Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-16-2003, 03:41 PM
    Whispering back.

"I know she is cute. I'm not much of a "ladies man", I probably screw it up if I asked her out. Besides we leaving soon anyway, I don't think looking for this lost city would be much of a date."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-16-2003, 03:47 PM
    Continues the whispering...

Are you kidding? Looking for this city can work out to be one HUGE date for you. And it won't last just one evening. Think about it. You get to go with her to another place she's never seen before. You'll get to eat together, have conversations together.

Devilishly includes

Sleep under the stars...together.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-16-2003, 03:55 PM
    Whispers back and is grateful Jordan couldn't hear them.

"Hmmm...I never thought about it that way. Maybe looking for this city will be a big date after all."

Looking at JD.

"Do you think she likes me? I mean I like her, but I don't want to blow this."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-16-2003, 04:01 PM
    "Let's just say this Doc. While I was watching you flirting with her, I also noticed her flirting with you. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that 2 + 2 = 7, if you get my drift."
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-16-2003, 04:45 PM
    Julian looks at Jordan with perhaps the slightest hint of disdain. "No comment," he says before leaving the room again for reasons unknown.

Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-17-2003, 12:06 PM
    "Well everybody." Mr. Waring announces.

"We should get going. All of your belongings have been taken to the airfield already. So if you'll follow me, we'll be on our way."

Mr. Waring led the way out the kitchen and down the hall to the front door. Outside Mr. Flint was waiting with the car. A white sedan with gold trim. This was no ordinary sedan though, it had been custom built and could hold six people in the back.

Mr. Flint opened the back door and Waring leapt in like a young boy.

"What's everyone waiting for? Let's go!" He shouted from the back seat.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-17-2003, 12:15 PM
    Never one to be left behind, JD jumped in as well

Wow. This is nice and roomy. You sure know how to travel with style.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-17-2003, 05:03 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by BinkysRevolution:
    Julian looks at Jordan with perhaps the slightest hint of disdain. "No comment," he says before leaving the room again for reasons unknown.

Sighs and calls him a bad word in her mind.

"Fine, I'll just forget that part of the article. Screw mentioning a little bit of background about the people, I'll just write about the trip and the things we had to do to get there instead."

She looked at Jack and JD for a moment and wondered what they were whispering about. Then she heard it was time to go.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-17-2003, 05:06 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Millenium:
    "Let's just say this Doc. While I was watching you flirting with her, I also noticed her flirting with you. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that 2 + 2 = 7, if you get my drift."
    "2+2 doesn't equal 7, but I see your point."

Looking at Mr. Waring.

"I'm ready."

Looking at Jordan.

"I think it is time we go."

They walked together and as they came to the car, he held out his hand.

"Ladies first."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-17-2003, 05:08 PM
    She smiled at Jack.

"Thanks."

She went inside the car and looked at the car.

"Nice car."

"I wish I could afford a car like this..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-17-2003, 05:12 PM
    "You're welcome."

He sat down next to her in the car and wondered if JD was right. Jack had never been much a "ladies' man", but he did know he never meet a girl like Jordan before. Maybe this trip would be a good time to get to know her and maybe something else...He looked around the car.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-17-2003, 07:29 PM
    Still groggy from her late night, Agatha gets into the car hoping that the ride would be both long and quiet. This is a hope that probably won't pan out too well, considering the band of people with her and her being a light sleeper, but she is still determined to sleep all the way to the airfield.

((ooc.... no car, no computer... aiya.... -_- Such things make Amber very unhappy... ))
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-18-2003, 12:41 AM
    Julian was the last one in. He stopped at the car door and said something unintelligible before stepping in. Mister Flint shut the door for him before taking his own seat as driver of the luxurious vehicle.

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-18-2003, 06:49 AM
    Looks at Ms. Harper...

Awww, look at Aggy. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. I wonder why she is so tired all the time? Hmmm....

Looks at Julian and playfully adds...

Wow. Jules, if you're not the walking definition of "got up on the wrong side of the bed", then I don't know what is. Cheer up, man! I always say that if you're not dead, you have a reason to celebrate! So tell me. Who defecated in your oatmeal this morning?
    [ 06-18-2003, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-18-2003, 03:13 PM
    Looks out the window and wonders how long until they make it to the airport. She pulled out her picture of Sarah and hoped that nothing bad would happen.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-18-2003, 03:16 PM
    Agatha slumps over against her neighbor's shoulder, sleeping soundly.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-18-2003, 03:17 PM
    Sitting next to Jordan, he looked at the picture.

"Is that your niece? She looks so much like you, I bet people all the time think she is your daughter."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-18-2003, 03:20 PM
    Smiling at the picture of the happy little blond-haired, blue-eyed, 6 year old girl.

"A lot of people think that. She is my oldest brother's daughter."

"And the only reason I'm here."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-18-2003, 03:24 PM
    "Well she is pretty little girl.."

"Pretty like you..."

"When she grows up she'll have the boys lined up at her door."
    [ 06-18-2003, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Optimus_Prime ]
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-18-2003, 03:29 PM
    Wonders about how long it will take for Doc and Jordan to get together. They seemed right for each other. JD smiled to himself when he thought about them together.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-18-2003, 03:34 PM
    She grinned.

"Brandon and will have our work cut out for us then. Stephen wouldn't have liked it if his little girl was dating every man in town...Stephen is...was...Sarah's father. He died... Brandon and I are taking care of her."

She didn't mention though that Sarah was the reason she needed the money or other things.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-18-2003, 03:36 PM
    He nodded.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Well at she has you and your brother there to take care of her."

He looked at the sleeping Agatha and then out the window.

"We'll be on to the airport soon."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-18-2003, 03:38 PM
    "Brand and I will always be there for her."

Looking at Agatha.

"She must be tired."

She nodded and looked out the window.

"Yes, we will be on that plane to South America soon."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-18-2003, 03:40 PM
    "I'm sorry to hear about your brother also, J. It must be nice to be able to have family take of each other. I'm almost envious."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-18-2003, 03:44 PM
    "It was hard on all of us. But he is in a better place. Brand and I make sure that Sarah knows that we love her."

Looking at JD.

"What is your family like?"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-18-2003, 03:51 PM
    "My family? Wow. Nobody's ever asked me that one before. Well, let's see. My dad was a pilot, like myself. But he flew combat missions. Very authoritative. Very distant. My mom died when I was two so I don't have much memories of her. My dad never did recover from her death, I don't think. I pretty much took care of myself until I left home. I couldn't take it in that house anymore. It never really felt like home, you know what I mean?"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-18-2003, 06:49 PM
    As the car comes to a stop, the group chatter subsides. Mr. Flint opens the door and the adventurers step out. In front of them is a white dirigible. The words Wisdom of Solomon are christened on the lower tail rudder. Above the words is a symbol of a sphere inside a circle.

A man approaches the group from the blimp. He is a short man, about 5'3. With brown skin that gives him a distinctly South American look. As the man approaches the group smiling he says hello to Mr. Waring.

"Everyone," Mr. Waring says, "I want you to meet Pedro Ramanez. He will be the other pilot during this flight. We can't have JD staying up for five days strait!"

Mr. Waring laughs as he pats JD hard on the back. "Pedro will also be the one piloting ahead of you dropping your supplies."

"Pedro, Id like you to meet my 'Adventurers'. He points out each person as he introduces them.

"Agatha Harper, Jordan Stall, Julian Mckeon, Doctor Smith, and your co-pilot JD Tyme."
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-18-2003, 06:57 PM
    As Mr. Waring goes through the roll call. Pedro greets each member of the group with a friendly smile and a handshake.

"Ms. Harper, Ms. Stall I am grateful to have such beauty on this expedition."

"Mr. McKeon, I have heard of your many adventures."

"Doctor Smith, lets hope you will not be needed."

"...and JD Tyme, I am honored to serve with such a legendary pilot. But I thought you were dead? The last I heard you crashed into a mountain?"
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-18-2003, 10:12 PM
    Willis, the soldier, approaches the group. He dwarfs Pedro, easily a foot taller than him. The former major makes a stiff hello to the co-pilot then turns to JD:

Tyme? I knew someone with that name. He was in the military during the war. How did you know him?
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-18-2003, 10:50 PM
    "Crashed into a mountain?!?" Agatha repeated, suddenly wide awake. "I suppose you'll tell me that you 'can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs,' then, won't you? Crashed into a mountain... Good Lord..." Agatha shook her head.
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-19-2003, 02:11 AM
    The other passengers had left Julian to his own thoughts during the trip, which was just as well since he had been far into his own thoughts. Even when JD had tried to strike a conversation with him, Julian had largely ignored him. He could not have helped noticing how incredibly gorgeous Agatha had been when she slept on his shoulder. He hoped no one had noticed how his eyes had kept straying to her. However, his thoughts weren't solely on her he was sorry to admit. All morning, he had had a throbbing headache and as the day wore on so, too, did his headache worsen. Even now, he was having difficulty concentrating. He vaguely heard someone address him, saying, "Mr. McKeon, I have heard of your many adventures."
    He mumbled some response before losing interest again. Ugh, when is this infernal headache going to end?! he thought to himself.

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 07:01 AM
    Being told that there was going to be a co-pilot gave JD mixed feelings. On one hand, he didn't want to stay up for five days straight. The extra help would be nice. But on the other hand, JD didn't appreciate the notion of flying with someone he didn't know previously. He glared at Mr. Waring momentarily for not giving him a heads up about this. But as soon as Pedro asked about the mountain, JD says...

"You must be talking about the Mount Everest fiasco. Too many people talk about climbing that dumb mountain. I mean, how boring is that? I merely thought that a true spectacle would be to survive crashing into it. It hasn't been done before, until me that is. But people didn't see me for a few weeks after the crash, so they thought that I bought the pig farm. It's so much fun faking your own death. Ah, memories."

Looks at the soldier

"Hey Big Will! Nice to see you all sobered up. And the individual you might be talking about is my dad. Does the name "Colonel I. Emfather Tyme" ring any bells?"

Looks at Ms. Harper with a smile...

"No fair snagging up one of my lines, Aggy. I had a good opportunity to use that one too. Oh well. Great minds think alike, I always say."

Pulls Julian aside and says...

"Look man. This whole grouch thing you got going on was cool in the beginning, but you really need to lighten up. You need to enjoy life! For all we know, we could die tomorrow. Better to die with a smile on your face, I always say. Or did my dad say that? Hmmm... Anyway, you get my drift?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 01:29 PM
    She looked at JD.

"I'm sorry you had to grow up in a family like that."

quote:
    Originally posted by Danial:
    As Mr. Waring goes through the roll call. Pedro greets each member of the group with a friendly smile and a handshake.

"Ms. Harper, Ms. Stall I am grateful to have such beauty on this expedition."

Shaking his hand, she ignored the comment.

"Hello, Pedro."

Looking in shock at JD.

"You are that pilot? One of the other reporters where I work was all over that story. You must have 9 lives."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 01:39 PM
    Smiling

"Yep. That was me. You must have heard about me going over Niagara Falls in a barrel blindfolded. Or maybe you've heard of me jumping into the Grand Canyon buttnaked with only a parachute. Stuff like that is more like a hobby of mines. I think I've cheated death so many times that the devil himself must have given up on me entering his domain anytime soon."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 01:44 PM
    quote:

"Doctor Smith, lets hope you will not be needed."

Shaking his hand.

"Hopefully not, but it better safe then sorry."

Looking at Julian, he handed him some aspirin.

"Here you like you need it."

Looking at JD.

"I've heard about your "adventures". Am I going to have my work cut out for me trying to keep you alive?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 01:48 PM
    Doc, you won't have anything to worry about from me.

Pulls Doc aside and says...

But just in case? You may want to bring a lot of bandages. Oh, and some splints. Don't forget about some extra O+ blood. And don't forget about a red balloon.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
    Shaking is head at JD. He was right about him, he was a "daredevil".

"I see every thing else, but why a red balloon?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 02:02 PM
    "Oh, the red balloon? Well, that's a little secret of mines but I guess I can tell you. You see, at some point during this adventure, I plan to jump off of high place with a red balloon. It has to be red."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 02:04 PM
    Post Deleted
    [ 06-19-2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 02:12 PM
    "Ah. So how badly do you hurt yourself after you jump off something high with it?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 02:21 PM
    Looked at JD.

"When this is all over would you mind if I wrote a story about your life and adventures? So many people are fascinated with you. We could make some money."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 02:29 PM
    Trying to hold in a laugh

"Well, Doc. It's not HOW badly I'm hurt. More importantly than that is how FAST I can heal before I can attempt another ridiculously brazen stunt."

Snickers to himself at the thought of having a doctor close by this time

"Hmmm....I hadn't thought about having my story told. Especially for money. Hmm...you might be on to something, J."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 02:36 PM
    He rolled his eyes.

"Oh Lord. You know, we should keep in touch after this trip is over. You, by yourself, would keep me in business for years."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 02:39 PM
    "JD, my boss loves any story he can find about you. You are always in the paper at least once a year. A story about your life would make us rich. Hmm...it is something to think about when this is over."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 02:54 PM
    "Hmmm...now that you mention it Doc, it would be nice to have a personal doctor. I get so tired of going from one doctor to another. They all look at me like I should be dead already. Plus they keep asking me if I'm an organ donor. You don't look at me like I'm gonna die. At least not yet."

Rubs his goatee

"Only in the paper once a year? I must not be doing something right."

Devilishly thinks of new exciting stunts to pull on this caper that would get him more recognition

"Rich, huh? J, NOW you're talking my language! We may have to do that. But if we're going to collaborate on that, Doc has to be in the story to, since I'll be going to him to help patch me up. He sure is a swell guy, isn't he?"
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 03:01 PM
    "Well I figure the longer I keep you alive the more money I'd make. Plus I like you. You are a little crazy but I doubt I'd ever get bored being your doctor."

Looking at him talking to Jordan, he muttered.

"What are you doing?"
    [ 06-19-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Optimus_Prime ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 03:06 PM
    "I figured the rich word would wheel you in. We'll have to do that."

If she wrote a story about JD she could get some nice money to take care of Sarah with.

"Of course Jack would be included since from the sound of it, he might become your personal doctor. Good thing too, we can't have you dying on us."

Thinking for a moment..."Is he trying to set me up with Jack,"

"Yeah he is a swell guy."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 03:09 PM
    Whispers back...

"Don't worry, Doc. I got this. Watch..."

Back to Jordan

"J? Can you do something for me?"
    [ 06-19-2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-19-2003, 03:16 PM
    The major, oblivious and uninterested in what's going on, goes to offer some help to the pre-flight crew.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 03:18 PM
    Looking at JD, he sighed and hoped he wasn't going to make Jack look like a fool.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 03:19 PM
    Looks off at the soldier

Hey Big Will! Don't go too far. From the sound of things, you might know my father. I have some questions that you might be able to answer.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 03:20 PM
    "Sure. What is it JD?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 03:26 PM
    I really need to go talk to the Major over there. But in the same instance, the Doc was telling me about his fear of flying and was looking for someone to hold his hand during take-off. I was wondering, since you seem to be at ease with flying, if you could stay close to him?

Without waiting for an answer...

Gee, thanks J. You're the best!

Rushes off to help with the pre-flight crew
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 03:30 PM
    "I never said I was..."

Then seeing JD's point, he looked at Jordan.

"I'm scared of flying. I never liked it. I'm fine in the air, it's just the take off part...."

He wondered if this idea would work.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-19-2003, 03:33 PM
    "It's okay. I don't like the take off either. That is the worst part. I've flown a lot fo places for my job and I always hate that part the most. So tell you what you hold my hand while I'm scared of take off and I'll hold yours."

She smiled at him.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-19-2003, 03:34 PM
    He smiled back at her.

"That works."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-19-2003, 03:36 PM
    Looks off in the distance at Doc and J and says to himself...

"Yep, there's love in the air. I can smell it."
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-19-2003, 08:51 PM
    Mr. Waring continues to talk to Pedro as the team begins to wander off .

"Is everything going smooth Pedro?"

"Yes, Mr. Waring. We had a little trouble in the second port turbine, but it's under control now." Pedro answers.

"Good, good. I want to show the crew around before you are off."

"Everybody!" Waring says in a loud voice. "If you'll join me one more time, I would like to give you a tour before you are off."
    [ 06-19-2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Danial ]
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-19-2003, 10:00 PM
    As Mr. Waring leads the way again, he enters the blimp through a large door in the back. Inside is the cargo hold. It is a fairly large room that has been stocked full of supplies, medicine, and weapons. Three large white crates with the circle symbol sit in the center of the room. Mr. Waring explains they are what the supplies will be dropped in.

Walking through the room, he reaches the next door. Opening it reveals a hallway with three doors on the side. He explains that these are the sleeping quarters. He opens one of the side doors to showcase the room. They are small rooms, about ten feet by ten feet. Each room contained two beds, a porthole, and the small trunks each person received earlier.

"You will all have a roommate. Hope you don't mind. Jordan and Agatha, the Doctor and Mr. McKeon, JD and the Major in the last."

The next room was a lounge area. It had many comfortable chairs, tables for gathering or eating, and a bar/food preparations area.

Beyond the lounge was the cockpit.

"Well everybody... I wish you all luck. My job is done here, it's up to all of you now. Since I will no longer be with you, I suggest you all pick a leader. The trip will take about five days, so get to know each other. It will probably be the only quiet time you will have from this point out. And remember, contact Mr. Flint if you have any problems."

"Are there any questions before you go?"
    [ 06-19-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Danial ]
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-19-2003, 10:11 PM
    Julian pops the two aspirin the doctor graciously gave him and falls in with the crowd forming behind Mister Waring. He spots Agatha and, despite his headache, tries to strike up some semblance of a conversation with her. "Er...Hello, Agatha."

(The beer drinking smilie is still there; you just have to use your imagination.)
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 07:21 AM
    "Nope. No questions on my end. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to run a check on the systems to ensure everything is flight-worthy."

Heads up to the Control Room
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 09:47 AM
    Major Willis notes JD's sudden interest at the mention of his father to himself. I wonder what that was all about? Oh well, there will be plenty of time to find out, since I can't exactly run out on everyone in a blimp. Later, then.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 09:53 AM
    Uh, Major? Could you give me a hand with some of this stuff?
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 12:28 PM
    Jordan looked around the blimp.

"Nice."

She never been in blimp before and was impressed at the size of it. "I bet it takes a lot of money to afford this thing." She looked at the room she be sharing with Agatha and the lounge. Looking at Mr. Waring.

"I don't have any questions."

"Well not any I think you would actually answer." Five days in the air, well she get to know Jack better.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 12:33 PM
    Jack looked at the medical supplies and wondered if that be enough to make sure JD didn't end up to damaged. He followed Mr. Waring as they explored the blimp and didn't really care about having a roommate he had shared a room when he was younger with his brother, so it was nothing new. He looked at the lounge and was kind of glad about the 5 days it would take to get there. He'd have a chance to know Jordan better.

"No questions Mr. Waring. Bye."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 12:47 PM
    Looking at Jack was standing next to her.

"After take off and stuff you want to get a drink later and just chat? I mean we'll be here for a while and..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 12:48 PM
    "Yeah that be cool. I'd like that."

He smiled at her.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 01:11 PM
    Standing off to the side with Jack she was speaking in a low voice to him.

"We need a "leader" for this?"

Looking at the people.

"Well I doubt it'll be you or me. I wonder who'll it'll be."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 01:12 PM
    "Hopefully not JD. He is a good guy, but he'd probably get us all killed. I don't know, hopefully we'll be able to trust them."

He shrugged his shoulders and wondered how long it'd be before they took off.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 01:16 PM
    Comes from out of the cockpit after checking everything through, when he overhears the conversation over a "leader"

"Well, thanks for the vote of confidence Doc. Seriously though, I wouldn't want it to be me anyway. I'm not my father. But who could fit that role?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 01:18 PM
    "Probably some who has experience on this kind of "adventures" I think. Of course we'd have to be able to trust them."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 01:20 PM
    "You know what I mean."

Thinking about it.

"Let's just have vote when we are up in the air. That way everyone will have a say."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 01:30 PM
    Agreeing with Doc...

"That's a good idea Doc. We should be set to take off any minute. Everything in the cockpit seemed to be up to snuff. Pedro has assured me that everything else is good to go. So we should be off the ground and in the air soon."

Pauses before heading to the cockpit

"J? Be sure to take care of Doc now. Alright?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 01:36 PM
    "YEah that is a good idea."

Hearing that it was almost time to take off.

"We'd better go to our seats."

Winking to JD.

"Don't worry I'll take good care of him."

((I won't be back till maybe Monday. Have good weekend everyone. ))
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 01:37 PM
    "Well we might as well get ready for that awful take off. Don't forget to hold my hand real tight when we go okay?"

((Yeah, if I don't see you all sometime this weekend, have a good one.))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-20-2003, 01:39 PM
    "Don't worry I will. You have to hold my real tight too."

She said as they walked to get ready for the take off.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-20-2003, 01:39 PM
    "I will."

He winked to JD and walked off with her.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 01:47 PM
    JD winked at both of them.

Ahhhh. Amore.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 01:53 PM
    Coming up from behind JD:

I hope they keep this professional. I know you've encouraged them, I saw it earlier, but try to get them to slow it down, alright? There's no guarantee that we all make it out of this alive, you know? It'll be hard enough with clear heads.

And I'm not one to speak out of line (at least not in front of people in charge), but why exactly did we need a reporter?
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 02:00 PM
    Looks at the Major...

Hey, you can't stop something like that. Life's too short to always play it safe. And J? I gather we need her because what we're doing is supposed to be noteworthy. Why? Do you have something against females?
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 03:44 PM
    "Don't compare your mind to mine, Mr. Tyme... "Agatha says with a shake of her head. "I'm afraid you give me more credit than I deserve-- unless you're a scatter-brain as well...
    "Good morning, Julian. I trust you slept well?" Agatha says with a slight nod. She walks up the ramp while Mr. Waring guides them.

Agatha takes her seat looking slightly ill at ease.
    "I've never flown before..." she comments. 'Let's hope Mr. Tyme takes care with the take off..."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 03:48 PM
    Looks over at Ms. Harper...

"Hey Aggy. Are you alright? You seem, I don't know...uneasy."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 03:52 PM
    Agatha fidgets a bit, her face going slightly red.
    "Actually, this will be my first flight... I came to America on a boat. I'm not... incredibly nervous about it..." she says, biting her lip. "I'm... fairly certain... you were... only kidding about... crashing into a mountain..."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 03:57 PM
    Seeing how nervous she really is, JD sits next to her...

"You mean Everest? Well, I did crash into that one. But that was on purpose. If it is in my power for us to have a safe landing, then I will do so. I may play games with my life, but not at the expense of others. Are you scared?"
    [ 06-20-2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 04:03 PM
    Agatha laughs a little bit.
    "Don't be silly... Of course not..." She's very obviously lieing. "Who would be afraid of a little thing like flying?..." she laughs again, nervously.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 04:11 PM
    Smiles at her

"Okay, I'm not buying it. I've seen this before time and time again. As soon as we take off, you're going to put whatever is closest to you in a vice. But, lucky for you I know the appropriate cure for this. If you will come with me?"
    [ 06-20-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 04:13 PM
    Agatha's face gets redder. She nods her head, nervously, and stands up.
    "Where... um... where exactly are we going?" she asks, apprehensively.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 04:16 PM
    The major stands against a doorway, shaking his head and smiling.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 04:19 PM
    "We...are going up to the cockpit. Too many people believe that they can just wish their fear of flying away. To conquer ANY fear, you have to meet that fear head on. You are going to accompany me to the cockpit where you can see what I'm doing. At the same time, you'll be able to see out the Big Window as we take off. And if you still need someone to hold your hand, I'll be there for that too. Okay?"

Looks at the Major

"You invited to come too, you know."
    [ 06-20-2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 04:25 PM
    Agatha's face gets redder still.
    "Into the... um... Perhaps it would be better if I stayed in the... lounge area... Heaven knows how I'll react to... For heaven's sake... I could just close my eyes, I'm sure..." she protests, sees that it's getting her nowhere and finally relents.
    "You do realize that if this doesn't work you are going to have an hysterical Englishwoman trapped in the cockpit with you..." she says very seriously.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 04:32 PM
    "Hysterical Englishwoman? PLEASE! No offense, but I've had to fight off a pack of lions and wild coyotes with a broken leg after crashing into the wrong part of Africa. I think I can manage."

...He says all that with a grin

"Now watch your step. There. Now please have a seat right here next to me and strap in good."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 04:37 PM
    Agatha arches a brow at him.
    "You've crashed in Africa as well?... I suppose you're going to tell me that you were trying to get to the top of Kilamonjaro..." She sighs and sits down next to J.D. and looks perplexedly at the seat belt, finally figuring out how it goes.
    "I didn't think that coyotes were indigenous to Africa..." she adds.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 04:47 PM
    "No, that mountain was too small. What I was doing was improving my aerial stunts. Then something went wrong with my engine and I crashed. And I think they were coyotes, I could be mistaken. All I know is that they looked hungry, and I was the main course."
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 04:51 PM
    I think I'd better stick around. I'm here to protect you people, and hysterical English women would be a good starting point.

To Agatha:

And if you find yourself in need of protecting from him, you come to me, ok?
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 04:54 PM
    "Ah..." says Agatha with a slight nod.
    "They were probably jackals or wild dogs.... I'm glad you didn't crash doing something like 'landing'... " she says sighing again. "That affords me a modicum of trust in your abilities..." She realizes that this is not a very nice thing to say and immediately begins to backpedal. "-----Not that I have no trust in your abilities-- I'm sure Mr. Waring knew exactly what he was doing when he chose you for the expedition--- I'm sure we won't crash or set the blimp alight or anything so careless-- You know, I think you must be a very good pilot to have lived through all of that, I'm sure... and if anyone else were afraid we were going to crash they would be protesting your flying the dirigible and I do hope that I'm not making you nervous or anything of the sort, Mr. Tyme... Do be careful, sir..." she says all this in a mad rush.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 04:58 PM
    To JD:

She talks fast. Most of that was incomprehensible to me. I just heard "jackals," "modicum," and "dirigible."

To Agatha:

Calm down there, miss. There's nothing to worry about. Although surviving accidents doesn't make him a good pilot. It just means he's lucky.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 05:12 PM
    Agatha hummed a little bit.
    "Sorry, then... Um... I suppose it's good to have a lucky pilot..." she bites her lip again. "Hopefully your luck will rub off on the rest of us..."
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 05:16 PM
    Let me tell you something about luck: no matter how good, it always runs out. I learned that from your dad.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-20-2003, 05:19 PM
    Agatha's eyes go wide.
    "You knew my father?!?" she asks frantically. "Oh wait...." She stops herself. "You were speaking to Mr. Tyme. Sorry then. I'd forgotten you mentioned that..." She fidgets a little.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-20-2003, 05:27 PM
    Sorry, but I don't know everyone's father!

The major senses certain parental issues with his traveling mates. Knowing Tyme, JD's probably scarred for life, the major thinks to himself.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-20-2003, 10:47 PM
    Looking puzzled..

"Learned that from my Dad? What happened? What was he like, you know....in the service?"
    [ 06-20-2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-20-2003, 11:10 PM
    After saying their goodbyes, Agatha completely ignored Julian from then on. He sighed. Just was well, he thought. No one would want to hang around an unhappy grouch like him. He decided to busy himself with settling into his bunk and unpacking some things from his bag for the long trip about to begin. Once done, he sat down on his bed to clear his thoughts, but found the covers very appealing and was soon asleep.

Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-22-2003, 11:57 PM
    "Good luck everybody. I hope to see you all soon." And with that, Mr. Waring left the airship.

As the passengers waited with anticipation, the four massive turbines began to move. The anchor cables were detached, and the blimp lurched forward. Rising slowly and smoothly into the air, the passengers fears were being put to ease. Through the port windows, Mr. Waring could be seen waving while Mr. Flint stood there silently.

The group was on it's way. Unaware of the dangers that lay ahead...
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-23-2003, 10:44 AM
    From within the cockpit of the Gondola, JD double-checks all steam and gas gauges, adjusts ascension to match wind velocity, and comfortably steers the blimp towards it's destination. The take-off went smoother than JD expected given it's been about a year since JD piloted the LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin in it's first round-the-world flight in 1929. Nevertheless, JD silent sighs at the notion of being in the wild blue yonder once again. He was born to do this.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-23-2003, 03:26 PM
    Sits and smiles as Agatha is forced to go into the cockpit. Soon the blimp will take off. She looked at Jack who was sitting next to her and held out her hand.

"It's time."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-23-2003, 03:51 PM
    "Yup it is time."

He put his hand in hers as the blimp took off. He pretended to be scared when he realized she really was. He held her hand tight and after they were settled in the air he didn't want to let go but he did.

"Well it wasn't that bad."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-23-2003, 03:52 PM
    Looking at her.

"You okay?"
    [ 06-23-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Optimus_Prime ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-23-2003, 03:55 PM
    Looking at him after he let go of her hand.

"Yes I'm fine. I always hate take off, even though I've flown a hundred times. Well it wasn't as bad as it is in an airplane though."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-23-2003, 03:57 PM
    "Yeah. Hey later tonight you want to get some drinks and just talk?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-23-2003, 03:59 PM
    She nodded her head.

"That would be nice."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-23-2003, 11:55 PM

Agatha was staring unblinkingly out the window as they took off, her stomach tightening into a hard knot. She was gripping the armrests especially tight, her back ramrod straight. She was slightly afraid to say anything for fear that things would escape her mouth other than the expletives she very much wanted to say.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-24-2003, 10:10 AM
    Looks at Aggy and sees her silent conniption fit. In a calm, assured voice JD says...

"Alright Aggy, I need you to pay attention to my voice. Are you listening? Good. I'm gonna ask to to do a few things. And when I ask them, I need you to trust me enough to follow what I'm saying, ok?"
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-24-2003, 08:17 PM
    Agatha is remotely pale. She glances at JD out of the corner of her eye. He's saying something. Oh right... He wants her to pay attention to him. Lovely....
    She nods slowly following it up with, "I'm... perfectly fine..." in a very un-fine voice.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-25-2003, 07:54 AM
    Judging by the tone in her voice, JD determined that she wasn't fine at all...

Here's what I need for you to do for me. I need you to close your eyes. Once you've done that, I'll need you to think of the last place you were happiest at. Once you've got that image in your head, slowly describe to me everything that you see and smell.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-25-2003, 11:14 PM
    Agatha reddens a little.
    "That's a little more familiar than I'd like..." she thinks.
    She shuts her eyes and imagines that she's .... where? home? no... It takes her more time than it ought to find a place she was happy and she finally settles on something.
    "I'm standing on the pavement in front of an exhibit at the park...There's a fence in front of me-- wrought iron. I can see a lagoon and it's rather dirty-- all muddied up. There are trees to the sides of the enclosure and there are several elephants thumping around and generally enjoying themselves. The smell of the place isn't too intriguing-- it smells like dirt and offal and urine and somewhere there is the lingering smell of peanuts. I imagine that they don't clean out the lagoon as often as they ought. At any rate, I am watching the elephants play. I think they're my favorite animal. They have those huge eyes with those inordinately long lashes and they look as if they're wearing clothing that is too large for them... "
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-26-2003, 07:13 AM
    Time passes as he listens to her...

So you like elephants, huh? I always did think they were interesting animals. What country is this memory taking place? Tell me something about it.
    [ 06-26-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-27-2003, 10:40 AM
    God, I need a drink.

The major leaves the cockpit/bridge/whatever, looking for the bar.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 10:43 AM
    Hey Major? Can you get me some apple juice since you're up?
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-27-2003, 10:52 AM
    Fine. Probably better the pilot doesn't get drunk.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 10:58 AM
    Oh no, I only have apple juice when I fly. And when you return, maybe you can tell me a thing or two about dear old dad?
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 06-27-2003, 11:04 AM
    Deal. I was going to wait until Agatha over there wasn't around, but at this point, I'm not even sure she can hear us.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 11:09 AM
    (( ))

Well, between you and me, I've got her thinking of things OTHER than flying right now. She needs to calm down first before she can learn to master her fears.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-27-2003, 12:45 PM
    "Mr. JD?" Pedro says.

"Perhaps yo would like to take Ms. Agatha and go to the lounge with the Major. She might be more comfortable there."

"I can handle the first shift." He assures with a friendly smile.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 12:58 PM
    Hmmmm....well, we have reached the pinnacle of our ascension. I guess I can take time out as long as you feel you can control the plane without me. Thanks for the breather.

Goes over to Ms. Harper

Alright Aggy, time to bring you back to reality. Just let me pry your hands from the chair. There. That whole time I had you thinking about somewhere pleasant, you didn't even notice we were airborne did you? That trick works every time.

Smiles to himself

How about you accompany me over to the lounge where everyone else is. I'll get you whatever drink you like.
    [ 06-27-2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:12 PM
    "What a long day this will be..."

Looking at Jack.

"What is today?"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:13 PM
    "Well, let me think."

He thought for a moment and told her.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 02:15 PM
    The Major is the first one to enter the lounge, soon followed by JD and Ms. Harper

Hey everybody! Hopefully the take-off wasn't too bad.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:15 PM
    Her face went pale. It was two months to the day...

"I see. I need a drink."

Excused herself and got a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass and went off to a table in the corner of the lounge and started to pour the liquid in the glass.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:17 PM
    Watch her walk off.

"What was that about...Something is wrong."

He went into the lounge and saw everyone nodding, he searched for her and saw her at the table in the corner. Walking over to her, he sat down across from her.

"You okay?"

He tried to see her face but couldn't because of the shadows.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:19 PM
    Barely looking up for the glass, she noticed Jack. Trying in vain not to cry.

"Yes...no...I'm not okay...Today...it's been exactly two months to the day that my brother was killed...I know...It's been a while and I should...But"

Taking a drink.

"It hurts as much as it did then..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
    "Oh God...I'm sorry Jordan."

Looking at her drinking.

"If you want to talk about I..I'm here."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:26 PM
    "I..."

Taking a breath.

"I don't see it'll hurt. I can't feel any worse."

Putting the glass aside.

"Two months ago...My brother, Stephen, he dropped Sarah off at my house, she was spending the night. Anyway, we were sitting around talking and laughing. Then he realized it was time for him to go to work, it was getting dark but he worked as a cop so you have to have cops work at night. Anyway he tried his car, but it wouldn't start, it always gave him troubles. But he would never sell the car, it was his wife's, she got sick and died almost a year ago. Anyway, I offered to give him a ride, but he said he didn't want me to drive at night since Chicago isn't a safe place for a woman at night. So I saw him walk off to work...It was the last time I ever saw him alive..."

Trying to keep from crying, she wiped her eyes.

"I took Sarah to my parent's house for dinner and then my brother Brandon came. He was crying, I never once saw him cry in my life. He told us Stephen had been shot in the head trying to break up a gang fight on the way to the station..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:28 PM
    Looking at her face, he put his hand over hers.

"It's okay to cry and be upset. He was your brother and it hasn't been long since he died. It's okay..."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:29 PM
    "No...everyone tells me not to be upset. That I shouldn't be...You know the hard part is I blame myself. If I had gave him the ride to the station he wouldn't have been there when the gangs were fighting. He wouldn't have been shot...Everyone says I should be over it by now..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:35 PM
    "Jordan, he was cop. Doing his job, there was nothing you could have done. And as for everyone saying you "get over it", they don't know jack or sh**. Listen I been told the same thing for the last year and half. See my father died and it is hard to get over it. He was at my office for a checkup, he was healthy as a horse. We were talking and then I watched him walk outside. Some idiot with their car ran through the intersection and hit him. He was in coma for a while and then died...I blamed myself because it happened right in front of my office. Jordan, you can't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault anymore than it was mine. You didn't kill him, it was fate he died and nothing you could do would have changed that."

Sighing.

"It's okay to be hurt and sad. I still get sad when it's been so many months to the day my father was hit. You never can get over a death of a person close to you fast, you aren't supposed too. The everyone who says it, they don't know anything."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:36 PM
    "...Then what am I supposed to do. Every time I think about it...it hurts. How..."

She didn't know what she even asking.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:38 PM
    "I..What helped me was to remember all the good times I had with him. The good memories out weighed that one bad one. Jordan as long as you remember your brother, he can't be really gone. He still in your memories and heart..."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:39 PM
    She looked at him and thought for a long time.

"Maybe...Thanks Jack."

She gave him a small smile.

"Thanks for listening. So are you a psychologist?"
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:40 PM
    "No...I'm actually a real doctor. I just know what you are going through. I do, I just hoped I helped you a little."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:42 PM
    "You did thanks."

Looking at the bottle of whiskey.

"And to think I was going to get myself drunk...."

Looking at Jack.

"Thank you for listening."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:44 PM
    "No problem. Oh yeah getting drunk doesn't help once you get the hangover."

He looked across the table into her eyes. He wished he could take all her pain away. He also wished he could kiss her. Hearing the other people in the lounge he knew he couldn't.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:47 PM
    "Yeah I hate that part."

She looked at him, she was pretty sure he wanted to kiss her. Remembering the other people, she decided to get her mind on other matters.

"Not too much longer before we are in South America."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 02:47 PM
    Sneaks up behind them...

Hey you two! What are doing? Hey, whiskey! Boy, I sure wish I was on the ground so I could have some.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 02:49 PM
    "Yeah..."

Looks over and sees JD.

"Hello. I see you didn't kill us on take off that was good."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 02:49 PM
    "Hi. We are just talking. You want to seat down with us JD?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 02:53 PM
    Sure. I'll sit with y'all.

Takes a sip of the apple juice he ordered

This blimp is nicer than the last one I was on, and that one was no slouch. So how're you guys doing?
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 03:07 PM
    Moves over to give JD some room to sit.

"I'm good. We were just talking about how life sucks sometimes."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
    "I've never been a blimp before. I actually like this better than being on a plane."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 03:13 PM
    Yeah this blimp is nice, J. And Doc, tell me about it. In the cockpit, I was trying to get Aggy to calm down, so I had her think of the last place where she was the happiest. Well, it got me thinking about this one time at Band Camp, I was supposed to have a solo. My dad wasn't there but this girl I liked was. I played my heart out for her. She looked at me with these lovely eyes. Later after the show, I was going to tell her how I felt about her. Turns out, I found her kissing the bass player behind the curtains. Life sure can suck.

Asks for another shot of apple juice
    [ 06-27-2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Millenium ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-27-2003, 03:18 PM
    She smiled at JD.

"Well life sucks for many different reasons."

She felt better than she did before.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-27-2003, 03:19 PM
    Takes the bottle and poured the whiskey into two shot glasses and hands one to Jordan.

"I'd offer you a drink, but I think we all want our pilot sober on this trip. So what is that Pedro guy like?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 03:23 PM
    Sips his cider

That's why I've got this here juice. No one dies as long as I'm sober. I can be quite a mess when I'm drunk. And Pedro? He seems alright. He'll never be the pilot that I am, but he does show promise.
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-27-2003, 11:04 PM
    Agatha finally reaches the short trip to the loo. She sits down, tiredly.
    "I usually make it a point not to drink this early in the morning, but I think I will make an exception today..."
    She orders a sherry and takes the bottle. After a little thought, and a good drink, she remembers that JD asked her a question.
    "The elephants were in England... I remember because they had peanuts there and at the zoo in Poland they have mostly potatoes... They didn't really have any Elephants at that zoo in Germany..." she says, reminiscing. She takes another drink, beginning to feel a little better. "Actually, that may very well have been a farm... I can't quite remember... I haven't been to Germany in several years..." Agatha finishes off her glass and pours herself some more.
    She looks around the lounge with a little curiosity.

"Here now... Where did Julian get off to?" she asks.
    "Our party would be complete if he were in here, isn't that right, Mr. Tyme?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 11:09 PM
    "Yeah, where is Jules? I haven't seen him in a while. So Aggy, how do you feel? Flying isn't so bad, now is it?"
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-27-2003, 11:19 PM
    "I feel much better, thank you. I don't know if going to the cockpit helped any but it was nice to be able to see out the window -- I do think the take-off makes me feel a bit peek'ed. " Agatha finishes off her second glass of sherry and pours herself another.
    "We should have a toast!" she says, suddenly. "A toast to ... new adventures and ... new beginnings... and ... first flights and all sorts of rubbish like that... Here now, JD. What would you toast?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 11:24 PM
    Hmmm....

I would propose a toast to new friends, the oodles of money to be made, high adventure, and the hope that the injuries from the insane things that I plan on doing on this trip doesn't overtax Doc here too much. Here here!!
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-27-2003, 11:29 PM
    Agatha laughs.
    "You don't have too many insane things planned for us all I hope. That's a very good toast. I second it and I also toast Mr. Flint-- for not being here." She clinks her third glass of sherry into JD's cider with a hearty, "Kanpai!" She drinks the remainder of the sherry and refills her glass again.
    "I dare say I'm going to run out of sherry... That's all right. When I'm out, I think I'll just go to my quarters and go to bed."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-27-2003, 11:34 PM
    "Oh, I always keep a short but distinguished list of insanity in the case someone wishes to join me in my lunacy. Like skydiving. The sheer joy of free falling brings quite the rush. And I tell you what....I wish I wasn't flying this plane because it's hard to find a drinking buddy and it looks like you can hold your own there, Aggy."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-27-2003, 11:41 PM
    Agatha looks at him a little somberly.
    "Drinking doesn't hold quite the stigma in England that it does in America. Still, I'm not what you would call a social drinker. You learn to drink by yourself when your only friends are books and horrible fellow school teachers. I dare say you're giving more credit for being sober than I deserve... Either that or I'm hiding my insobriety well enough. If I stood up right now I'd probably pass out. As long as I'm sitting I should be fine."
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 06-28-2003, 12:17 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by manekochan:
    Agatha finally reaches the short trip to the loo. She sits down, tiredly.
    "I usually make it a point not to drink this early in the morning, but I think I will make an exception today..."
    She orders a sherry and takes the bottle. After a little thought, and a good drink, she remembers that JD asked her a question.

(ooc: All this while still on the toilet? Now, that is what I call service!
    And don't worry, all, I am still here and my character is still asleep. Your concern as to my whereabouts is most touching.)

Julian will be along...eventually.
    [ 06-28-2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: BinkysRevolution ]
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-28-2003, 08:22 PM
    As the blimp continues towards the unknown, the sun begins to set. But to the group enjoying themselves inside, the passage of time was not noticed.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 06-30-2003, 03:27 PM
    Losing track of time, Jordan was enjoying the company and learning more about everyone. It was better than be alone.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 06-30-2003, 03:29 PM
    Jack enjoyed the talking, it made the time go faster. Soon they be on their adventure.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 06-30-2003, 03:39 PM
    JD enjoyed everyone's company as they drank the night away. Every now again, he looked around to see if he could see Jules. With no luck.

"Hey everybody. I still don't know where Jules is. I'm going to go walk around the blimp and see if I can find him."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 06-30-2003, 07:02 PM
    "Captiol idea, JD... I think...." she says as she stands, "I'll join you."
    This is followed quickly by an, "Or not..." as Agatha blood/alcohol level catches up to her. She leans against the wall, regaining balance. "I think it's best if I go to bed... Goodnight, all..." Agatha says as she walks, both hands on the wall and heads for her cabin making an amusing spectacle of herself.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM
    As the day faded to night, Pedro continued to fly the blimp. Humming to himself to fight the boredom.

"Hmmm, hm, hm, hmm, mmm, mhmmm..."
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-01-2003, 03:10 AM
    Julian looked up at the towering pyramid before him. It shined as a diamond deep within the jungles of South America and larger than the greatest of the Giza Pyramids of Egypt. The polished limestone that gave it its overwhelming sheen should have been dulled by twelve thousand years of weathering but it was still as bright as it had ever been. Even the jungle itself had feared to touch it, for not a single plant or animal came within fifty feet of the spectacle.
    He stepped purposefully through the entrance large enough for a Titan to have used with plenty of room to spare. He did not so much as glance at the intricate carvings of winged snakes on the walls that would have taken an archaeologist more than several lifetimes to decipher. Nor did he falter when the passage forked and forked again. He knew where to go, what stones not to step on, what secret passages to take. He could have navigated the maze in total darkness had it been necessary. As it was, the walls themselves seemed to emit a soft, cold light that did not require the use of any man made light source.
    Minutes gave way to hours, and Julian had still not completed the labyrinth. He continued in that same unfaltering step. Left. Right. Left again. He did not grow tired and he did not waver from his course and, eventually, he reached his goal. There, in the center of a chamber that was deceptively large (too large to still be within the pyramid's ancient walls), was the center of his efforts. The sarcophagus. He felt Belial call out to him. To set things right. To set things as they once were and soon would be again. Julian responded without hesitation and moved toward the ornate tomb. He took the green gem out of his pocket and placed it in its slot on the largest carving on the tomb's stone cover.
    And then Julian fell, for all eternity.

Had anyone been watching Julian while he slept, one would have thought he was dead for he had long since stopped moving. He did not wake up until the middle of that night when everyone else had long since fallen asleep.

[ 07-01-2003, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: BinkysRevolution ]
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-01-2003, 07:24 PM
    Agatha finds her way to the first door in the wall and goes through it. Finding the room empty except for two trunks and two beds, she flops down on the left bed, and covers her head with the corner of her blanket. She falls asleep quickly, the alcohol and sleep deprivation making her an easy target for the sandman.
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-01-2003, 09:02 PM
    (ooc: I like the way you write, Manekochan. See, my writing's still rather...rough.)

Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-01-2003, 10:02 PM
    ((ooc-- kaaaaa! hazukashi! Thanks. ^-^ I love pretending to be English and or learn'ed. ^-^ heh heh heh... Don't put yourself down, though. Your dream sequence was really well done! ))
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-02-2003, 01:35 AM
    (ooc: You're welcome. I like pretending to be English, too. Mind you, I am English, so I tend to have a knack for it.
    I'm glad you liked the dream sequence. I suppose I should do a proper post right about now, but I'm waiting for Optimus and Sojourn to finish up the flirty-flirty conversation they had going. I wouldn't want to cut them out of adding more to that by posting too far ahead.)

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-02-2003, 07:14 AM
    JD walks throughout the ship to check it out some more. He gave up looking for Jules when he couldn't find him.

"Hmmph. He must be sleeping."

The blimp was always one of JD's favorite means of flight. He started to head back to the gondola so he could check on Pedro and see how the flight was progressing. On the way there, a door marked "Parachutes" caught JD's eye. He opened the door and saw that there were enough chutes for everyone on the plane. A mischievious smile came across his face at the thought of doing some skydiving. But that smile quickly turned to a frown when he realized that he wouldn't get the opportunity this time around. He closed the door, and proceeded to the cockpit.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 07-02-2003, 10:19 AM
    Seeing others leaving, and perhaps having had too much to drink (though he still was in better shape than the night before) the major heads to his quarters and lies on the bed, staring at the ceiling.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-02-2003, 01:37 PM
    She didn't have as much to drink as she thought she would...Yawning and looking at her watch at the time.

"Wow it is getting late. It's time for me to go to bed."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-02-2003, 01:40 PM
    Jack yawned too.

"I'm off to bed too. I'll walk you to your room."

They walked to the living quarters and stopping in front of the room she be sharing with Agatha.

"Well here we are. I...Good night Jordan."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM
    "Yeah. Good night. See you in the morning."

She had her hand on the doorknob and was about to go in, then she turned.

"Thanks for listening."

She leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"Night."

Jordan turned and went inside. She closed the door and saw Agatha sleeping. Careful not to wake her, Jordan changed into a sleep shirt and shorts and went into the other bed and fell asleep.
    [ 07-02-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: sojourn_fan ]
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-02-2003, 01:50 PM
    He was shocked she kissed his cheek. Before he could react she went inside.

"Night..."

He put his hand on his cheek and shook his head, he knew he had a silly grin on his face. He went to his room he was sharing with Julian and went inside. Julian looked like he was dead to the world. Deciding to sleep too, Jack stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed went to sleep, trying not to think of her kissing him.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-04-2003, 11:50 AM
    After everyone had retired for the night a strangeness came over the airship. It was a Feeling more then a thing. A Feeling that invaded every part of the ship looking for something. One by one it reached the sleeping passengers, infecting their dreams. It preyed on fear and weakness. The Feeling used the blocks of sadness, anger, dread, and pity to construct a unique nightmare for each of the sleeping crew. A nightmare they could not wake up from...
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-04-2003, 01:06 PM
    The Dreams

Doctor Smith stood in a completely white room filled with hospital beds as far as he could see. Each bed had a person in it that needed help. Some beds had people who were sick, others had people who were mutilated, missing arms or legs, delirious, vomiting. All of them needed his help. The people pleaded and moaned in agony. But it was impossible to help them all. Then they began to get off the beds. They were angry with him. A circle of human disease, infection, blood, and mutilation surrounded him. They began to grab at him from every direction. Pulling him down...

Major Willis ran. He ran for his life. His platoon was dead. He had ordered them to take a hill. Each of them would have gotten medals if they were successful. Instead, they were killed one by one. Only the Major survived. And now he ran. He needed a safe place. A place to hide so they wouldn't kill him. But there was nowhere to hide. And no matter how fast he ran, he couldn't get away. Exhausted he had to stop. As they approached him, he opened fire. But it did no good. His platoon was already dead, and now they wanted revenge. Nothing would stop them. So he ran, and prayed for a salvation that wouldn't come.

As Agatha walked into school, she knew something was wrong. People were staring at her and whispering to each other. She tried to ignore it, but it was impossible. Everyone was doing it. What was wrong she wondered. She had taught here for five years and this had never happened before. "Maybe something was going to happen!" she thought. "What if I am going to get fired!" Now the people were beginning to snicker and laugh at her. She couldn't take it anymore, and began to walk faster. But the whispers and laughing continued. As she reached her classroom door, a wave of safety fell over her. She opened the door and said good morning to the class as she entered. The class was completely silent. All of the children just starred at her. Then it began. First one child started to laugh, then another. Soon the whole class was laughing hysterically and pointing at Agatha. Thats when she realized what was wrong. She was naked.

Jordan smiled as she watched her niece play on the swings. Sarah was so carefree, and that made Jordan happy. She wanted Sarah to have the best life she could. As Jordan sat in contemplation, dark clouds began to fill the sky. The wind began to blow, and icy cold raindrops began to sprinkle. Jordan looked at the ominous sky and decided they should get back home. She stood up and called for Sarah, but there was no answer. Jordan looked at the swing, and Sarah was gone. As the wind began to get stronger Jordan searched frantically for her niece. The rain felt like ice when it touched her skin, and the wind was blowing so hard that her voice was thrown back at her. Lightning and thunder joined the frey, making the search that much more impossible. As Jordan continued her desperate search, her heart began to tell her what she didn't want to accept. Her niece was gone forever.

As JD entered his house, he knew he was late. His Father had expected him an hour ago. He didn't know what the punishment would be, but he would bet it was worth it. He had just been making out with Carol Johnson, and the silly grin was still on his face. Walking into the main room, JD was surprised to see no one waiting for him. Then he heard a noise coming from the kitchen. Entering the kitchen, he saw his father on the floor. JD rushed to his side. Seeing JD his father's eyes grew sad. Then the light faded from his eyes, and his father was dead. JD knew his father had a heart condition, but never expected this. If only he had been home, maybe he could have helped. If only he would have listened to his father. If only he were a better son. If only...

(OOC: These dreams are only dreams. They are nightmares to shake up your characters mental status. Some of these experiences could have basis in your character's lives, but that is up to each of you. Have fun. )
    [ 07-04-2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Danial ]
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-04-2003, 01:14 PM
    As the morning sun rose, it vanquished the horrible night. The Feeling was sent back to where it came, and the crew was allowed to awaken.

The blimp itself was moving faster now. Over the night it had caught a trade wind speeding up it's voyage. It was no longer in America. Water now surrounded the blimp for miles around.

In the control room, Pedro was fighting off drowsiness. He had been awake all night, and it was beginning to catch up to him. But he was still in good spirits, humming along.

"Hmmm, mmm, mmh, mmhmmm, hmhmmm..."
    [ 07-04-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Danial ]
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-04-2003, 03:06 PM
    Julian had awakened with a start that morning, but he still had no idea of whatever dream might have awakened him thus. His stomach had reminded him that he had not eaten since the previous afternoon so, dressing quietly so as not to disturb the doctor in the bunk across from him, he had headed for the kitchen. Now sitting at the table eating a fried breakfast of bread, tomatoes, bacon, and eggs, he listened to the hum of the engines and stared out the glass portal to his left. He happened to notice the ancient medallion still on the counter as he took his plates back to the kitchen. Agatha must have left it there last night, he thought. He thought then about her hair and her exquisite, if somewhat plain features, before jerking himself out of his reverie and heading to the cockpit to check up on Pedro.
    He didn't notice that the medallion had disappeared from the counter on his way out.

[ 07-04-2003, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: BinkysRevolution ]
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-04-2003, 06:17 PM
    Agatha awoke from her dreams with a start. She flushed a bit. It wasn't the first time she'd had a dream in which she was naked. She sighed and laid herself back down against the pillow. She stared at the ceiling for a while, the blackness of the room seeming thick and horrible. She kicked at the covers, wondering why her feet felt so constricted. She looked down toward the end of the bed and saw that she was still wearing her boots.
    "Ah..." she said with a quiet nod. Agatha reached down, unlaced her boots and kicked them off. They landed with a thud and Agatha flopped against her pillow once again drifting quickly back to sleep.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-04-2003, 07:48 PM
    (OOC: Happy Fourth of July Adventurers. Be safe and have fun. )
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 07-04-2003, 09:56 PM
    The major woke with a start- he had been lying in his room with the intention of speaking to JD, but he had drifted into sleep.

The nightmare terrified Major Willis. He was not a born leader. He had always known as much. But, surely enough, someone forced leadership upon him. And he screwed up. He was alive, his men had died. It didn't seem fair. It meant that the burden of leadership stayed upon him.

The major had always secretly hoped for acceptance, and he had always been rejected. He went through the first 16 years of his life doing exactly what he was told. And he was loathed by everyone for it. In the army, he did as he was told- he was promoted for it. He was disliked by officers of equal and lesser rank because of his age, and those of higher rank couldn't stand him because he did exactly as he was told.

But that's not me anymore. The major thought to himself with a chuckle.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-04-2003, 10:08 PM
    "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!"

...was what JD screamed out loud as he woke from the nightmare. Slightly hysterical and drenched in his own sweat, JD sprang out of bed and landed hard on the floor, face first that is. The immeasurable pain that he felt most assuredly snapped him back to reality. Feeling deliciously low, he secretly wished for a hangover instead of the infernal throbbing in his head. After laying there for a few minutes to savor his humility, he gathers himself together and puts some clothes on.

"Flying", he thought to himself, "always makes me feel better. I should go and relieve Raoul. Or is his name Chico? Pedro? Yes, that's his name, PEDRO. I shall go forward and relieve him. I'm sure that he is tired."

And with that, he goes to the cockpit, kindly greets Pedro and allows him to end his shift so he can get some shut eye. Once Pedro has left, JD places his hands on the controls, and says...

"Let's see what you are REALLY made of, shall we?"

Now that he is behind the helm of the ship, he soon forgets the nightmare that plagued him. He is at peace, in the wild blue yonder.
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 07-04-2003, 10:23 PM
    The major appears in the cockpit behind JD, taking him by surprise.

Did you sleep well?

Sorry, but you were tossing and turning when I left you to go exercise.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-04-2003, 10:36 PM
    Completely startled by the Major, JD searched for an eloquent response, but came up with this instead...

"OH %$#@! Never do that to a pilot when he's flying."

Tries to compose himself

"Yeah, I didn't sleep so well. Stupid nightmares. Bet a soldier like yourself don't have any nightmares, huh?"
    Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 07-04-2003, 11:19 PM
    If I thought I was putting anyone in danger, I would've have done it, but you're piloting a blimp. Just try not to steer it into any other blimps and keep it out of the water, ok?

And yeah, I didn't sleep well either. Probably as a response to your screaming.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-04-2003, 11:23 PM
    "Oh, sorry about that. My nightmare kind of hit a little too close to home, if you get my drift. But enough about that. You made mention that you knew my dad in the service. Mind telling me about that? He never really let me in on what he did during that time in his life."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-05-2003, 02:32 PM
    quote:
    The Dreams
    Jordan smiled as she watched her niece play on the swings. Sarah was so carefree, and that made Jordan happy. She wanted Sarah to have the best life she could. As Jordan sat in contemplation, dark clouds began to fill the sky. The wind began to blow, and icy cold raindrops began to sprinkle. Jordan looked at the ominous sky and decided they should get back home. She stood up and called for Sarah, but there was no answer. Jordan looked at the swing, and Sarah was gone. As the wind began to get stronger Jordan searched frantically for her niece. The rain felt like ice when it touched her skin, and the wind was blowing so hard that her voice was thrown back at her. Lightning and thunder joined the frey, making the search that much more impossible. As Jordan continued her desperate search, her heart began to tell her what she didn't want to accept. Her niece was gone forever.

Tossing and turning because of the horrible dream. Jordan woke with a start...

"Sarah!"

Looking around and sweating she realized she was on the blimp and Sarah being gone was just a bad dream...Flipping back the covers she quickly got dressed and tried not to think about the dream. Nothing bad would happen to Sarah....she wouldn't be gone. Once this job was over she make a point to spend a whole day with just her. Looking at her watch she decided she should go get something to eat. She headed to the lounge to get a little breakfast and something to drink. After getting eggs, toast, and orange juice, she sat down at a table and started to eat. Muttering to herself.

"It was just a bad dream...Sarah won't go away, not forever...Not ever..."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-05-2003, 02:37 PM
    quote:
    The Dreams

Doctor Smith stood in a completely white room filled with hospital beds as far as he could see. Each bed had a person in it that needed help. Some beds had people who were sick, others had people who were mutilated, missing arms or legs, delirious, vomiting. All of them needed his help. The people pleaded and moaned in agony. But it was impossible to help them all. Then they began to get off the beds. They were angry with him. A circle of human disease, infection, blood, and mutilation surrounded him. They began to grab at him from every direction. Pulling him down...

He had started to have a good dream, but then it went bad. One moment he was with Jordan, the next in the white room. Jack tossed and turned as all the people who needed his help went after him.

"Get off me!"

Bolting straight up in bed, he realized he was in his room and in bed.

"Just a stupid dream...."

He thought of all those people in pain all wanting his help, he couldn't help them all and then they tried to take him down. Pull him down...He was a doctor and wanted to help people, everyone he could. The thought of all the pain and suffering....He hated seeing that, that was what he hated about his job. Getting up and dressed he went to the lounge for coffee. He saw Jordan at a table and joined her. She looked like her night went bad too.

"Didn't sleep good?"
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-05-2003, 02:38 PM
    Looking up.

"No...just a bad dream. You like you didn't have a good one either."

Jack looked as bad as she felt.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-05-2003, 02:40 PM
    "Yeah I had one too."

He took a drink of his coffee.

"Well bad dreams happen. Besides they aren't real. We are getting closer to our destination, so we are probably just nervous and worried. you have bad dreams when you get like that."

He hoped that was it was. The thought off all that suffering taking him down with it....He didn't like that. He took another drink of his coffee.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-05-2003, 02:42 PM
    "Yeah that was probably all it was."

She nodded and hoped he was right. The thought of losing Sarah...She lost her brother, she didn't want to lose his daughter too. "It's just a bad dream." She loved Sarah like she was her own daughter, she didn't want to think about losing her. She started to eat her food and she and Jack talked about anything but their dreams. Although it was still in the back of her mind.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-05-2003, 02:43 PM
    They talked about things as they ate. Jack couldn't help but think about his dream. He tried to block it out of his mind, but in the back it was still there. Haunting him.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-07-2003, 12:03 PM
    The Major seemed to want to keep quiet every time JD asked him a question regarding his father's time in the service. What was it that the Major didn't want to say? He remembers asking his father many times about what happened when he was away. All he got in return were stern looks and disinterested responses designed to avoid the topic. What was dad hiding, he wondered. What really DID happen so long ago? It frustrated him.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-07-2003, 05:48 PM
    (OOC: Manekochan is out of town for a couple of days, so just consider her character sleeping off a hangover. )
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-09-2003, 06:22 PM
    ((ooc-- Manekochan has returned. (Danial says, "yay...." ) ))
    As night gives way to day, Agatha awakes from her current dream (this one about tea, the song "Minnie the Moocher", and a white german shepherd named Yukito-yama...), looks around the room absently and realizes that she's been sleeping with her glasses on. She takes them off and tosses them toward the end of the bed, narrowly missing the edge. She gets up, groggily, plods toward the door and trudges out into the hallway in her stocking feet. She crosses the hall and enters the lavitory where she stays for a few minutes. She re-emerges from the loo and, without even glancing down the hallway, heads back to her room where she flops down on her bed yet again and drifts off into blissful slumber.
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-10-2003, 01:49 AM
    (ooc: Finally! A main character that actually goes to the loo once in a while!
    Welcome back, BTW!)

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-10-2003, 08:28 AM
    ((ooc: My character would go to the bathroom except for the fact that he's camera shy. ))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-10-2003, 12:43 PM
    (( I would but I don't think they people need to see everything. ))
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-10-2003, 12:44 PM
    (( ))
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-10-2003, 05:39 PM
    (OOC: Did I put a bathroom on the ship?? )
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-10-2003, 06:55 PM
    (ooc: It's probably a toilet that lets out into the open air. Gee, I hope they're not flying over any villages or towns...BOMBS AWAY!!!)

Posted by themachine (Member #1203) on 07-10-2003, 09:22 PM
    (Let's not overdo the toilet humor, people )
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-10-2003, 11:00 PM
    (ooc: Aww...You're no fun.
    So, ah...Does anyone have anything to add to the story?)

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-11-2003, 11:59 AM
    It's been a long day behind the controls with no one to talk to. JD never did like boredom. So he starts whistling a lively tune to himself.

" "
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 12:59 PM
    The day drags on and on.

Eventually JD's boredom loses the battle as the coast of South America appears in the distance. Within a couple of hours, the group will be in Macapa.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 01:06 PM
    Pedro walks into the lounge to find the rest of the group biding their time

Fixing some food, he then searches for a place to sit. He chooses a seat next to the Doctor and Jordan.

"Hello my friends. How are you today?" He says with a big smile

"It is getting exciting now. We are almost to the city. I have not been back to Brazil in fifteen years. I miss it a lot, but I wouldn't trade in my job for Mr. Waring for anything."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-11-2003, 01:16 PM
    Sees the coast of South America off in the distance

It's about time!
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-11-2003, 01:28 PM
    Sees Pedro.

"Hello. Oh good we are almost there, I was wondering if we ever get there."

"I'm good. This will be the first time I've been to South America."
    [ 07-11-2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: sojourn_fan ]
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 01:30 PM
    "I'm good."

He was happy they were almost there.

"So what is it like to work for Mr. Waring?"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 02:06 PM
    "Mr. Waring is a wonderful man!"

"I came to America fifteen years ago. I was looking for a better life for my family. I did not have a lot of money, so I had to leave them in Brazil until I could pay for them to come over. It seemed like I would never raise enough money, and I missed them so much."

"But one day I met Mr. Waring. It was the best day of my life. After hearing my story, he wanted to help. He sent me to a flying school and hired me as a pilot. He also paid to bring my family to America. He is a wonderfully generous man."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
    He nodded at Pedro as he talked about Mr. Waring.

"I see. Well he is offering a lot of money to each of us for this trip. So he must be very rich."
    [ 07-11-2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Optimus_Prime ]
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-11-2003, 02:11 PM
    She listened too.

"Well he does sound generous. I wonder how he got to be so rich..."
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 02:14 PM
    "Yes, Mr. Waring has a lot of money. But he doesn't care about it."

"He said to me once, 'All the money in the world does not matter, if we can not save our humanity.'

"He is always using his money to help people."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 02:17 PM
    "Hmm...interesting guy."

Taking a sip of his drink.
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 02:20 PM
    "If it was not for Mr. Waring, I do not know what would have happened to my wife and children."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-11-2003, 02:21 PM
    She nodded.

"That was...nice of him. He helped you locate your family?"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 02:33 PM
    "Yes, he made some contacts with the Brazilian government and they were here within a week. I am in debted to Mr. Waring for more then I can ever pay back."

"That is why I am here on this dangerous mission."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 02:35 PM
    "Wow. So I take it if he helps you, you are in his debt then for a long time?"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-11-2003, 02:42 PM
    Pedro lets out a loud chuckle

"No no, it is actually the opposite. Mr. Waring tells me that I owe him nothing. That he was just helping out someone in need."

"But I could not live with myself for not trying to repay the man who has helped me so much."
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 02:47 PM
    "I see. Well my father always said that it is good to repay your debts."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-11-2003, 03:38 PM
    ((themachine and manekochan have PM's))
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-11-2003, 03:40 PM
    It is late in the day before Agatha wakes up. She sits up in bed and stretches, languidly.
    "What a lovely nap," she says to herself brightly. She gets up and goes to the window, looking out.
    "Good grief... " she says through perused lips. The sky is bright and she can see land in the distance. "How long was I asleep?..." she wonders.
    With a deep sigh she leaves the window and retrieves her boots. She can't find her glasses for the moment and with a harsh look at her surroundings she decides to look for them later.
    Agatha enters the hallway and finds her way to to the lounge. Seeing so many people assembled there, she gives a bright and cheerful wave and takes a seat.

"Good Morning, everyone," she chimes happily. "Has breakfast already been served? Or is it, per-chance, tea-time? ..." she asks hopefully.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-11-2003, 03:46 PM
    ((ooc-- stupid double post.... wrrrr.....))
    [ 07-11-2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: manekochan ]
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-11-2003, 03:53 PM
    ((PM'd ya back manekochan))
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-11-2003, 04:04 PM
    "Hello Agatha. Did you sleep well?"

Seeing that she finally woke up.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-11-2003, 04:06 PM
    Hello. If you want food or some tea just go over to the lounge and get it. We weren't actually served food.

He gave her a smile.
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-12-2003, 05:47 PM
    "Morning, all," Julian said as he sauntered into the lounge. "My, Agatha. You are looking very lovely this morning."

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 09:58 AM
    Starts whistling "Yankee Doodle Dandy"

" "

Pauses midway into the song and says

"My God, I'm bored!"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-14-2003, 12:24 PM
    "If you'll please excuse me my friends. I am going to see if JD would like relief." Pedro said as he stood up and left the lounge.

"Greetings JD, how was your night? Would you like me to take over?"
    [ 07-14-2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Danial ]
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 12:32 PM
    "Yeah man. I really need a break. Thanks a lot. If you don't mind, I'm going to go get me something to eat, then I'll be off to bed."

JD gets up and starts to walk out, but stops and asks...

"Can I bring you anything, or did you already eat?"
    Posted by Danial (Member #3175) on 07-14-2003, 12:36 PM
    "I have already taken care of that my friend, but thank you for asking. I hope you have nice dreams." Pedro says with a smile as he takes the controls.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 12:40 PM
    Strolls in and groggily waves to everyone before slumps down at the table and starts eating

"Hey everybody. How is everyone holding up?"
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
    Jack said hello to Julian and looked at JD.

quote:
    Originally posted by Millenium:
    Strolls in and groggily waves to everyone before slumps down at the table and starts eating

"Hey everybody. How is everyone holding up?"

"Hey, you look like you need to sleep for ten days straight."
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-14-2003, 02:01 PM
    Saying hello to both men.

"Yes you look very tired JD, long night of flying?"
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 02:03 PM
    Squints his eyes to focus on Doc and J

Well, I guess that confirms it. I must truly look as bad as I feel. It was a VERY long night. Can you please pass the pastry dish?
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-14-2003, 02:23 PM
    Passes him the dish and looking at him.

"Yes you look very bad. Have problems sleeping?"
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-14-2003, 02:24 PM
    Looking at him.

"After you eat you should take a long nap. Since we are almost there, we can't have to fall asleep standing up now."
    Posted by Millenium (Member #172 on 07-14-2003, 02:33 PM
    Takes the pastry dish and starts eating up everything in sight. If that wasn't enough, he starts to talk with his mouth full...

Flying long hours...(munch)..is brutal! But..(munch)...it has to be done. At least we're almost there....

And with that said, JD commences to pass out and go to sleep on the table. Facefirst in the pastry dish.
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-14-2003, 03:20 PM
    Tries to keep a straight face when JD passed out.

He lasted 5 seconds longer than I thought.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-14-2003, 03:22 PM
    She covered her mouth to keep from laughing.

Well he was tired...
    [ 07-14-2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: sojourn_fan ]
    Posted by BinkysRevolution (Member #1522) on 07-14-2003, 03:28 PM
    "Perhaps we should drag him to bed, Doctor?" Julian quizzed.

Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 03:30 PM
    "ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz "
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-14-2003, 03:33 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by BinkysRevolution:
    "Perhaps we should drag him to bed, Doctor?" Julian quizzed.

Looking at him.

"Yes we wouldn't want him to die of lack of air because of the pastries. If you would help me, he is dead to the world and probably weighs as much too."

Goes to one side of JD and puts his arm around his shoulder.
    Posted by Millenium (Member #1728 ) on 07-14-2003, 03:38 PM
    Starts sleep talking again

ZZZZzzzzz......Mary had a little lamb...Zzzz...quack quack............
    Posted by Optimus_Prime (Member #2560) on 07-14-2003, 03:54 PM
    Rolls eyes at the sleep talking a slowing helps the very heavy man to his room. Pushing him on to the bed, Jack left and rubbed his shoulder. Coming back to the table.

"That man is all dead weight."

Takes a sip of coffee.
    Posted by sojourn_fan (Member #2164) on 07-14-2003, 03:55 PM
    "He looked like it. At least we won't have to explain that he died because he fell asleep in the pastries."
    Posted by manekochan (Member #3216) on 07-14-2003, 10:00 PM
    Agatha looked at JD with a wry look on her face. She moves to grab some biscuits and starts to crunch them greedily
    "These are lovely..." she says as she eats them. "So, um... I take it everyone had a nice night? Everyone looks very awake... I know I'm feeling quite lively.... You know... Completely rested and all... I think I'm back to my old self." She smiles as she grabs some more biscuits and adds a bit of cheese to them. "We all got fairly pissed last night, didn't we?" she says with an even greater smile. She turns toward Julian. "Save for you, that is, Julian. You seemed to be a mite smarter than the rest of us-- knocking off early and catching up on your rest. "
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast