Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    A Secluded Mountaintop

    A Secluded Mountaintop

    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 06:12 PM
    A cold wind blows near the top of the mountain. The only thing in sight is lots of white snow, and a cave, burrowed into the side. It has long since been abandoned. The quietness of the mountaintop, the tranquility, is breathtaking. After a minute, this is broken with a bending of reality. The god known as KLitke appears, collapsing to the ground just outside the cave. He pulls himself to his feet, and stumbles into the cave. It's rather small, perhaps 12 feet high, and only 20 feet across. It stops in a dead end after only a moment of walking. He collapses again, leaning against the back wall. He will not be a burden. He has been useless in this fight against Negator, worse than useless, perhaps. It seems nobody cares any longer for him, except his sister, Facade. He takes a few deep breaths, wincing in pain as he does. He remains in his seated position, remains leaning against the wall of the cave. Here he is as he has always been.

    Alone.

    Soon, he thought to himself. He'd call for his sister soon. At this point, he was unsure as to whether the universe still had a place for him, but he would speak with her before anything happened.

    Failure.

    The pain of failure still existed in him. Not the wounds he had taken from the forced teleportation that had so taken him by surprise. No, he had failed to help the orphanage, and now, he was too weak to do anything. He had barely made it here, teleporting back to the Orphanage with Negator there wreaking havoc wouldn't help anything. He'd be far worse than useless there, as he'd only get in the way. He could only hope someone would stop Negator, and soon.

    Family......

    His mother and father barely remembered his existence anymore. Only Facade did, and she had far too much on her mind now. They would have helped him, he was sure. But at what price? There wasn't time right now, no time for them to heal him. He would not be a burden. He would NOT!

    He bowed his head, and reached out, using a form of telepathy he very rarely used, something that only seemed to work those who shared his blood.

    >>Sister...Facade...if you can hear me, when you are ready, when you have the time...come...<<

    She will be able to find him now. Done for the time being, KLitke leaned back, wrapping his arms around his legs, and stared forward.
    Posted by Booster (Member #1067) on 10-03-2002, 07:15 PM
    *boom tube opens and Booster steps out*

    Sorry son, will your father do?

    *turning to his son's battered body, a low whistle escapes his lips at the extent of the damage caused by Negator*

    I just got back to the cottage and checked out recent events. When I saw your injuries, I have to come find you. Picking up your call to your sister was a bonus...

    *carefully, he raises KLitke to a sitting position. Taking a firm grip on his son's shoulder, he closes his eyes and begins forcing his own power into KLitke's limp and battered body. The sudden influx of power should jump start KLitke's and set the healing into high gear.

    It should....
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 07:31 PM
    KLitke looks up as his father appears. He opens his mouth to speak, but stops and winces instead. He winces a second time as Booster's hand touches his shoulder. He feels Booster forcing his own power into him, and his wounds begin healing much faster. After a moment, he speaks.

    Father......I...the orphanage...Negator...I failed them.

    He pauses another moment.

    Thank you for coming, father...I appreciate it more than you know...but you shouldn't have come...you'll need all the strength you can muster to stop Negator.
    Posted by Booster (Member #1067) on 10-03-2002, 07:58 PM
    Bollocks.

    Family first and always, KLitke. You should know that.

    *sways a little as the power drain continues*

    As for the Orphanage, you tried your best. You cannot be blamed for it's destruction, if that is what has occurred. You promised to protect it's occupants rather than the building itself.

    *his voice starts slowing and slurring a little*

    You bought enough time for everyone to escape. I call that a success...

    *KLitke's body is almost completely healed now. Just a fraction of time to go...*

    I...I'm just... gonna sit down here... for a bit... get... my... breath...back...

    *as the blackness welcomes him, Booster's last glimpse is of a fully restored KLitke and the sight sends a pang of paternal pride through him*
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-03-2002, 09:51 PM
    Facade slipstreams in with a flash of red sparks. Her eyes are frantic as she scans the area.

    KLitke!?!? Her eyes fall on Booster's slumped form. Booster?!

    She falls to her knees beside them, reaching out to place a hand on both of them and pushing her energy into them. A tear trickles down her pale cheek, her eyes bloodshot from all the tears she has shed.

    Please! You cannot leave me! I need you both!
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 09:56 PM
    KLitke frantically looks up from his position next to Booster.

    I was about to call to you again! He...he was healing me...and then this happened...I am fine now, thanks to him, but I don't know what is wrong! I fear teleporting him anywhere, I'm not sure if it's just exertion or if he was injured before...
    [ 10-03-2002, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: KLitke ]
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-03-2002, 10:00 PM
    Facade pushes harder, her eyes frantic and glowing gold.

    I should have listened harder! I was so tired I barely caught you the first time! What happened?
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 10:18 PM
    It's not your fault, Facade. When you...when you came back and fell, and I came to your side...I left so suddenly because I sensed an attack at the Secundae Orphanage. I had set up failsafes to inform me if it ever came under attack again. When I got there, Neg...your father...he was attacking it. He knocked Gagl flying and then I fought him...I think I hurt him a bit, and I might have distracted him long enough to help some, but he grabbed onto me and forcefully teleported me away from him and the Orphanage...I tried to control it to go back, and it nearly tore me apart...that's when I ended up back at the cottage, and then I came here, and I called out to you, but Father came, and he healed me, and then...he collapsed. I don't know what happened...
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-03-2002, 10:26 PM
    The Orphanage?! Her eyes spark and die. I should go, but I'm so tired of fighting. Nothing I do seems to have an effect but I *know* NEGATOR, my father, is still in there somewhere. I've felt him and seen him!

    She slowly sinks to the floor, keeping her palms against Booster but slowing her shove of energy to a gentle flow. She cannot keep this up for long for she has expended much energy tracking and battling NEGATOR but she must help her adopted father and her brother.
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 10:29 PM
    It doesn't matter by now. Anything he wanted to do there he could have done by now. If it helps any, he almost seemed hesitant when he attacked me. Perhaps he is still in there, somewhere.

    KLitke reaches out and holds onto his sister's hand. Slowly, he starts giving her some of his energy.

    Use me to help father. If you heal him only to collapse yourself, we'll be just as bad off as before...if we work together, all three of us can make it home fine.
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-03-2002, 10:33 PM
    Facade closes her fingers about her brave brother's hand and smiles at him.

    You're right, of course. It will do me no good to go there now. She smiles at her beloved brother. Besides, I'm needed here. With you and our father.

    She sags against him slightly, her eyes drooping tiredly, and she yawns.

    But NEGATOR is in there. I know it because of his reluctance to hurt me.
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 10:36 PM
    I know, sister. I'm not sure why he hesitated even briefly for me. Perhaps it is because of you. But for now, there is nothing to be done. And please, sister, tell me next time you go to face him. I will help you...and I don't want you doing it until you are at full strength. I do not want to risk anything happening to you.
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-03-2002, 10:45 PM
    It is not in NEGATOR's nature to hurt anyone.

    Her voice is trailing off as exhaustion tugs insistently at her. Her eyes slide closed despite her efforts and she sags heavily into her brother's shoulder.
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-03-2002, 10:51 PM
    Klitke puts his arm around his sister as he begins transferring energy to her, slowly so as not to collapse himself.

    I know, sister. It is almost as if he is possessed by something. Do you suppose he is? I haven't heard any news on him lately.

    He looks to his sister, concerned as she seems to be drifting off. He picks up the speed a bit, giving her more of his own power, so as to heal their father.
    Posted by Eternity Williams (Member #1286) on 10-04-2002, 08:06 AM
    *mist gathers in front of KLitke and Facade, building an image that reminds of a person*

    I sent this mist messenger to inform you, that you havent failed.
    Im currently standing outside of the Orphanage and it is still standing.
    It seems that Negator is waiting for Sil to appear.

    *that said, the figure vanishes into thin air*
    Posted by Meteoro (Member #712) on 10-04-2002, 12:26 PM
    ::Flying fast, a small ball of energy comes from the ski stopping right next to Facade, KLitke and Booster. With the size of a simple apple, but containing so much energy… energy that the three Gods certainly need.::

    ::From afar, a known voice echoes in the ski::


    Booster, Facade, KLitke… This small ball of energy contains the remaining strength of the Anti Meteoro that still flowed inside of me. Take it as a gift. Because it certainly will be our best weapon against the Essence that took over Negator, that your family stays strong and united.

    Don’t be afraid of its energy, the Anti Meteoro might have been tainted with hatred and rage, but now, what remains has been purified. Take it into your souls, get the strength that I’m offering to you.

    ::And with this, the voice finally fades::
    Posted by LizardSnake (Member #582) on 10-04-2002, 03:28 PM
    *Dragon LizardSnake flies through the skies like an arrow, following the images M showed her in her bastion and her children's trail, which she knows by heart* Children! Stay where you are, I'm coming to take you home! *To herself* Please be okay....
    Posted by GAGL (Member #1214) on 10-05-2002, 05:06 PM
    ::GAGL flies straight into the side of the mountain as a result from Negators punch, he is hurt badly but its nothing compared to what hes seen today. he slowly stumbles across the mountain and eventually finds the small gathering of gods. He looks down at booster and speaks....::

    is he dead?

    ::Klitke slowly raises his head to shake it and lowers it again::

    I can do something.

    ::recalling what he learned from his short time on Ciress he remembers a revival spell, its not as powerful as Elysian magic but its a different power source so its worth a try. he concentrates and put all his being into his hands and they begin to glow, a radiant purple light shines on boosters chest. this continues for several minutes before GAGL finally collapses, he would have wanted to see if it worked but its too late now. Booster is more important for the struggle anyway::

    OOC: you got a PM boostie.
    Posted by Booster (Member #1067) on 10-05-2002, 07:07 PM
    *Booster slowly starts to come round. His eyes flutter open and he starts to get up from the ground.*

    Woah.. what happened? GAGL? What are you... Did you?

    *While listening to KLitke and Facade's explanations, he can't help noticing M's energy globe hovering nearby, repeating its message. That gives him an idea. Seizing hold of the globe and absorbing enough of the energy to fill him partially, he directs the remaining power to restore KLitke and the collapsed GAGL to full potency*

    Facade? You've been doing an awful lot lately...

    *gives Facade a power "boost". The remaining power he drains into himself.*

    Right, I feel quite energized now. We're almost ready to take on Negator. Just a few final preparations to go...

    And GAGL... thanks.
    Posted by LizardSnake (Member #582) on 10-05-2002, 08:07 PM
    *Arrives in time to see Booster save the day* Aha! *Turns back into humanoid form* Booster! Children! Are you alright? M told me what happened while I was fortifying home.
    Posted by GAGL (Member #1214) on 10-05-2002, 08:23 PM
    ::GAGL staggers to his feet slowly and looks around, he sees the revived booster and congratulates himself. He sees a small pool of blood where he laid and soon discovered a deep gash in his side::

    its fine, theres worse out there today.

    so we have two choices, we can go for one concentrated attack on Negator right now or we can group with the others and discuss a battle plan. I say the five of us take a vote.

    I vote attack now, the longer we wait the more he will destroy.
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-05-2002, 08:34 PM
    Facade stands slowly and stretches to relieve some of the cramping in her muscles.

    Thank you, Booster. I guess I did need that. I've been so busy I guess I've been neglecting myself.

    Seeing her mother appear she reaches a hand out toward her in reassurance.

    We are fine, now. It is good to see that you are still whole also.

    She glances over at GAGL.

    NEGATOR may destroy more if we wait but if just the five of us go against him, he will most likely brush us off. I think our best course of action is to return to the cottage and continue our plans. He will come to us. I know it.
    Posted by GAGL (Member #1214) on 10-05-2002, 08:46 PM
    okay weve got 1 for attack now, and 1 for regroup.

    Klitke, you next.
    [ 10-05-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: GAGL ]
    Posted by KLitke (Member #1326) on 10-05-2002, 08:51 PM
    KLitke pauses as he looks out from the mountaintop, thinking. Finally, he returns his attention to the others.

    I made a vow to protect the Orphanage. And I suspect Negator is still there...however...I suspect it's out of our hands now. There are others who can protect the Orphanage. I say we head back to the cottage...but should an opening make itself known, then we attack.
    Posted by GAGL (Member #1214) on 10-05-2002, 08:54 PM
    ::GAGL glances at Klitke and then down at the ground. he mumbles something under his breath *youre making a mistake*::
    ...to the topTop



  2. #2
    Posted by Booster (Member #1067) on 10-06-2002, 06:56 AM
    I vote for re-group too. At the very least, I think we ought to take advantage of LizardSnake's armory upgrades.

    *walks over to LizardSnake and huggles her*

    Thanks for coming. I wasn't sure that you would, after all my recent behavior....
    Posted by LizardSnake (Member #582) on 10-06-2002, 07:37 AM
    Don't be ridiculous, dear. I also vote to go back to the cottage, see what has been happening in our absence, get some solid healing, weapon up, formulate a plan and only then attack. I'm ready to 'port out at a moment's notice.
    Posted by Facade (Member #1116) on 10-06-2002, 10:49 AM
    Then let's return to the cottage.

    She surveys the assembled First about her and begins to gesture them ahead of her. A niggling feeling that has been tugging at her senses finally bursts forth. Her face pales and she gasps, staggering back a step. Her hand flies to her throat, the other stretched out as if warding something off. Her eyes grow distant as though she was looking at something not there.

    SIL!!! NO!!!
    [ 10-06-2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Facade ]
    Posted by GAGL (Member #1214) on 10-06-2002, 01:42 PM
    ::GAGL rushes to Facades side and looks at the others, he picks up the downed goddess and spoke...::

    get us out of here Lizardsnake, Facade might be sick we need to tend to her immediately.

    ::GAGLs voice trails off as he sees something burning in the distance, hes sure its the orphanage but denies his gut instinct to help::

    now, Lizardsnake.
    Posted by LizardSnake (Member #582) on 10-06-2002, 04:57 PM
    *'Ports all five of them straight into the cottage's war room*
    ...to the topTop



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •