Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cernosela

Cernosela

Cernosela

Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:05 am
    The seemingly barren world of Cernosela was such a great distance from Elysia, or anything important for that matter, that most beings didn't know of it. Those that did, didn't care for the most part. A few knew that life thrived under the surface. Several millinea ago, the planet held highly valued ore. That was all gone now. Perhaps a hundred or so years after the one thing that made the planet worthwhile was gone, it was rediscovered by smugglers and other criminals. They built a 'free city' in the winding tunnels. Eventually the city became cities. And during that time an ancient item was moved to reside there.

The trio were guardians of items half remembered by myths. Some say they taught the forgers of mythological weapons and items which materials to chose and how to shape them to be legend. during that time they found the perfect material. One blade was made from it and tested in the age of myths. A young god struck down an old one for slaying his father. That weapon has since become dust. However, there was one other forged. It has tempted warriors, powermongers, and adventurers across the cosmos. The trio forged a series of tests to keep the most unworthy out. Those that passed had either been rejected by the blade or destroyed by it. The location of those tests is unknown but the gate to that local is hidden in Cernosela.

Lord Mattson appeared. He knew of the weapon from his reckless youth, before he ascended to First. He knew the land from traveling it as Shadow. Several clever individuals were selected by the trio to be the first test and guide to the gate. All Mattson had to do was find one.

Official fan of
    #1 Gullet, Zhubokhov, Iblis, the Arwyn of Gareth's dream, Komptin, Tanner
    #2 Bohr
    #3 Jemerik Meer, Chomper, Dodona
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:07 am
    Two destroyed bars later, Mattson had what he sought. The little man was frantically trying to wriggle free of his captor's iron grip. Normally, Mattson would have reasoned his way to the trio. However, he was not in the mood for games today.

Take me to the gate. Now. No tricks.

The little man squirmed some more.

"No way, man. You aren't worthy."

Little cretin. I've touched the blade once. I wore a different name then but it was mine for a second. So guide me and tell the trio, he who was once Shadow comes for the second time. Just as the blade said I would.

"OK, OK already. They know and they're waiting. Put me down and we'll go."

Unceremoniously drops the man and follows him through the winding tunnels until they reach an oft overlooked door. Mattson grabs the little man and tosses him through the door before entering himself.

Bring on your tests, trio. I've bested them once and I will again.

Instead of the first test, the trio appear floating before LM. The strange old aliens circle the First as if searching his being for value.

There will be no tests for you.

You have already passed them.

You must only state your duty to approach the Sword of the Ebon Sun.

My mother has been slain. Her final wish is that I rescue my baby sister. For that, I require a weapon.

The Sword will still have to judge you.

None have survived its judgement twice.

Will you still risk your existence First?

I'll not fail.

This blade was forged after one in myths.

Its twin slayed an old god as vengeance for slaying a father.

Would you slay an old god as vengeance for your mother?

Vengeance has been claimed by her oldest friend but I will kill anyone to save Cao.

Duty before vengeance is a good sign.

But it is not enough.

The blood of a god of old will stain the Sword should you wield it.

So be it.

Then go, Lord Mattson, ruler of Sinister.

Go, Lord Mattson, regent of the Matrix Quadrant.

Go, Shadow, he who is of both houses.

And with that the trio moved away and Mattson walked towards the black sword in the white room. Its long handle with an image of the head of its twin's weilder stared at him. Mattson let his purpose consume him ans he took each step forward. Finally, he grasped the handle....

Official fan of
    #2 Bohr
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:03 am
    Reality seems to explode around him. Images from a thousand worlds swirl past. One shows a hawk-headed man striking down a great snake. Another shows a Saurian killing another of his kind. The images are similar. A young hero/god wielding the blade to strike down an old being at the behest of a fallen father.

No. That is not why I need you.

The images shift to a mother cradling the young god/hero, raising him and sending him on his grim task.

It is my mother that has fallen.

The kill scenes resume.

That was not her request.

The images shatter.

I am to save my sister from a madman. I need your power to do so.

The shattered images shudder and show a scenery shot.

A new role. Breaking the past.

Reality returns and Mattson holds the Sword of the Ebon Sun. He looks down and slides it into his belt.

So you have survived.

And you have chosen a new path for the Sword.

Beware for old uses die as hard as old habits.

I can't fail her again.

You will face much on these trials.

The Sword will be both a blessing and a curse.

You will have to chose your road to tomorrow.

So be it.

With that Mattson found himself back in the alleyway.

Official fan of
    #2 Bohr
    Posted by Lord Mattson (Member #208 ) on Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:53 am
    As he was about to leave, the message from Mil reached him. Mattson smiled. One of Lucein's pawns had failed and he would surely find a use for him. Then another sensation hit him. His daughter. He could spare a moment he hoped. Until Lucien was located, he couldn't do much.

With one last look around, Mattson vanished.

Official fan of
    #2 Bohr
    Posted by JAS4Yeshua (Member #80) on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:34 am
    ((.....))
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Tue May 04, 2004 12:33 pm
    Taking the Rising Sun through the thin atmosphere of the planet was rough, Aliexser was constantly moving from one console to another, pushing buttons and doing what the little notes popping up on the screens say so the ship doesn't crash into the surface. He was being guided by Ceti Station's Aerospace traffic control into the central well dock which was a large asteroid impact crater. As he got lower, the crater opened up showing a long well a mile deep, with another ship leaving as the Rising Sun went in. Going past rows of empty hangers, the smallest close to the surface and getting steadily bigger until he reached his designated berth and maneuvered the ship inside.

Once the ship was powered down, Aliexster gave a long sigh of relief that he didn't have any more fender benders on the way in. Heading out of the main bay, he meet what was obviously the harbor master, "Welcome to Cernosela Ceti Station. It looks like you've been in a bit of a frackas and would take it you would need repairs?"

"Yes, although I have to tell you it wasn't our intention to get into a battle," Aliexster said rubbing the back of his neck a bit, "We just came into this system and these guys just opened fire on us without giving us an ultimatum. Most unprofessional thing I have ever seen..."

"That's all well and good," The fairly clean man in this rather grimy bay, "We don't refuse anybody just because of their political leanings. We harbor all ships equally, which brings me to the next point; how will you be paying for this?"

At this question Aliexster was a bit surprised because from his dealings with Kalor, currency had never come up. Pulling out his wallet, the lieutenant flipped through it noticing he only had about fifty-seven marks and some change, no where near enough for the repairs of a very sophisticated space ship. Then he remembered something he saw on one of the bunks labeled "In Case of Emergencies". Handing the card to the harbor master he asks, "Will this be good enough?"

The harbor master took the card and his eyes bulged, "A Metallus Card! You could buy out the economy of this planet with one of these credit cards!" Taking out a scanner, he swiped the card through, "Haven't made any previous purchases and you have a limit of $40 trillion, yes, I think this will do nicely," He says with a big grin on his face while reluctantly handing the card back to Aliexster.

Putting the credit card back in his wallet, Aliexster nodded to the harbor master, "Good, I'd like you to repair the battle damage on the outer hull, and there were a couple of battles in the bridge and cargo hold section I'd like cleaned up."

"Consider it done sir!" The harbor master then motions to several mechanics and grease monkies who start working on the ship. Meanwhile Aliexster wandered out of the harbor area, looking for someplace to eat and rest for the night.
    SIN: 578651134
    Strive, Adapt, Survive, Overcome, Conquer
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Tue May 04, 2004 5:35 pm
    General Bogure

**Bogure sits in a bar deep within the bowels of the Cernosela Ceti station. The general wears a heavy trench coat to hide his Negation uniform. The coat has a hood which is pulled over his head in an effort to hide the blue energy that covers the top half of his face. In his gloved hands is a data pad. He had met with an old friend of his from Negation Military Intelligence earlier this evening. The general's friend had dropped of some information that Bogure had requested and vanished into the night. Bogure intently reads over the restricted information that scrolls up on the pads screen. Before he can read too much of the documents his communicator chirps slightly and signals that his crew on the Interceptor, which is cloaked and in orbit over the planet, needs to speak with him. The Negation general contacts them through telepathy.**

~Yes, what is it?~

**The Interceptor's science officer responds. Bogure finds her telepathic voice is as nasal and annoying as her real voice.**

~Captain, we have detected some anomalous universal energy readings on the planet during our passive scans. We believe it's an energy source of some kind and that it's located on a recently landed ship. I don't think it powers the ship though. If we use our active scanners we might be able to- ~

~No, with active scanners we risk detection. Teleport a handheld scanner to my location and hack into the stations computer system. Find out all they know about the ship and its crew.~

~Yes sir.~

**A faint shimmering light can be seen beneath Bogure's table. The general makes sure no one had noticed before he reaches down and picks up the small scanning device. Bogure pockets the data pad and rises from his table. He begins using the hand held device to scan the station. He locks on to the power source and begins walking towards it.**
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Tue May 04, 2004 6:57 pm
    Coming out into the harbor, Aliexster looks about at the twisting tunnels stretching out before him as far as the eye can see. "Man, I'm going to need a map," He muttered heading off to a little kiosk to find where the heck things are in this place. Looking about the map, he eventually finds a greasy spoon to have a quick bite to eat before coming back to see how the repair work was coming along.

On the way to the cafe, he ran into a some guy in a trench coat with a hoodie on it. "Hey there mister! This place has good food, or is it just assorted organic matter that one could keep down?"
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Tue May 04, 2004 7:23 pm
    **Bogure's scanning device registers residual energy, from the anomalous power source, on the man that now speaks to him. The general looks over at Aliexster. The other man can see the flickering of blue energy beneath the general's hood. Bogure puts the scanner away and motions for Aliexster to sit at his table.**

Yes, the food is quite good. A friend of mine recommended this place to me. Would you care to join me.

**The Interceptor's science officer sends a telepathic transmission to Bogure on what her hacking has turned up.**

~His ship is of an unknown design but some of the systems matches the technology used by the First known as Qwaring. The ship's captain used a Metallus account to pay for some repairs on the ship. It seems like this vessel has seen combat. Residual energy readings match Negation weapons fire. This could be a First scout ship. What are your orders sir?~

~Do nothing. I will try to handle this.~
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Tue May 04, 2004 7:33 pm
    Sitting down at the gestured table, Aliexster says, "Why thank you sir. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm lieutenant Aliexster Vlaingrouski. So sir, what would you recommend in this 'fine' establishment?" he asks raising a blue eyebrow. While talking to the General, Aliexster saw the little blue night sky flash inside his dining partner's hood. Squinting a bit, he thought that he saw that there was void like a starry sky inside Bogure's hood. Listening to him placing the order and making small talk, the lieutenant could only stare into his hood at the oddity in there. "Um, you might be sensitive about this, but is there something wrong with your... head, or is it just naturally slightly bioluminecent?"
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Tue May 04, 2004 7:57 pm
    **Bogure sits down at the table and waves for a robotic server to take their order. While waiting for the mechanical waiter on wheels the general continues to speak with Aliexster.**

Pleased to meet you lieutenant. I am Bogure.

**The thin robotic server wheels up to the table and displays the menu on its video screen face.**

I'd recommend the verioskian steak dinner. The Verioskian's knack for genetic engineering makes their meals exceptionally tasty.
    *Bogure speaks to the server droid.*
    And I'll have a glass of ale.

**When Aliexster mentions the glow of his face Bogure pulls back his hood to reveal the feild of star like energy that covers the top half of his face. Some of the humans and aliens around them notices Bogure and the room goes quiet. Some of the people stumble their way out of the bar. The general seems to ignore them and responds to Aliexster's question.**

This is a manifestation of the universal energies that is stored in my body.
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Tue May 04, 2004 8:12 pm
    Aliexster simply stares at the odd void that makes up the top of Borgue's head. Slowly drawing out his right hand, he extended an index finger and poked the General right where his forehead would be, testing for some resistance. "Oookaay," he says a bit uncertain, "I'm just wondering how the heck do you see without any eyes and do you have to cut your hair, save for your ponytail?"

About the order, the lieutenant turns to the droid, "Same here," Turning back to Borgue wrapping his fingers under his chin, Aliexster asks "So what you doing in this part of the universe? Space trucker with a penchant for meditation hauling a load of crystals to a new system?" Letting out a bit of a sigh, slumping down a little bit more he says, "I wish I had that direction. I don't know if you'd understand this, but this is my first time 'alone' out here in the universe and things always seem to be so @$$-backwards about here. You need to have some ungodly magic to do anything out here, where's the room for the regular guy with a lot of determination and two master's degrees to do anything." Once his drink was deposited on the table next to him, Aliexster lifts the flagon, draining it in a couple of seconds, "Oh I needed that." Raising the cup towards the droid, "Could I get a refill here?"
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Tue May 04, 2004 8:39 pm
    Aliexster wrote:
    Aliexster simply stares at the odd void that makes up the top of Borgue's head. Slowly drawing out his right hand, he extended an index finger and poked the General right where his forehead would be, testing for some resistance. "Oookaay," he says a bit uncertain, "I'm just wondering how the heck do you see without any eyes and do you have to cut your hair, save for your ponytail?"

**When Aliexster's finger makes contact with the starry energy there is a small jolt of blue energy that feels like a small sting of static electricity. Bogure calmly responds.**

First of all don't poke my face. It's rude.
    And second I do have eyes. They're just covered.

**Bogure's eyes glow brighter than the energy on his face so the other can see them.**

Aliexster wrote:
    About the order, the lieutenant turns to the droid, "Same here," Turning back to Borgue wrapping his fingers under his chin, Aliexster asks "So what you doing in this part of the universe? Space trucker with a penchant for meditation hauling a load of crystals to a new system?" Letting out a bit of a sigh, slumping down a little bit more he says, "I wish I had that direction. I don't know if you'd understand this, but this is my first time 'alone' out here in the universe and things always seem to be so @$$-backwards about here. You need to have some ungodly magic to do anything out here, where's the room for the regular guy with a lot of determination and two master's degrees to do anything." Once his drink was deposited on the table next to him, Aliexster lifts the flagon, draining it in a couple of seconds, "Oh I needed that." Raising the cup towards the droid, "Could I get a refill here?"

We each find our own place in the universe. Although the universe does tend to make that kind of philosophy hard to swallow at times.
    I'm in command of a military vessel that has been assigned to a "special" assignment while all of my peers are involved in the big war.

**Bogure added a sarcastic emphasis to "special".**

My ship needed some provisions so we stopped here. It's funny you should mention ungodly magic, because that sums up my people's enemy pretty well. They're a race of beings that claim to not only be gods but also the creators of the whole universe. It would seem that no one has had the heart to point out the absurdity of the notion.

**Bogure begins sipping from his mug.**

So tell me Lieutenant, where is home for you?

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Wed May 05, 2004 3:36 pm
    Winching a bit as he touched Borgue's forehead, Aliexster brought his hand back to his stein of beer, "Apologies friend, was just curious." When he went into the whole reason he was here, the lieutenant turns to the side and mutters, "I have, but it seems the way I phrased it caused the meaning to go over their heads. But yes, the few I have meet, they could use a severe dose of humility, since they appear all too human. Except for the flying and pulling flaming sphere out of their @ss bit, which they consider the only thing worth while." Sighing he turned to look at the glass bottom of his mug wondering when his refill would come.

When the topic about his home came up, Aliexster sighed "Home? I have no home Captain, my home was lost since I ever came to what ever part of the Void I'm in at this moment. It's some lost piece of flotsam in the universe that none have ever heard of. In a small way I am glad no one else has ever had contact with my world, keep those First lummoxes from doing something regrettable on it. At the moment I am simply in port to repair my ship which had a little run in with a few servants of something similar. After that, I don't know what I am going to do..."

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Wed May 05, 2004 5:02 pm
    **Bogure takes a few more sips from his mug and listens to Aliexster talk about his own experience with the Firsts. The general holds back a smirk when he hears the lieutenant's aggravation at the so called gods. Bogure takes another sip.**

Were any of your crew injured in the battle? My own ship may not be much but it has an impressive infirmary. I could offer some assistance. I know what it's like to crawl out of a battle with a ship full of wounded and have no where to turn. That's happened all too often during this war.

**Bogure gulps down the rest of his drink and waves for the server droid to bring refills.**

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Wed May 05, 2004 5:32 pm
    "Injured? No," Aliexster says, shaking his head, "Everybody was alright, although one of them, a lovely little girl... was taken soon after. Other than her, most others have left me to do something else save for two who are out about the station. And you do not have to tell me about the horrors of war, my people know their ways all too well as long as it doesn't involve the weird magic stuff." He almost sneers out the last word while looking about the bar.

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Wed May 05, 2004 5:56 pm
    But my people do have to battle the "weird magic stuff". We have tried to come up with ways to match their power, but the results have ended up being as bad as the problem far too often.

**The server droid wheels up beside the table and refill the drinks. Bogure looks into his mug silently for a moment before taking a sip.**

I hope your world does remain out of the reach of the First. I've seen the effects they can have on a planet. On its people.
    I've also seen how far they're influence can reach. If you want I can give you some star charts. Maybe help you find your world so you can somehow prepare them for the day that some insane "god" decides he needs some new world to grovel at his feet. Maybe you could use what you know about the First to arm your people.

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Wed May 05, 2004 6:24 pm
    "No, I know that the First will not be able to find them any time soon, please don't ask," Aliexster said, raising a warning eye at Borgue. "That and I severely doubt any would be deity would want my world. Savage beasts where ever you turn, dingy, cramped cities, and the fact that my people value their freedom rather highly. You don't want to see what a Slovanian town who doesn't like you could do. I'd rather just stop them here before they can go and ruin any other world."

An odd gleam forms in Aliexster's eyes and a harsher tone seems to start working it's way up from deep inside of his soul. "I'd just like to eradicate all those vermin from this universe and set things right... But I'd need a lot more than a single ship to do so," His voice and eyes loosing that intensity. "About the only thing I have is my jurry-rigged ether reactor back in the ship which seemed to have worked well against one of those Lawbringer things. It didn't like being tethered to that thing, managed to get in a good shot or two before he ran out," He says rubbing his ribs where Lestat pummeled him.

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Wed May 05, 2004 6:40 pm
    **Bogure leans a little closer to Aliexster and speaks quieter as if he were trying to avoid any eavesdropping. Even the energy on his face dims some.**

And if you had access to a state of the art laboratory? With unlimited resources.

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Wed May 05, 2004 7:05 pm
    Letting out a long sigh, Aliexster leaned back in his chair, "Another research and development job? Ah that would be wonderful, make me feel like I was actually accomplishing something worth while..." At the term of unlimited resources, he raised one of his blue eyebrows in surprise leaning in to whisper to Borgue. "Now that is something one does not hear all too often. I could probably give you a more streamlined version of my ether reactor, although I'm not quite sure what you are asking me to do with it. It is a very efficient form of power generation, providing nearly unlimited electricity with little waste save for the radioactive metals that can be recharged."

Pointing a finger at the general, making sure not to touch his almost non-existent head, "I do not think you are interested in a new power source. You're looking for a weapon like all military leaders interested in some new technology. I'm sorry to say that I can not conceive of a way to use it for offensive purposes without also severely harming the user as well." After letting the statement hang in the air for a few seconds he adds, "But it may have some defensive applications if possibly miniaturized. But I have one question; who do you work for Captain? What nation is your homeland and what do you fight for Borgue?"

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Wed May 05, 2004 7:25 pm
    **Bogure leans back slightly. He looks around the bar some, takes a gulp from his mug and continues speaking.**

My people were once like your people Aliexster. We were human. We had war, disease, famine. But one day we came up with a way of leaving all of that behind. Our scientists found a way to take us up to the top of the evolutionary ladder. They came up with a process which would give every man, woman and child god like power. Imagine it. No war because we'd all be equals and have nothing more to gain from conflict. No disease and famine because we'd be above such things.
    Unfortunately the transition process didn't go as planned. There was an accident. All of my people were cast into a parallel universe. We had power but not what we had dreamed of. We spent the next ten thousand years trying to create the utopia that had been the purpose behind transition. We built that utopia and along the way we found a way back home. But when we looked around at the universe that had cast us out we found it infested with the First. Imagine how we felt when we found a race of beings with the power that we had hoped would grant us heaven on earth and they have been using it for their own childish needs. So we came up with a way of freeing this universe from the plague of the Firsts. We brought the full force of our other dimensional empire against them. We developed weapons and beings of power to fight them with.

**Bogure pulls back his coat some to reveal the metal Negation ligis pinned to his uniform.**

The Negation has learned from our attempt to become gods. We know that godhood is a lie and that the real utopia will exist only when that lie is eliminated.

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Wed May 05, 2004 7:37 pm
    Aliexster leans back and listens to Borgue's tale of his empire's troubles, lightly tapping a finger on the table regularly. Once he was done, the lieutenant leaned forward, letting out a bit of a sigh, "While that is a noble goal, there is one little problem. Your people tried to kill me and I have heard of some stories of... genocide handed out by your Negation high command. I was wondering what you have to say to these allegations?"

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Wed May 05, 2004 7:55 pm
    What were you doing when they attacked you? Did they have just cause to attack? If not then it was either what the commander believed that situation called for or it was the act of a rogue commander.
    And the Negation is not in the habit of committing genocide. Death happens in times of war. When conflicts take place on a galactic scale the casualty numbers will seem like genocide but doesn't mean we're guilty of it. And it is most certainly not our goal. Our enemies like to spread such lies and propaganda about us. They make us out to be soulless monsters or fiendish villains, but they conveniently leave out all of the good that we've accomplished. Do you know in the Negation universe the laws of physics aren't set. You could wake up one morning and find that gravity has been reversed on you. But the Negation have seen to it that order has been imposed on the chaos. Every citizen is guarenteed that the entire empire will work to make sure that the world they fall asleep to doesn't turn into a living hell in the morning. I suppose you never heard the stories about all of the civilizations that we've brought back from the brink of self annihilation. Or the mainly mindless creatures that we've stopped from devouring planets whole.
    I'm not saying that we're perfect, but we aren't monsters either.

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Thu May 06, 2004 4:46 am
    "We simply came into a system where they were mustered at and they opened fire on us without any sort of ultimatum or declaration of war. That would count as an breach of military etiquette where I come from. Plus I think it was one of those Lawbringer things that ordered it, a real ugly one at that..." Aliexster nodded thanks to the droid as it refilled his mug and went to take a sip. "And no, I haven't heard about any of that, and although I would say I can not envision a place where nature had no immutable laws of physics, from what I've seen I could believe it."

Turning to glare off to the side, he muttered, "Even though I believe this universe could use a good dose of order as well. I would wish to give those people who have yet to contact the First one less reason to worry though. And to be truthful I could definitely use some time in a laboratory environment." Leaning a little forward, holding his stein in front of him the lieutenant asks, "So what do you have me do my good Captain?"

Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Thu May 06, 2004 7:50 am
    Aliexster wrote:
    "We simply came into a system where they were mustered at and they opened fire on us without any sort of ultimatum or declaration of war. That would count as an breach of military etiquette where I come from. Plus I think it was one of those Lawbringer things that ordered it, a real ugly one at that..." Aliexster nodded thanks to the droid as it refilled his mug and went to take a sip. "And no, I haven't heard about any of that, and although I would say I can not envision a place where nature had no immutable laws of physics, from what I've seen I could believe it."

Maybe you appeared during a battle and your ship was mistaken for an enemy vessel. Where did you get your ship from?

**When Aliexster mentions that a Lawbringer was in command Bogure gets quiet for a few moments and takes a few contemplative sips from his mug.**

The Lawbringer's are my peoples way of trying to match the First's power. Unfortunately they tend to be highly unstable. I often wish that they weren't necessary, but when dealing with the First we need the power of the Lawbringers.
    Aliexster wrote:
    Turning to glare off to the side, he muttered, "Even though I believe this universe could use a good dose of order as well. I would wish to give those people who have yet to contact the First one less reason to worry though. And to be truthful I could definitely use some time in a laboratory environment." Leaning a little forward, holding his stein in front of him the lieutenant asks, "So what do you have me do my good Captain?"

**Bogure leans closer once again and whispers to the human.**

My current mission gives me high clearance and a great deal of leeway. This has allowed me to take command of a secret weapons development facility to use as my primary base of operation. Since the fundamental laws of the our two universes are so different my people needed to use such a facility to test and modify our weapons in this universe. This facility wasn't in use since the war started but it still has a vast supply of equipment and materials.
    The facility and its personnel would be at your disposal.

Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Thu May 06, 2004 3:02 pm
    "Someplace called the Metallus shipyards, I don't know more than that," Aliexster commented looking down at his drink, "The... others really procured the ship and I had minimal input about it. So it could be a that's the reason why they fired first."

When Borgue went on to describe the facility, Aliexster raised an eyebrow, "Well I would have to be a fool to pass up such a great opportunity. Consider me on board your R&D staff, sir," He says with a slight smile and smirk on his face. "Maybe you should tell me more about what needs to be done after we pick up my invention and head to your ship. Don't want what happened back there to happen again?"
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Thu May 06, 2004 5:33 pm
    Aliexster wrote:
    "Someplace called the Metallus shipyards, I don't know more than that," Aliexster commented looking down at his drink, "The... others really procured the ship and I had minimal input about it. So it could be a that's the reason why they fired first."

So you didn't know that Metallus is a family of First royalty? They're also in possession of a vast fleet of extremely powerful ships. I think the Negation commander would have mistaken you for a Metallus scout and attacked you in an attempt to keep you from signalling the Metallus fleet. It would seem like your friends stuck you with a First ship during a war between the First and the Negation. They should have just painted a bullseye on you and sent you walking down a firing range.
    Before we go to my ship you should ask the repair crew that's working on your ship to alter the engines or power systems in order to make it harder to identify as a Metallus vessel. That should cut down on further accidents for your friends.
    Aliexster wrote:
    When Borgue went on to describe the facility, Aliexster raised an eyebrow, "Well I would have to be a fool to pass up such a great opportunity. Consider me on board your R&D staff, sir," He says with a slight smile and smirk on his face. "Maybe you should tell me more about what needs to be done after we pick up my invention and head to your ship. Don't want what happened back there to happen again?"

**Bogure rises from his chair. He raises his hood and closes his coat. The general tosses a few inter-credits on the table.**

If you'll lead the way to your ship we can go get your reactor.
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Fri May 07, 2004 12:57 pm
    Getting up as the general paid the tab, Aliexster stands, "But of course Captain, if you would be so kind as to follow me," He then heads off towards his berth. Once there he goes over to the head mechanic and asks for several modifications to the engine and getting a new paint job on the ship. Once the transaction was done, he lead Borgue into the Rising Sun's cargo hold which was still scared by the battle with the Lawbringer.

Over in a corner, a shape roughly cylindrical rested, although it was constructed recently, it already seems rusty. Various wires, tubes, and lights scattered in no sensible order. The cut wire which functions as it's antennae lies on the ground coiled up like a viper waiting to strike. "Well it might not be pretty, but it's functional," Aliexster says going over to disconnect the wires plugged into the ship. "We have to be careful though, it's already have some ether inside, not to mention it weighs upwards of a ton. We'll probably have to swipe one of the vans from this ship to haul it over."
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Fri May 07, 2004 6:57 pm
    **Bogure follows Aliexster to the ship. Once in the cargo hold the general removes his hood to get a better look at the core. It looks a little crude for his taste. Although power that Bogure senses in the device makes up for its less than spectacular construction. Bogure takes the hand held scanning device from his pocket and begins to scan the reactor. After a few calculations in his own head Bogure speaks to Aliexster.**

The van won't be necessary. My ship is equipped with a transmat device. It will allow us to teleport your reactor into my cargo hold safely. My technicians can compensate for the ether, so the transport process won't damage the reactor in any way.
    But since it's your reactor I'll leave the decision up to you.
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Fri May 07, 2004 8:09 pm
    At the option of teleporting the reactor, Aliexster thought for a minute and how it might affect the machine, more importantly the ether inside. "Alright, but tell them to be extremely careful. All it takes is a second of unshielded direct line of sight within ten feet will produce a rather slow and antagonizing death. The radiation degrades the basic cellular structure of the subject and heat can slowly burn a victim from the inside out even after being isolated from the raw ether."
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Fri May 07, 2004 8:41 pm
    **Bogure places the scanning device back into his pocket and nods in agreement with Aliexsters words of caution.**

I'll make sure my crew takes every protective measure. My ship has a holding cell that is equipped with a prototype shield generator that could theoretically hold a First. I'll have my crew set up the shield generator inside of the cargo hold so it can block any radiation from the reactor.
    I'll need to communicate with my crew for a while to set everything up. This should give you a chance to gather your personal effects.

**Bogure becomes silent for a few minutes as he speaks to his crew through telepathy. He gives them all the information and orders that they need. Once everything is set up on the Interceptor the general gives the order to teleport the reactor. The machine is immediately consumed by a shimmering light and fades out of the Rising Sun's cargo hold.**
    Posted by Aliexster (Member #95) on Fri May 07, 2004 9:27 pm
    Nodding to Borgue's comment, Aliexster went into the depths of the ship searching for anything that was his. He picked up the shotgun on the bridge. Other than that, there was scarcely anything else, the music box back on Starron and his own pistol. He was scraping for anything else he had of sentimental value, "Has all my time amounted to so little?" Muttering to himself he is almost ready to head back to Borgue when his jackboot snagged on something. Looking down he found a white ribbon that he vaguely remembered Silandra wearing. Bending over he picked it up and looked at it, the ribbon was barely a fragment, most of it being turned to dust when the little girl was vaporized. Looking at it for a minute, he pocketed it and went back to the cargo bay, shotgun over his shoulder and pistol holstered, "Alright, I'm ready to ship out Captain."
    Posted by Qwathings (Member #370) on Fri May 07, 2004 9:43 pm
    Excellent.

**Bogure is silent once more as he gives his crew telepathic orders to transport him and Aliexster to the Interceptor. Within moments the general and his new ally vanish in an aura of shimmering light and appear aboard the Interceptor.**