Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Threat SL

A New Threat SL

A New Threat SL

I wanted to raise this idea to everyone for feedback, thoughts, suggestions, etc. *But it all revolves around a few questions...

1)What if the First were never meant to evolve?

2)What if a "counter-measure" was put in place (possibly by Danik) to ensure the First would never achieve a higher status?

And here's the final question....

3)What if that "counter-measure" itself evolved over time, and now considers eradicating First and Atlanteans alike?

Ultimately, this could be a big SL that could take the place of Nestle's Clone SL that was slated for this year I think. *But before any of that, I wanted to raise the question to see what everybody thinks. *Nothing has been outlined yet so the potential for this is wide-open.
    The Crook from The Brook. The Sneaky Freaky Brutha.
    I am the thief in the night, here to quietly liberate your treasures while you sleep... or slip under your lady's bed sheets to fulfill the secret passions she never tells you about. By the time you wake up, I've left you penniless and your lady breathless.
    You're welcome.
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's a thought to add to that:

1) We established there were "gods" before the Atlanteans transitioned.
    2) Maybe no one was meant to transition (not even Atlanteans).
    3) Something was created that would prevent the transition from happening.
    4) The created being turned on its creators
    5) Battle took place, creature was defeated and locked away because it could not be destroyed (another universe perhaps?)
    6) Transition happened
    7) Time passed
    8) Current time: Someone releases the creature (either purposely or accidentally)
    9) Creature is bent on destroying all beings of power (Transitioned, First, Sigil-Bearers, etc).

What do you think?
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    Im in this universe hunting something. My arrival here could be hunting the very thing that is set to destroy the First. It could have destroyed my universe, forcing me to chase it here. I already have some ideas in mind for what Im hunting, and can easily adapt it to fit this idea, if youre interested.
    ...to the topTop

*rubs chin*

all verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interwesting
    Mother of the Dawn and Daughter of the Sun
    ...to the topTop

I like the idea. *

Here's my two cents: *What if this fail safe created by Danik or someone else against evolved things weren't exactly a creature? *What if it was some kind of virus or something along those lines? *Even a magical virus. *It could give us the chance to face a threat in a very different way, other than rays and fists, I mean.

M
    ...to the topTop

BIOLOGICAL WARFARE!!! HELLO!!!

Yes, a virus would indeed be very effective - you can't see, hear, or smell them, and they tend to be hardy little things. Oooo fun. Gotta love those global/universal threats.
    One for sorrow, two for joy,
    Three for a girl, four for a boy,
    Five for silver, six for gold,
    Seven for a story that's never been told.
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    I don't like the idea of the biological threat, because that will limit what most players could do against the threat.
    ...to the topTop

And considering the First are so reactive, battling something they can't punch could be very nice. *

The virus could affect their powers directly, making them work chaoticly at first and then, make them going against the power bearer. *

M
    ...to the topTop

And what if this virus affected their minds????

M
    ...to the topTop

Blog Entries
    My opinion still is that I don't like that idea.

My characters (that are still active) can't do anything against it, except be affected. Those like Mil and TVL probably wouldn't be affected at all. Only a few would be able to stop the virus by finding the cure. To me, it biological/viral agent doesn't sound fun to RP.
    ...to the topTop

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast