Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
    Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reshnael: A Medieval World

Reshnael: A Medieval World

Name: Reshnael

Archived Thread: Reshnael: A Medieval World

Surface Conditions: Earth-like planet. Combination of Feudal Kingdoms and Barbarian Tribes. Some magic is in the world (very limited).

Ruler/Owner/Governing Bodies: Numerous Feudal Kingdoms and barbarian tribes.

Primary inhabitants: Humans.

Places of Interest:
    Kingdom of Terish: This is a small kingdom on Reshnael. It is ruled by Queen Meena. Currently, it is not at war with its neighboring nations.
    Town of Arindale: This is the largest town in Terish, and the center for commerce for the entire kingdom. The Queen's castle is in the center of the town, and the town governor, Lord Winchester, has a large manor house (almost a small castle) on the edge of town.
    The Thirsty Goat: The largest, best and most well-known inn and pub in Arindale. Food is good and the ale is legendary. Like many pubs, it is a center for gossip, but moreso here, since it is the most popular spot in the town.
    Valley of Geranth: This is a large valley, surrounded by very tall mountains, hidden and protected by magic from Altwaal. It is populated by powerful mages and some dragons. It cannot be found as long as the Orbs of Power are still in the Universe.
    Cave of Souls: This cave in the Valley of Geranth was sealed by Altwaal, and used to trap Thaerin, a Sinister First who saught to destory Altwaal. Inside the cave are also the Talismans of Power that were created and owned by Thaerin. This Cave also has an unusually high concentration of Universal Energy here that can be tapped into by those who are familiar with it.
    The Kingdom of Drache: This is an isolationist kingdom that does not want contact with the rest of the world. People that enter their kingdom tend to never be heard from or seen again. There's a legend that Minity, when she was on the planet, went into Drache and forced them to accept that they would not be able to conquer the planet. Apparently they had intensions of global dominance. As a result of Minity's visit, they do not travel outside their kingdom or have any sort of diplomatic relations with the rest of the kingdoms.
    The Ruins of Angels Hallow: This small city/kingdom was once known for being a center of learning. Its name stemmed from the fact an image of an angel was burned into the great tree there. Several unique relics of the past were first discovered there. A few years ago, a new energy source was uncovered, a small glowing rock that was quickly dubbed the angel's heart due to its size and shape. The greatest minds aorund sought to tap its powers but they unleashed a force beyond their comprehension. In one bright flash, Angels Hallow was consumed in flames. The only thing that remained afterwards was the angel tree, unharmed by the fires that consumed the city.

Brief History: At one time, this planet had First directly involved in it. Minity and Lord Mattson were the main two First that were involved in the affairs of Reshnael. Magic was more prevalent, and dragons were common.

Hundreds of years ago, before Altwaal divided the First, there was a Sinister First that came to Reshnael, Thaerin. Thaerin discovered the Cave of Souls, and an untapped raw power inside. He used this power and infused them into Talisman's of power, designed to increase his own powers so that he might overthrow Altwaal and rule all the First.

A large battle erupted between the First and Reshnael. Eventually, Reshnael was defeated and Altwaal sealed Thaerin was sealed in the Cave of Souls with his talismans. To prevent further tampering with the untapped UE that was in the cave, he sealed off the cave, hid the valley, and made it so that the First would no longer be interested in the affairs of the planet.

Many lives were lost during the war. Dragon, Human, and First alike. The few dragons that survived remained in the Valley of Geranth with most of the world's wizards to protect the Cave of Souls and ensure that the evil locked inside would never be released into the world again.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Traveler and Grace

Traveler silently headed into town, doubling back and sticking to side routes every so often. He finally stopped at the Thirsty Goat.

"If you need a drink, this place works. Besides, I need to see how serious the poster was."

He heads inside.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Danielle Jara

Do they serve food here too? I'm kind of hungry. I haven't eaten anything substantial in a long time.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Traveler and Grace

Traveler noded.

Grace smiled.

"And they have a good bath too."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Danielle Jara

Danielle smiled.

Both sound great. I suppose our meeting with Lord Winchester can wait until after we've had a decent meal and a bath.

Danielle followed Traveler and Grace into the Thirsty Goat.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Eirik Iensson

Within the Thirsty Goat a row was brewing. A heavily accented voice was heard shouting:

"I tell you, this coin is good! See? Is fine silver. Is... tetradrahm of Ehlanikh, it looks like.

"Not good enough for you? Fine! Take this other coin too! Is denar of Osmanstan. See winged walking bird on backside?"

A long pause, then:

"No! I no want to stay another night! I want to leave!"
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Traveler and Grace

"When you're ready, we can leave."

"And yes, Grace you can get a cider."

The girl bounced with glee and ran to the bar. Traveler shook his head.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Danielle Jara

Danielle watched as Grace bounded away excited. She looked at Traveler.

You two make odd traveling companions. You seem much more tame than her. Is she your daughter or a young lover perhaps?
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Traveler and Grace

Traveler was caught off guard by that question. He coughed like he had bene punched in the gut.

"Neither with no interest in the later. Her family was killed by bandits, she survived. I don't know why she chose to come with me but I've trained her to handle herself. An old woman once said people who have no family sometimes gather together to fill that gap. Maybe thats true for her."
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Danielle Jara

Danielle sat down at a table.

So, you have no family of your own, yet have taken in Grace as a daughter of sorts. Very noble of you.

Danielle smiled. At the same time she wondered if that would be his weakness as well. Would he protect her as he would his own daughter?

A serving wench came up to the table a moment after they were seated.

Wench: Can I help you?

I'll have lamb and mead.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast