Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham City

Gotham City

Gotham City

Oracle
    Clock Tower
    Tuesday, 1000

"Same as the last few incidents, Chris. No sign of forced entry, no prints, immaculately clean..."

Barbara Gordon, more known in their circle as Oracle, took a sip from her coffee mug then turned her attention back to one of the many monitors in front of her. On the screen was a young black woman leaving one of Gotham's most high-end residential apartelles. The woman is Detective Josephine MacDonald, aka Josie Mac; Newest partner to Detective Chris Allen. Oracle rubbed her eyes as she continued to go through Josie's background in her head. *It seemed a little off to her that their department would bother with this case. Although, from what she's heard, Josie Mac had a knack for finding lost objects.

However, the items were not actually lost, more specifically, they were stolen. This was the fifth incident of a stolen antique or artifact reported this week. Babs was currently trying to figure out what the objects had in common, and from the looks of it, the GCPD had no leads as well.

"Right. I'll meet you at headquarters."

Babs was still watching the monitor as Josie Mac turned her cell phone off then turned towards the surveilance camera of a nearby building - the same one Oracle tapped into, and curiously stared at it for a few seconds, as if she knew she was being watched.

"Now that's interesting. Quite an instinct you got there, detective."

When Josie Mac finally turned around and hailed a cab, Babs adjusted her headset and took pity on her friend who was grudgingly forced to start patrol early in the morning. "All right, Dinah. You can come back now. And to make up for dragging you out of bed, brunch is on me. Swing by Mr. Fieri's place for some pasta, perhaps?"
    Oracle - Barbara Gordon, Batgirl - Cassandra Cain, Catwoman - Selina Kyle

BoP - Current Review: #83, Discussion Thread

...to the topTop

Black Canary

Two fingertips brushed the microreceiver in her right ear as she yawned into the hidden microphone.

Darn tootin' you owe me! It's not like last night was an early one either, ya know.

Dinah squeezed the throttle on her bike and laid rubber down between the two rows of traffic.

And it's rush hour too! Ugh. Honestly, what's wrong with a lunch date?

The Italian restaurant was reached in a matter of minutes, food ordered, prepared, packaged and paid for in a few more, and a still slightly begrudging Dinah made her way inside the clock tower. She flopped down onto the couch as soon as she came in the door and moaned.

If you want any of this you're going to have to come and get it 'cause I ain't movin' from this spot for at least another hour.
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

Robin
    Bright cheerful Tuesday, 1001
    High Above Gotham

The filthy autumn air swept past Robin as he was crouched hidden behind a gargoyle on the monstrosity that is Wayne Tower. Up here, Gotham is beautiful! Its as if there's no crime, so serene. Only the filthy air is an ever present reminder of the need to clean up this city. *

Robin was at Wayne Tower to think, hidden behind the shadows cast by the bright sun overhead and with his buddy, Gork (one of the Gargoyles perched a top Wayne Industries' world headquarters) for company. *It was his favorite spot in the world, day or night and with a holiday in Gotham, perfect time to think. *He wore his uniform to get up here--- it would be pretty awkward how a teenager could get up pretty high. *

Robin's eyes paned *across the city below him, the nth time--- it was a lifetime ago now, he felt since he first started this. It was reflex to him now, this heightened sense of awareness. This unrelenting need to be a human sensor, as Bruce thought him. *He was a bright kid, full of optimism and hope, perfect to be Robin! He was squire to the World's Darkest Knight, student to the World's Greatest Detective. *

The Batman needed a Robin, he argued with Bruce back then, before he got this job. *Little did he know, he'd get it and that Bruce--- the Batman being the man he was made him work for it. His training, like Dick's, like Barbara's before him and like Cassie's now--- and because of Jason Todd was meant to make him do this job to near absolute perfection to complete Batman's all consuming vision of justice and keeping innocents from harm's way as much as to stay alive. *Yet for Tim Drake, Robin the Boy Wonder, this was always a part time job. *He thought so from the beginning. *Even as his awareness focused on his surroundings, while his mind kept one eye over Gotham and an ear on the communicator and another to any disturbance in the air, *Robin's mind wandered. *

Steph thinks of this as a game, Tim thought. Sure she wants to do right--- to over compensate because who her father was. *Who wouldn't if your dad was the Cluemaster?

An explosion sounded--- two blocks away that echoed and cut through the Gotham skyline and ended his train of thought.

It was too bright and cheerful for explosions to be happening. but this is gotham.

In one well trained motion that puts to shame the best dance troupe in the world--- Robin unhooked his grappler and plunged himself into the filth that is Gotham, like a bird of prey. *

When he first worn this uniform, he remembered thinking Bruce never told him how exhilarating it was swinging--- flying across from rooftop to rooftop night after night. *Now All Robin could feel was how empty this all felt... like he didn't belong here that there must be something more than Gotham's unending night. *

"When love, is truly responsible, it is also truly free." - John Paul II
    ...to the topTop

Tuesday, 1001
    Gotham City Police Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by arkangel
    An explosion sounded--- two blocks away that echoed and cut through the night sky and ended his train of thought. In one well trained motion that puts to shame the best dance troupe in the world--- Robin unhooked his grappler and plunged himself into the filth that is Gotham, like a bird of prey. [/font]

Detective Jesse Reese is siting at his desk doing paper work when his coffee starts to shake
    "What the heck" Reese looks around to see why on earth his coffee would shake unless,Reese grabs his coat as one off the officers comes running into the room.The officer sounds the warning as Reese is on his way to his car,once in his car Reese has it started and is on his way and talking on the radio within seconders."Whats the word?"Reese asks the operator,A building exploded in downtown Gotham the operator explains."Where" is all Reese asks,two blocks from Wayne Tower."I'm on my way"Reese slams the emergency light on to the top of his car and heads to the site of the exploded building
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Black Canary
    If you want any of this you're going to have to come and get it 'cause I ain't movin' from this spot for at least another hour.
    Babs swiftly turned her wheelchair around then down the ramp, all the while laughing at a cranky Dinah.

"Good day to you, too, sunshine." She picked up her food container and tossed a piece of vegetable from her pasta towards her sprawled friend. "So, does the early bird have a scoop for me?"

At her mention of the word 'early', Babs rolled her eyes and shook her head a bit. "At least I can count on someone to be there for early patrol. Apparently, paging her six times is not enough to get her attention." "Her" was of course, Huntress, Helena Bertinelli. Oracle wasn't too keen on having her aboard at first, but she did prove to be effective and she did save her life. Huntress' work ethic, however, isn't exactly impressive.

Babs was disrupted by the crackling sound and a booming voice coming from the GCPD scanner. *cczzzkkkhh*... explosion... two blocks.. Wayne Tower...

"It seems like an early start for the criminals as well. Good thing I have another bird in that area." Babs said as she adjusted the mic on her headset.

"Robin?"
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Dinah / Black Canary

Heh. Knew she wasn't an early riser.

Dinah smirked into the throw cushion, but sat up when the GCPD band crackled to life and made its cruel announcement. Following Babs to the computer console, she started cramming some Italian into her mouth, just in case.

Fwoo, how bad ifff it? Wiw you need me vere?
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Robin
    The Chimera Building,
    Two blocks from Wayne Tower
    Gotham City

"Oracle, *I'm on intercept.... it looks like the Chimera Building is on fire from the ground going up." *Robin reported.

The air was bristling hot by the time Robin got into the burning building. *Reaching behind him, the boy wonder took out Bruce's new toy--- fire-lungs, a hooded hard-top mask with an oxygen generator, perfect for situations like this and strapped on his exposed arms additional fireproof covers. *Armed properly the young man dove straight into a window--- the closest area where he could hear a woman screaming. *Forgetting momentarily his doubts on being Robin. *

"Oracle, I'm suited up with B's new Fire-Lungs--- looks like I'll be field testing it now!" *Robin called over the comms with a smile hidden behind the new mask. *

In the background he could here emergency services on the roll. *He would beat them all and perhaps it would make an additional difference in someone's life.

Inside he was searching franticly.

Help me! Help me! a frightened woman's voice kept calling.

Where are you ma'am? Robin yelled at the top of his lungs.

Robin moved from corridor to corridor and room to room and he had reached the top most floor and he heard the woman's yelling and it was dwindling now. *The fire had not yet reached it yet but the smoke had reach inhuman levels. *Then Robin suddenly noticed the woman had stopped yelling. All he could hear was the fire bristling around them. *

Robin reached into his belt and extracted a sharp-edged batarang and with his Bo-staff formed an Ax. *He would have to remember to thank Babs for this idea, Tim thought. Using the Bat-Ax he broke into the only room on the top most floor.
    A woman was there unconscious--- strapped to a chair. Then all around him, bombs scattered all over the room but thankfully none on the victim. *

Collapsing his Bo-staff, Robin quickly used his batarang and freed the young woman. *He surveyed the room--- one window and perfect for a grappler! He picked up the woman, smashed the window and fired the grappler. *The fire would be here any second now. *

With the unconscious woman on his back, Robin took them to the air and as he did so, activated his emergency comm line to Oracle. *

"Oracle! Priority Alert! *There are bombs on the top floor of the Chimera building! *I see Emergency Services are about to enter the building and Gotham PD is in area! Its all going to blow up any moment now! Call them off!!! *Once that fire hits---!
    ...to the topTop

Detective Reese pulls up to the Chimera Building
    Reese removes his coat and shirt he grabs a bandanna from his glove compartment
    Reese heads for the Emergency Services "is there any one still in the building?"
    Emergency Services "where not sure" Reese heads for the entrance of the building well tying the bandanna over his face"i have a hand held CB unit on me if there's a problem call me"
    Reese runs in to the burning building searching the first floor and finding nothing he heads to the second floor
    ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Jesse Reese
    Detective Reese pulls up to the Chimera Building
    Reese removes his coat and shirt he grabs a bandanna from his glove compartment
    Reese heads for the Emergency Services "is there any one still in the building?"
    Emergency Services "where not sure" Reese heads for the entrance of the building well tying the bandanna over his face"i have a hand held CB unit on me if there's a problem call me"
    Reese runs in to the burning building searching the first floor and finding nothing he heads to the second floor
    Robin
    Across the Chimera Building,
    Two Blocks from Wayne Tower
    Gotham City

Gotham air was bristling hot as Robin tapped his communicator.

"Oracle! Do you read?"

*crackles* *Robin's eyes widened. The signal meter to his comms was dwindling in and out. He did not know if someone was jamming comms to Oracle or if it had something to do with the fire below him. *Robin's mind was calculating posibilities as he saw Detective Reese enter the building. He also needed to bring this woman to the attention of the medics below and really quick. She was a vital witness to this incident. He needed to keep her alive.

Looking between the blaze below and the fire victim beside him... Robin knew he would need to decide now.

"ORACLE! Reese is entering the building! I have the woman-victim on the roof-deck of Bill Finger Tower. You need to warn those guys! You need to warn Reese! ORACLE! Do you read me?!"
    ...to the topTop

The Joker watches the burning building from an ally a couple of blocks down the street

"Some one's been having Fun without The Joker who ever it is is doing a vary good job no Bats yet but Bats little sidekick robin showed up"
    The Joker continues to watch
    "and that dumb Detective Ran in there this could get interesting"
    "I have to find out how did this and congratulate them on a good job but it could be better"
    What would Gotham City be without its most notorious criminal

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Jacen ... ejoker.jpg
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast