Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Making Vows

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Adrijana

Ignac's disheveled appearance was the second thing she'd noticed, the first was the scent of blood in the air. Being a vampire, she was acutely attuned to the smell. He looked like hell, the blood on the side of his face, the lack of sleep showing from the bags under his eyes. Adrijana's smile faltered, she'd been the cause of this and she hadn't even noticed just how badly he'd been suffering.

Her eyes caught the scene over his shoulder, his wrecked room, the blood from his knuckles on the wall where he'd punched the holes. Adrijana's eyes traveled back to his face and he would see the guilt in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, this is my fault. Are you okay?"

What a stupid question to ask! Of course he wasn't, look at him, her brain screamed. Her hand gently reached up and touched the place where he'd somehow cut his head. This wasn't exactly how she'd imagined the scene of her telling him the news she thought would make him happy. The pain she'd caused him somehow kept her from bringing the original smile back to her face.

"I'm keeping the baby. I can't go through with it, I can't kill it or let it go." She just blurted out.

She didn't think he'd change his mind, but the scene behind her worried her a bit.

"I hope that it's not a problem, that you still want this."

She still needed to talk to him about her Coven, she couldn't stay she was their leader. But until Ignac reassured her that everything was okay, until she knew, she couldn't quite get the rest of what she wanted to talk about out of her mouth.

Last edited by Tigers; 02-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free
    ...to the topTop

Ignac

Ignac replied awkwardly when she expressed her concern for him, "Oh, I'm fine. It's not your fault. Not at all. I just needed to let off some steam. Lycans seem to do this once in awhile. Occupational hazard of being a werewolf, I guess."

He smiled - sincerely, this time - as she touched his face, and he reached up to touch her hand with his, encouraging.

When she spoke again, Ignac suddenly felt like the world had stopped turning on its axis. Everything seemed to stop, frozen in perfect stillness.

"Adrijana, I..."

He didn't trust himself to speak. Didn't trust himself to breathe. Didn't even want to rely on the evidence of his own ears, in case he'd finally cracked and started taking wishful thinking as truth.

Tears began to flow from his eyes, and he laughed... a strange, breathless laugh of relief and the release of tension.

Ignac embraced her, picking her up and turning a gentle circle with her in his exuberance. The broken room, the blood, the anger and hurt that had brought him to this point were forgotten. All that mattered was him and her, and the baby they would have. His baby. He was a father. Ignac set Adrijana down gently, and kissed her passionately, his lips desperately seeking hers.

"I want this," he replied, his voice husky with emotion. "I want it more than I've ever wanted anything except you. I want this baby. I've always wanted this baby. I swear I'll be the best dad I can be."

His eyes were still damp, but he didn't care about being macho right now.

"Thank you," Ignac said quietly, drawing her close. "Thank you for keeping it. Thank you for not making me shut down part of my heart. This... I couldn't ask for more. Thank you."

The heavy burden he'd carried the last few days had finally lifted - permanently - and all was well in Ignac's world again.
    "Sleep to dream, and we dream to live..." -Great Big Sea
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Adrijana

The sudden show of love and excitement elicited a pleasing moan against his lips as Ignac kissed her. There was a swell of relief as his mood changed, but also a hidden fear that if she had chosen something different that things would forever be changed between them. He had admitted his feelings about the baby. They'd never discussed children and if you had asked Adrijana before she and Ignac had come together she would have likely said she didn't think she wanted them.

Now a pregnancy she hadn't planned on, one she had always tried to prevent was now thrust upon her and yet again her world was forever altered. She would never change her mind, she had meant it when she said that she couldn't kill the baby or give it up. But worried that she'd never be as excited about it as Ignac was. She had come so close to killing a part of him and changing their relationship it was a sobering emotion. She gently kissed him, her hand gently skimming the place where he had cut his head.

"We should clean you up, and your place." She replied with a slight smile.

"You look like you could sleep for a week. I'm sorry."

It was difficult not to feel responsible for the hell he'd gone through as she looked at the room. Her eyes traveled back to his. She did love him and she hoped she could make him happy.

"Ignac..."
    She began.

There was still more they needed to discuss.

"I have to return to the Coven soon. I know this is your home but they're not ready to live amongst everyone yet. I want you to come with me. I have business with the leaders and my sessions with Millie that I would spend a great deal of time here, so you can see everyone and work. You just wouldn't live here, you would live with me. I want you to come live with me."

Adrijana's nerves were still wired with joy and doubts and she couldn't help but fearing what his answer would be.

...to the topTop

Ignac

Ignac pressed another kiss against her lips. He could tell she was worried, but he wasn't quite sure why.

"We already talked about this, remember?" he told her with a smile. "You don't have to convince me. I said yes already, and I haven't changed my mind. I've got most of my stuff packed up already."

He glanced around the room, glad that it had been pretty bare with he'd gone on his destructive spree.

"Which is probably good, because otherwise I'd probably be replacing most of it."

He said this with a grin and a wink; it clearly wasn't a serious comment.

More seriously, he added. "I told my friends I'm going. I'm still on medical leave, but Asif says he'll schedule my shifts to fit our needs when I'm back on duty. I know we'll still see our friends. It'll be fine."

Again he grinned.

"Better than fine, even. It'll be amazing. I'm so excited about this. I know I don't deserve you. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you these last few days. I know you could do a lot better than me. I know how lucky I am. I'm damn glad you chose me, though. Whenever you tell me it's time to go, I'll follow."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries

Adrijana

Adrijana felt foolish.

"I'm sorry, I forgot."

How could she have forgotten? The conversation had only happened a few days ago. Her eyes went to the destruction of the room for a second time. Ignac had indeed been packing, the boxes sat in the corner of the room and at a second glance what little belongings were left were very sparse. It had been a long three days, especially the last 48 hours.

She needed the physical comfort, the intimacy of his love and security. Her eyes caught the condition of the bed, maybe this wasn't the best time, but she need him. Maybe it was a Coven thing, she was hiding behind sex, but she didn't stop herself.

"I love you." She whispered.

The beginning of the words, "I need you," never made it out of her mouth. Instead, Adrijana answered with several passionate kisses as she slowly began to remove Ignac's shirt and move them toward the bed.
    ...to the topTop

Ignac

Ignac shrugged off the apology. "You have a lot on your mind," he replied with a smile.

He figured that at least part of the forgetting was insecurity. They'd had a difficult couple of days - especially Adrijana. She'd had to doubt so much, it was to be expected that she'd doubt this too. Ignac would just have to do his best to show her that there was no need to.

"I love you too," he told her. "Always will, no matter what. Every couple has some rough times. We'll get through ours. And our love will only get stronger, no matter what happens. At least, it will if I have anything to say about it."

The intimacy felt like the next natural step after the joy and relief Adrijana's news brought them both. He surrendered to it, giving himself to her fully, forgetting the difficulty of the last two days and just enjoying the entwining of their bodies.

No matter what the future brought, he couldn't imagine ever not loving this woman... or the child he was entirely prepared to consider fully his own.
    ...to the topTop

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516