmed from the crash, is knocked free of its support structure and sent rolling across the platform. It crushes several more display cases, rolls over an incredibly expensive and advanced crime lab and eventually falls off of the platform altogether. The giant penny lands heads side up, right on top of an unbelievable expensive jet aircraft with bat shaped wings. The aircraft is completely destroyed. The penny remains relatively unharmed.
    Gamma winches itself out of the RV quickly enough to escape the flames. It notices the large coin and makes the obvious incorrect deduction from this.

Mr. Clone. I Think Your Dimensional Stabiliser Has Failed. Oh Well, Now I Know What It Is Like To Be A Quarter Of An Inch Tall.

((Cloney calls dibs on a Batman costume! Although, there are probably several to choose from so anyone can claim a Batman costume if they want.))
    (( Unfortunately I Don't Think They Have One That Will Fit Me. ))
    ...to the topTop

The Great Orange One Qwaring's clone#1 is offline Qwaring's clone#1's Avatar
    Cloney gives a smile and a nod to Franklin's attempt to cheer him up. Then Meteorette's questions calls the orange clone's attention, or at least as much attention as the clone seems to put into anything. He begins rubbing the back of his neck nervously as he tries to weave the proper response.

"Planet M? Why would you want to go to that garbage dump full of-" Cloney pauses, recalling times Meteoro has used large fiery meteors to splatter those that displease him. He quickly tries to change the direction of his train of thought. "-uh- dump full of- of puppies and beer flavored socks and all that nice stuff. Um, yeah. Why wouldn't you want to go there. It's -um- awesomish... I guess." Cloney flashes the goddess a smile dripping with generous amounts of Cloney charm and surprisingly little drool. He then gives a dismissive wave to any of Meteorette's questions that might linger, as he begins walking through the wreckage. "And don't you worry your handsome, little head about where we are. This is just- uh- a shortcut? Yeah! A shortcut. Trust me, my man, this will cut a half hour off of our trip."

As the clone steps through broken glass and battered supervillain weapons and gimicks he passes by Ruri as she comments on the costumes on display or scattered on the floor. The clone chuckles at Ruri's observation as he stares up at a Batman costume hovering within a display case. "Hah! I know. Look at this one. This dude dresses like a giant Little M. How lame is that! Hee-heee-hee-heh-hee!" The amused clone tries to put his hands into the pockets of his burnt and torn pants, but the motion puts just enough strain on the badly damaged garment to cause the pants to fall apart. The remains of the clone's pants fall around his feet, leaving his lower half clothed with only a blue speedo, a pair of charred socks and one burnt boot. Cloney seems not to notice because he's distracted by Gamma speaking to him about a dimenshewhatsiz-thingie-o-tron, which the clone knows nothing about. Cloney listens to the Dalek just enough to understand that he is talking about a matter of size.

"I wouldn't worry about being small, Gramma. It might just be the cold. This place feels kind of really drafty." The clone starts to notice that he is definitely feeling a chill on the lower half of his body. He freezes for several long moments as his clone-brain slowly begins to process his situation. Gradually he takes a glance downward and sees that he is indeed without pants. "Well, I've had dreams like this." Cloney mutters.

As the clone stares down and ponders what has happened to his pants, a two meter tall machine drops down from the darkness above and lands with a crash directly in front of him. The crash immediately startles and panics Cloney as he gives the crashing thing a shocked glance and a worried yelp. This large machine stands on a quartet of robotic legs. It's body is essentially a cylinder with several tubes, spheres and cylinders sticking out of its length. Its head is a large cannon with a camera mounted on top of it. It's one of the combat training drones, from another platform in the cave, that has been programmed to also act as part of the cave's automated security systems if an intruder ever enter the cave.

"Cave security protocol initiated... Metahuman level threats detected... Surrender now!" The machine bellows out in a cold, metallic tone as it aims its cannon at the clone. Cloney takes a moment to stare blankly at this large mechanical guardian before letting out a high-pitched scream that easily erases whatever dignity the orange man might have left. The clone throws his hands up above his head and begins to frantically run around in random circles trying to escape this robot. The robot responds by firing a ball of grey slime out of its cannon-head. The ball misses the clone and strikes a display case. Seconds after the slime splatters onto the display case it becomes as hard as steel. The slime is fully intended to trap and restrain intruders. The machine fires and misses several more times as the clone continues to run around the wreckage.

As Cloney runs past Benjamin Franklin he ducks down to scoop up one of the costumes that lies on the floor, which causes the ball of slime being fired at the clone to hit Franklin square in the chest. The ball knocks Franklin off of his feet and onto his back. The slime splattered over the man's torso, arms and the floor beneath him. As soon as the slime hardens, his body and arms are pinned to the floor. Franklin lets out a fearful scream as he is now trapped.

"Every clone for himself!" Cloney shouts out as he runs away from his trapped friend with an armful of stolen costume. The orange man rushes towards a spiral staircase that leads up into the darkness, but another robot drops down between him and the stairs. The orange man skids to an abrupt halt before turning around and continuing to run around randomly.

Meanwhile several more security robots drop down from the darkness above and land all around the platform. Some of the robots are armed with the binding-slime cannon, others spray knock-out gas, others fire sonic attacks meant to stun intruders. The robots approach the various intruders, shouting for them to surrender and aiming their weapons at them.

Cloney continues running mad circles around the wreckage and screaming fearfully as he barely manages to avoid being hit by any of the restraining slime that is fired at him.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gotham City

Dave Thomas

Dave's apartment was meticulous, unlike the rest of the apartment building. Everything was in its proper place, and extremely clean. Dave took great pains to make sure it stayed that way. His daily ritual never changed. After getting home from work, he made himself a nice dinner. When dinner was done, he sat down in front of the television and watched the news while he ate his dinner. When the show was over, he cleaned the kitchen and the dishes so that they were spotless. Once the kitchen was done, he spot cleaned over the rest of the small apartment. By the time he was done with the spot cleaning, it was time for his nighttime snack and the eleven-o-clock news. One of the two days he's off work, he will go shopping, the other he will do full apartment cleaning. Any changes to his routine really messes up his week. He would make that sacrifice, though, to have dinner with Julie, if that ever happened.

Tonight, though, looked to be just another night for him, alone and cleaning. Around eight in the evening, during his spot cleaning, his phone rang. A simple phone call generally wasn't enough to offset his night. Of course, when he looked at the Caller ID and saw "Wayne Towers" he knew that his week was going to be shot.

"Dave Thomas's home, Dave speaking," he said into the phone, his customary greeting on the phone.

"Hey Dave, it's Bill," came the voice of the young man on the other end of the phone. Bill was a college student who had been working as a guard at Wayne Towers for two years now. He was generally an honest and reliable guard. Dave saw a great future for the young man, if he could ever learn not to be such a slob, that is.

"Hello Bill. Is everything ok there?"

"Um, yeah, for the moment. Kyle just called in, though. Said his wife was in that bank that was robbed earlier today and was hurt, so he's in the hospital with her."

"I saw that on the news. They said Joker was trying to bait Batman again. I swear those two will destroy Gotham. Why can't we have a more honorable protector like Superman? Now there's...."

Bill interrupted Dave's usual rant against Batman. "Right, well, I just wanted to tell you Kyle called. I gotta run." There was a click immediately after, not waiting for Dave to respond.

Dave sighed. Bill would have a great future, if he could ever learn not to be such a slob, and learn common courtesy. Interrupting and simply hanging up. Well, being the supervisor, that meant that Dave had to find someone to go in to cover Kyle's shift. Failing that, it looked like he was going to have a long night ahead of him.
    ...to the topTop

As the clone stares down and ponders what has happened to his pants, a two meter tall machine drops down from the darkness above and lands with a crash directly in front of him. The crash immediately startles and panics Cloney as he gives the crashing thing a shocked glance and a worried yelp. This large machine stands on a quartet of robotic legs. It's body is essentially a cylinder with several tubes, spheres and cylinders sticking out of its length. Its head is a large cannon with a camera mounted on top of it. It's one of the combat training drones, from another platform in the cave, that has been programmed to also act as part of the cave's automated security systems if an intruder ever enter the cave.

"Cave security protocol initiated... Metahuman level threats detected... Surrender now!"
    Are You My Mother?
    ...to the topTop

10. The following user laughed at Gamma's post:

Mattson (12-14-2011)

Before the robots showed up and when the clone laughed, Ruri looked up and saw something horrific. That, of course, being the clone's clothing malfunction. With a great shudder and several twitches, Ruri manages to look away and not throw up. This however does not make her loose respect for the clone, mostly due to the amont of respect she has being that low.

Then the robots showed up. With a resigned sigh, Ruri walked over to the first security-bot and touched its foot. A glowing tech design on the back of her hand appears breifly.

Interesting. A fairly advanced design. Decent security. Still, its nice to talk to you even if you are rude. Ignore me. Thank you.

Now the clone's screaming, that does lower her respect for him. She does make a note that such a thing can still occur and then goes back to taking over the robot and setting up a chain of take over codes.

Fascinating. I had not expected such resistance. Now then, lets try this....

The faint glow on her hands encompases the robot, especially around it camera. The robot looks at the one of the other robots and fires it sealing gel at that robot's foot and locks it down.

Well, that works.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast