Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corridors

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th January 2007, 11:05 PM
    Keegan was really disturbed by what he saw at the fire. He stood immobile for a long time staring.

Dede led the way up the corridor and ran swiftly scenting no Trullock at all. They arrived at the top in short order with only two switchbacks. The white zone shimmered there unseen from the bottom. A large building within. Dede turned a brilliant smile on Lan. "We MADE it!" She held out her hand to Lan and went toward the building.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 17th January 2007, 11:12 PM
    Jodie whooted when they reached the white zone and Dragar yawned. Lyndis was happy struck! "WE MADE IT!" Jodie sighed with relief.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 17th January 2007, 11:33 PM
    Maddie walked out of the canyon and stopped, just staring at the shimmering of light. "That's it? That's the so-called 'white zone'?!" she asked incredulously.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 17th January 2007, 11:46 PM
    Dede went into the building with Lan. She quickly spotted the large chest and ran to it. Opening it she smiled again and lifted out a white leather bound book exactly like the one they had found the night before. This time Dede took it for herself but to her joy she found another tucked under bags and boxes of supplies. She pulled out food and began to set it around knowing the others would be hungry when they arrived. A box of fruit and another of berries. Dede ran to a corner still lit with light from the setting sun and eagerly opened the book. 'Oh please let me read this... I know it's important...' she whispered.
    "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
    Dede was so excited she could read some more of the squiggly lines! She turned to Lan with joy in her eyes.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 12:01 AM
    Jodie smiled and ate some fruit. Lyndis yawned. Lyndis went to the chest and picked out a cat sized sword and it's sheeth and a belt. she put the things on and ate some fruit, then fell asleep. Dragar ate some berries and fruit and he too fell asleep.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 18th January 2007, 12:34 AM
    Lan smiled, but then turned to see Jodie and her gun. He went to Keegan.

"Don't you have a . . . what do you call them . . . guns? Don't you have a gun?" he asked wonderingly.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 12:35 AM
    Jacob followed Dede into the building, then stood staring at the two of them speculatively. He wanted to say something to Dede, but he didn't want anyone to overhear. He decided to talk about something else until Lan left. He WAS interested in the book; he just hoped Lan wasn't.
    Walking over to Dede, he asked, "Have you read more of the book? Does it seem to mean anything yet?" He crouched next to her, peering at the page.

When Lan left, he said slowly, "Dede, I need your help. I can give you anything... even your old form back, or this book in plain English. I must build a vampire army. You are the key, Dede. With my guidance, an army of vampires could enslave the Trullocks, and they could slave whatever manner of creature they fear. An army... bound together by telepathy, with an unbreakable chain of command. With that power, you could become anything - anything at all!" He looked into her eyes, his eyes almost glowing with eagerness. "A vampire, Dede... You didn't want to be one, but there is no greater power I have ever seen. You are nothing now, but the vampire is the master! You are a queen! Please, let me be your general."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 09:25 AM
    "General? As in Napoleon? Oh Jacob you are funny, but I'm serious. This is not fun being this way..." Dede answered with a slight frown. She had started to answer his other question about the book but then when he spoke of the other she giggled and patted his cheek.
    Dede had found a rifle but waited until Keegan came in. She gave it to him with a smile. "Here, don't say I never gave you anything..."
    Dede looked at Lan who had moved away from her. She sighed realizing no one wanted to be around her. Why would they? She needed their blood. Who would be next? Dede began to think about 'what she was' since Jacob had shared his plan. It made her sick when she thought about being forced to drink blood. She looked down at the book and nothing but squiggly lines met her eyes. She sighed unhappily and curled up in a corner. Her strength was leaving. She could not ask Keegan again... Dede began to shake as withdrawals began to seize hold of her. She was determined not to give in to it.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 11:57 AM
    Mirele had paused, staring at the carnage, then hurried on into the white zone. Now she sat off by herself, arms wrapped around her knees, head down.

Her gloves and jacket were on again, and despite the fact she felt stifled in them, she didn't take them off. She had seen enough death for one day, and didn't want the next decaying body to be by her hand.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 12:09 PM
    Keegan stood up and looked around at the group. "Is everyone here? Everyone okay?" He sat down on the edge of a long wooden seat.

"Those were alot of my friends down there, not all of them, I'm hoping some escaped. But NOW you see what the Trullocks are capable of. We are all of us in a world we don't understand how we got here but it has been thrust upon us none the less. If you want to strike out on your own... you won't last long but you are welcomed to. Our best hope is to stick together and work together." Keegan looked at Madison then turned to Mirele.

"I suggest you don't discount anyone. You better care about each other or none of us will make it. I don't want to be the leader of any group but I have a little more experience under my belt with this wacko world. So one of you thinks you can do better be my guest." Keegan looked at Jacob.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 12:15 PM
    Mirele looked up, looked Keegan in the eye, but didn't say anything aside from a muttered, "I wasn't planning on leaving." But her eyes said it all: fear, hopelessness, and above all else, I want to go home!
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th January 2007, 12:18 PM
    "Work together? That's a joke..." Maddie muttered under her breath as she leaned against the nearest wall. She refused to make eye contact with anyone and kept her gaze directed toward the floor.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 12:47 PM
    Dragar took up the floor space madison was looking at and Lyndis jumped on her shoulder. "We should do as he says, because if one of us doesn't it might be the death of us all!" Lyndis tried to explain. Jodie listened as she looked at Jacob, when Dede said Napolien, she'd almost burst out laughing.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 01:18 PM
    Jacob nodded. "I'm willing to take command, sir, but I will need to ask you questions from time to time. I've been wondering for a while - what exactly does trullock blood do to a vampire? I'm wondering if it might be acceptable... with proper preparation."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 01:25 PM
    Keegan looked at Jacob. "She would BE one of them... you really don't want that... or do you?" Keegan studied Jacob. Dede glared at both of them.
    "I don't want that. Why did I wake up like this and the rest of you are fine?" Dede was fuming. She was also beginning to tremble and shake again. She stayed curled up to try to minimize anyone noticing.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 01:45 PM
    "Thank you. Now, I think Dede needs blood." Jacob knelt down beside her and stretched his arm out in front of her. "Don't be afraid of this gift," he whispered, "However long you refuse me, I must preserve you. You will have to drink far more before this is over. But it will end."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 01:51 PM
    Dede stared at Jacob. She couldn't figure him out. He was after something that was clear. "I don't understand what you want..." Dede replied quietly trying to keep her eyes off of his arm.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 18th January 2007, 01:57 PM
    So? Maddie wanted to ask, but didn't. It doesn't concern me what happens to them. If they don't know how to care for themselves, that's THEIR problem. Maddie did her best to ignore Lyndis and Dragar, but was starting to find it hard to do.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 03:02 PM
    Dede wondered if Jacob was planning on killing her. She got the shivers when he said, "...it will end." He was tempting her though. She could feel the insatiable hunger within her, clouding her mind and making it harder to think. 'NO! I will not give in...' Dede fought and her trembling increased but she was able to close her eyes.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 03:34 PM
    Jodie went over to Keegan and whispered. "I can see through deception... and with that I've found that Jacob lies... i don't trust him..." she whispered so low only Keegan could hear.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 03:39 PM
    Jacob raised his voice slightly, to a hoarse whisper. "I do want something from you, but I'm not asking it in exchange for this bite! Take my blood, I can spare it, and you need it. Hurry up, I have more on my mind now than ever."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 03:45 PM
    Keegan looked at Jodie thoughtfully. "Really? Hmm... Dede looks a bit afraid of Jacob, but her desire will overcome it. We need to keep her fed but all of us need to take turns. Not something most Noobs are going to be agreeable with..." Keegan ran a hand through his hair and looked over at Dede. He could see the temptation of Jacob's arm tearing at her. He wished she would just go ahead but not feel obligated... it was the obligation Dede might feel that would put her in danger. Keegan sighed.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 03:51 PM
    Dede looked up at Jacob. She looked deep into his eyes Jacob felt pulled into the depths of hers.

The next thing Jacob remembered she looked up at him, her fangs dripping with his blood. Dede narrowed her eyes, smiling and licked the blood off. She leaned over and kissed Jacob on the cheek.
    "Thank you," she whispered sadly and sat back against the wall.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 03:57 PM
    "Yes i do think so... that's why i keep calling him a lying snake... one suggestion, don't leave him in charge of us again... Lan would be much better than a lying snake..." she whispered.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 04:05 PM
    Jacob scowled, wondering why he hadn't remembered what had happened. But of course it made sense - obviously a vampire had some sort of hypnotic power when looking into someone else's eyes. He would have to watch out for that, and make use if it.
    Jacob stood and turned to the others. "I hope to enslave the Trullocks. We can't feed Dede properly with them wandering around, but if we can get control of some of them, they can protect us from their kin and collect animals to feed Dede. Now, I need to know everyone's names and abilities. I know that Dede is a vampire and can do anything a vampire can do... and she" - Jacob pointed at Mirele - "can kill anything at a touch. Who else has superhuman abilities?"
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 04:07 PM
    "You don't agree with everyone else that I shouldn't be the leader?" Keegan asked raising an eyebrow as he looked at Jodie.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 04:40 PM
    "No! I think you're a great leader! But when you have to do something, and leave some one in charge, i was just saying don't leave 'Jacob in charge..." she explained. "See? See? Now he wants to know all our abilities!" Jodie whispered. "Putin in tame and if you ask me again I'll tell ya the same." Dragar answered Jacob. "Jodie. And I will not say my ability." she answered. "Lyndis. And the wolf's Dragar. And me and him are very fast when it comes to running. And we both have one super special move but we'd rather not say what it is." Lyndis said as she jumped down off of Maddie's shoulder.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 04:44 PM
    Keegan watched Jacob and smiled at Jodie's response. He watched to see who else would respond but didn't interfere. He moved around to get close to Dede again.
    "Hey... how are you feeling now?" He asked her. She looked up at him with a sheepish smile as he slid down to sit beside her.
    "I'm okay... I really hate this..." she whispered.
    "Do you? Are you sure?" Keegan asked her.
    "Yes, I'm sure. I'm a loathesome creature..."
    "Guess that's true of all of us in one way or another..." Keegan said. Dede studied him a moment.
    "Keegan, what would happen if... if I took blood from one person?"
    "That person would grow weaker until you took most of it then they would cease being human and... become like you," Keegan replied softly. Dede shook her head. "I must not doom any of you to that." Dede's reply came back instantly as she shuddered.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 04:45 PM
    Jacob looked down at her. "On the contrary, I plan to become a vampire as soon as we have an adequate blood supply. Don't you know that vampires live forever? You are not loathsome. You are simply out of place."

((I'd like to wait for Rolemaster, since Lan has superhuman powers. Or someone who saw him fight the Trullocks could volunteer the information, to speed things up.))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 04:51 PM
    Dede glared up at Jacob. "Who wants to live forever when its at the cost of every good living thing around you? This is horrible. I hate this! I hate what I am!" Dede snapped back, shocked by Jacob's assertion. "Demanding what isn't mine to take...it makes me a monster!" Dede cried out frowning.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 05:00 PM
    Jodie was silent, looking at them. Dragar yawned and looked at Dede, Keegan and the lying snake. Lyndis shrugged in a cat like way and watched Jacob, Keegan and Dede.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 06:16 PM
    "Only when it isn't yours to take." Jacob looked over at Jodie. "Lie detector, what are you up to now? Trying to monitor me? Or are you trying to steal my secrets?"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 06:18 PM
    Jodie glared at Jacob. "That's none of your buisiness!" she replied coldly. Dragar sighed.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 06:30 PM
    Dede looked intently at Jacob. "So you think that the people around you are yours...to take?" She asked in a shocked whisper. Keegan raised an eyebrow, a slight smile playing across his face, he leaned back looking at Jacob, waiting for his answer.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 06:36 PM
    Jacob grinned and turned to face Jodie completely. "It is my business when you pry into my business. Hmmm, I need to give you something to do." He looked over at Keegan. "Veteran... for one thing, I really need to know your name. Also, do you have enough guns for everyone, and will a bullet kill a trullock? We might want to build a ballista."
    He glanced back at Dede. "Just a minute."

((Everyone's talking to Jacob... I need to make sure I don't have him talk to everyone at once like we do OOC.))
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 06:45 PM
    Jodie glared at Jacob. "AND since when are you in charge here? KEEGAN is the one in charge!" her rapier was halfway out of it's sheath.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 06:45 PM
    "Name's Keegan. Trullocks don't die so easily... have to lop off their heads to kill them. Otherwise... they regenerate to a degree. Go the the cliff and look down... you should see some of them moving around down there in the canyon by now. No... bullets only stop them temporarily." Keegan replied crossing his arms and looking impassively at Jacob.

((he will answer when Jacob can hear him.))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 07:00 PM
    "Demanding what isn't mine to take...it makes me a monster!" Dede cried out frowning.

Mirele had returned to staring at the floor. "At least you can ask first," she muttered, not sure if anyone would hear. After that, she remained silent, listening to Keegan explain about Trullocks and hating her powers even more.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 07:01 PM
    Jacob glanced at Jodie. "Since Keegan offered to let someone else try, I think. Do you have any idea how to build a ballista? It's like a giant crossbow on wheels... you'll figure it out. Get the others to help. A cannon would be better, but we don't have the facilities." He looked back at Dede. "Let's see... you asked what makes the blood yours. If we offer you our blood, it is not monstrous to accept. If you have to buy the blood, do; it's yours as soon as you have permission. Keegan, are there any ordinary animals in the area? I'd say their blood is up for grabs. If we have a good deer population, we could operate a vampire colony off just that."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 07:01 PM
    "I AM NOT FOLLOWING YOUR ORDERS!" she snapped at Jacob. she ent to Keegan. "I am following Keegan and not a lying snake in the grass!" Dragar went over to Keegan and yawned. Lyndis went over to Jodie, Dragar and Keegan. "Me too!" Lyndis said.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 07:19 PM
    Dede heard Mirele and turned to study her. She got up and let Jodie and Jacob fuss. She went to stand near Mirele.
    "I guess you are one of the only ones that can understand how awful this is. How long have you been here in this place? Cumula I mean..."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 07:22 PM
    Mirele looked up.

"Just since yesterday. I think it was sometime in the evening or something? Maybe late afternoon?" She shrugged. "You?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 07:32 PM
    "Not much longer than that..." Dede sighed.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 07:35 PM
    Mirele nodded and looked away for a minute. "I don't get it. Everyone else got cool powers--if they got them at all--and then there's...us."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 07:53 PM
    Jodie glared at Jacob.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 07:56 PM
    "Yeah... I've been thinking about that too Mirele... I wonder... what about us gave us these powers...??" She responded tapping her lip thoughtfully with a finger.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 07:59 PM
    Mirele shrugged. "No idea. I don't remember anything before I came here, so I couldn't tell you. But if I could just remember what happened before Cumula...." She shook her head. "Maybe we committed heinous crimes in wherever we're from. Like, felonies or something."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 08:02 PM
    "Hmm maybe so... maybe the book has our answers..." Dede held up the white leather bound book. "I remember it's the Bible... I used to read it...I remember some things... but not everything... really is a drag."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 08:03 PM
    "What a childish sentiment... go where it's safe! If we stay here, Dede starves. We must subvert a trullock. I am capable of mind control, but I will need a lot of help." He looked at her sternly. "We must take no chances. Your power will be useful as a safeguard."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 08:06 PM
    Mirele took the Bible from Dede and stared at it. "I think I remember it, too." She opened it, but could only make out a few words. Sighing in frustration, she closed it again. "Yeah. The one thing that coulda told us something is encoded or something."
    ...to the topTop

Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 08:08 PM
    "I've been thinking about that too... I think we all need to keep trying to read it... before you all got up here when Lan I and were here alone... I asked for help reading it and then... I read a whole line!"
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 08:11 PM
    Mirele turned and faced Dede, smiling slightly. "That's awesome! Now if only we could read more than that at once...." She opened the Bible again, but made out no more than before. "If only..."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 08:14 PM
    "Maybe we all need to work at it!" Dede said with a gasp of happy inspiration.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 08:17 PM
    Mirele was about to agree, but then looked up at the rest of the group. Most everyone else looked ready and willing to start a small-scale civil war. "Yeah...that is, if we can get them to work together for longer than two seconds without killing each other." She stared at the page again, then showed it to Dede. "I think this word is anger, what do you think?"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 08:47 PM
    Jodie was still glaring. "I am not going to help you!" she said. Dragar snorted in agreement and Lyndis meowed her agreenment with Jodie.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 08:55 PM
    Jacob shook his head. "Do not interfere then." He turned away, muttering, "Dumb animals, echoing everything their master says. Funny that cat can talk." He then walked over to Dede and Mirele, just in time to hear Mirele suggest a word. >The word is "anger"< "I can help you. My ability and Jodie's can force truth out of nothing. Mirele, you should now know for sure whether that word is what you thought it was. We can even go through letter by letter without having to think about it, if you like."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 09:02 PM
    "Rrrrrrrrr" Lyndis's hair went up and Dragar growled. "Jodie is not our master! But she's out friends and she's a whole lot smarter then you are!" Dragar said, growling. "OF COURSE I CAN TALK YOU DUMBO! AND MY NAME IS LYNDIS!" Lyndis said angrily.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 09:03 PM
    Mirele shrugged at Jacob's suggestion that they go through it letter by letter. "Sounds kinda...tedious."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 09:32 PM
    "I agree. There has to be a reason this book is left inside the white zones! Why would they leave us food, provisions for our safety AND this book? Nope there has to be a greater reason for this book to be there. We are missing something. I can... I can just FEEL it. I can't explain why... I just feel it," Dede said adamantly. She looked over at Keegan, the wheels turning in her mind.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 09:43 PM
    Mirele nodded and kept staring at the same page, wishing she could read it. Do...not...let...something something anger... "Well, if it's so important, why didn't they leave us something to decode it? Or in a language we could read?"
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 09:50 PM
    "The book probably says why it was left in the white zones. However, any means of translating this book is going to be tedius."
    Jacob scanned the area for trullock minds. One a mile north, one half a mile east. Perfect. "For now, let's go enslave our first trullock - get the plan started. We can make a few trullocks mull over this book and tell us what it says rather than bore ourselves about it." He then sent a message to the entire group, Jodie included although he didn't figure it would do any good: >Jacob wants you each to get a gun if you don't already have one and meet at the eastern edge of the white zone<

((Whoops, I just found a place where Jodie told everyone what Jacob's name was. So everyone who arrived before Jacob would know his name, as would Lan.
    Is there an ample supply of guns? Keegan has one, so does Jodie... Lan asked for one, and got no response.))
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 09:51 PM
    Jodie looked at Mirele. "Hmmmm good question!" she said to Mirele, she also remembered the bible, a little bit. She ignored Jacob's message.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 10:12 PM
    "I can read it fine... but not all of it... look at Keegan though, he thinks it's BLANK!"

((OOC note: Yes there is another gun in the chest and a rifle which Dede removed and has hidden.))
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 18th January 2007, 10:16 PM
    "Yeah...I can read it OK, too. I mean, I can kind of make out a few words."

"Look at Keegan though, he thinks it's BLANK!"

Mirele looked up, surprised. "How can he think it's blank? I mean, it's covered in squiggles, but it's not blank."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 10:20 PM
    "Maybe he can't see?" Dragar suggested, he'd come up in front of them and whispered. Lyndis was next to Dragar. "Do you ever stop with the jokes?!?" Lyndis asked seriously.
    "No." he answered as he yawned, this made Lyndis even more upset. "OOOOOOOOO!" she said as she walked towards Jodie. She flicked her tail which meant, your dismissed!
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 10:53 PM
    "Exactly my point Mirele... exactly. But the way Keegan said it...I think he believes it. I don't think he sees...ANYTHING," She responded...still thinking.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 10:58 PM
    Dragar nodded. Lyndis yawned and curled up next to Keegan and Jodie, on a chair.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 11:05 PM
    Dede looked up at Jacob. "No Jacob... I'm not leaving the White Zone right now," Dede answered him. The thought of going to face the Trullocks when they knew they were not able to really kill them except by lopping off their heads, made Dede adamant about not going after them. She could see the bulging muscles of those she had been close to in the canyon. Dede could still remember the sight most of them probably hadn't gone on to see... the half devoured human remains at the fire... Dede fought the urge to throw up again at the mere thought of it.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 11:25 PM
    Jacob looked out beyond the white zone speculatively. Could he take on the trullock alone? No one else seemed to be respecting his authority... probably they had only respected Keegan for the sake of survival.
    He went to the building and rooted around in the chest, coming up with one gun. One gun... all those people he called wouldn't have been able to arm themselves anyway. He walked to the east and stopped by Keegan, carrying the gun in his left hand and the sword in his right. "I'm going to try to subvert a trullock alone. I could use an extra gun in case things get nasty. Are you willing to come along? The others are too interested in that book."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 11:32 PM
    "Well I'm not going to help you that's for sure!" Jodie said to Jacob.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 18th January 2007, 11:41 PM
    Keegan sighed and looked at Jacob. "Jacob, you may not like me, you may think I'm an idiot, fine but please listen to me. I know these creatures. If you are using some way to reach their minds...don't. They are deceptive. You don't understand what you are dealing with. You go out there now and they will lead you on until it is too late...very few have ever escaped them alive." Keegan looked straight at Jacob.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 11:44 PM
    ((She's somewhere else and he isn't talking to her... she shouldn't respond! She's probably even out of earshot, and he isn't lying, so she might not know he was even saying anything.))

Jacob stopped thoughtfully. He felt sure he could do this... but then he didn't know Trullocks. No one did.
    "I can feel minds... I can give them the chance to become my slave, and I can tell when they refuse. Could their minds possibly heal from my influence? How long might it take?" The wheels in Jacob's mind began turning as he thought about how to take advantage of an enslaved trullock without risking himself. "Thank you for your advice, Keegan - I will not trust the creature however much control I have over it. But I want to try this." HE continued into the forest, tracking the Trullock mind. He carefully measured the distance, stepping lightly. When he knew that the trullock would not be able to escape a few well-placed bullets, followed by a sword to the neck, he sent two messages to it. >If you do not submit to me, I will kill you< >You will do whatever I want you to do<
    Because of the distance and obstacles between them, he hoped that the trullock would not know what or where he was. If it knew he was a human, it might be more reluctant to obey.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 18th January 2007, 11:56 PM
    ((?????? she's right by Keegan! like right next to him so she'd hear! and no, he didn't lie. but she's saying she won't help him!))
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 18th January 2007, 11:57 PM
    ((I thought she went over by Dede... They were somewhere else, weren't they? Oh well, sorry about that.))
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 12:00 AM
    ((u are confusing me.... >.<))
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 12:01 AM
    ((oh.... she was over by Dede and Mirele... i forgot to say she wnet back to where Keegan was.... >.<))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 12:03 AM
    Jacob's mind met three things, total chaotic evil, hunger and amusement. The hounds started up between him and the White Zone.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 12:11 AM
    In accordance with his threat, Jacob stepped out into plain view and fired the gun at the creature's head and rapidly recocking it. He felt hollow inside... his great plan had failed, there was no way to feed a vampire. He could not live forever.
    His mind filled with spite, and he answered the creature with the same as he had gotten: a press of malice. Bitterly, he fired two more shots into the creature. The hound minds were clear to him, and they seemed petty... so small compared with what he had lost, and what he was facing. He weighed the evil down on the hounds' mind as well, channeling the evil that he got from the trullock and the malice from his own heart. Some of the hounds began attacking each other, and others ran in random directions, giving up the coordinated assault for a mad, malicious dash at anything they could find.

((That's his "subvert weak-minded creatures" ability... I finally got it into the story!))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 10:24 AM
    Dede handed Keegan the rifle and cartridges after watching him pace the door for ten minutes after Jacob left. "I'm coming with you. You will need my senses."

Keegan looked at her and sighed. "I ought to let him die out there, stubborn fool."
    "We won't though...because it just doesn't seem right," Dede responded. She took one of the swords and opened to door.

"If we don't come back, the next white zone is ten miles to the north. Follow this ridge and it will lead you there." Keegan told Lan and Jodie. He nodded to Dede. "Let's go see if we can bring him back."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 11:08 AM
    ((I hope you don't mind me deciding when the trullock dies))

Jacob ran forward, pumping two more bullets into the trullock. It toppled to the ground, and he stood over it for an instant, communicating at an instantaneous rate through his ability and the channeled stream of evil. In that instant, they struck a sort of bargain - not a contract in the manner of humans, but simply an acknowledgment that they had a shared purpose.
    Jacob beheaded the monster in five strokes, then rolled the head twenty feet away from the body for good measure. He then headed back toward the white zone, with a new emptiness in his heart that quickly turned to malice. "Book that controls the world, I declare war on you. This world of yours... I am going to destroy it."
    Focusing on the hounds, he turned them again, driving them away from each other. They could cause more pain by living.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 19th January 2007, 11:29 AM
    "I am coming too." Lan called, the first thing he's said in a while. "I can help you with my power." He glanced back at Mirele, almost to assure himself that she was still there, and then he followed DeDe and Keegan.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 11:37 AM
    Dede scented the hounds first and told Keegan and Lan. The hounds would turn and hunt them before they could get to Jacob. Dede looked at Keegan. "What do we do now?" She asked.
    Keegan swore. "There is NOTHING we can do. We can't help him then. Let's head back." Dede nodded sadly looking in the direction she smelled Jacob's scent. His scent was strong since she had his blood scent as well. She sighed.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 11:42 AM
    Jacob walked past the hounds untouched. He was one of them; in fact, he was the source of their evil. Nothing he had turned would touch him.
    He detected two minds coming out of the white zone. He didn't know who they were, but told both of them >I want you to bring me the book<
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 12:04 PM
    Dede was heading back into the white zone when she heard Jacob's demand. She was confused. "Why?" Went through her mind...
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 12:10 PM
    ((Well, he can't read minds, so he won't get that... that was part of his reason for wanting to become a vampire, so that he could read the minds of other vampires.))

Jacob passed the hounds and sighted the white zone. The sight of it sent shivers up his spine. He saw Dede and Keegan entering the white zone, and he shouted to them. "Hello! Were you coming after me?"
    Some hounds charged at Dede and Keegan. Jacob couldn't do anything about that.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 12:16 PM
    Dede ran for the white zone but Keegan was pushing her. He knocked her and Lan well past the light, leaping in as well. He turned to look out at Jacob. Dede saw Keegan was white and there was fear on his face.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th January 2007, 12:21 PM
    Maddie remained where she was for a few more minutes and then slipped out the door. Her mind was reeling around the information Keegan had given them. 10 miles to the north? Just follow this ridge? I wonder if I could make it there on my own... she thought as she gazed northward, not paying much attention to anything around her.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 02:31 PM
    They know what I have done. Jacob strode purposefully forward, bringing the gun up. >Submit to me, or I will kill you< >You will do whatever I want you to do< Jacob directed at Dede and Keegan the same ultimatum that he had used against the trullock.. He slowed to a stop within a few yards of the edge, his skin crawling. Come, serve me; I must destroy everything. I must reach beyond this barrier.
    Jacob pushed his malice at Dragar and Lyndis. They were quite bright animals, but they could not have the will of a human. Perhaps he could turn them.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 02:43 PM
    Dragar and Lyndis got ready to fight in the whitezone and said, "WE WILL NOT SERVE YOU!" Dragar Lyndis yelled as loud as they could.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 03:06 PM
    "Creepy, isn't it? Those beasts have that statement pounded so deep into their minds that they say it every time I twitch." Jacob kept his sword at the ready, but what he really cared about was Dede and Keegan's response - especially Dede's. Several of the evil hounds went after Jodie. Jacob pushed his spite into Jodie mind - if those animals could resist, she certainly could, but it would interfere with her thoughts.
    The trullock to the north moved southward, lending support. Jacob's press of malice grew stronger.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 03:11 PM
    "Jacob?!" Dede called to him looking back at him standing outside the white zone but there was something different about him. He scared her now but still remembered his sacrifice for her. Keegan grabbed Dede's arm. "NO! The Trullocks have turned him..." Dede kept looking at Jacob.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 03:23 PM
    "The trullock is dead. So am I." They had both refused his ultimatum. Everyone seemed to be doing that. In accordance with his threat, he took rapid aim for Keegan's chest and fired. "I have found immortality! I have finally taken control of something. The trullocks are willing to fuel my power." He looked at Dede, considering. "The white zone is painful. That I hadn't expected. Submit, Dede, and I will return to my original plan. But this time I will be king." Jacob was now six feet tall. He turned the gun to point at Dede, taking a sideways step away from Jodie.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 03:32 PM
    OOC NOTE: Jodie cannot run out to them past the white light they are INSIDE. Lan, Keegan and Dede dove into the white zone.

Dede had anticipated Jacob and stepped in front of Keegan. It was Dede whose chest suddenly sprouted the red blood. "Jacob..." Dede frowned at him from within the shimmering white curtain and collapsed. Keegan caught her with one arm and brought up the rifle with the other, firing a round into Jacob. At the same time he was yelling, "EVERYONE back inside the building! NOW!"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 03:47 PM
    Jodie drew her own gun. She ran into the building. Dragar ran after her. "Oh did i miss something?" Knight asked. "OF COURSE YOU MISSED SOMETHING! RUN LIZZARD BRAIN!" she said to Knight. "Oh!" Lyndis and Knight ran into the building after Jodie and Dragar.

OOC note: okies i edited my last post... before i didn't understand where they were exacally...
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 04:45 PM
    Blood sprouted from Jacob's chest and he dropped to his knees, recocking the gun and firing again at Keegan. More trullocks appeared at the edge of his scanning area, but he could no longer determine their physical position from how he perceived their minds. Jacob slumped, channeling the combined vileness of the three trullocks into the minds of everyone within the white zone. But it was the book that he really hated... the book, that defeated the power of the trullocks and hid its power from him. He turned his hatred against the two books in the building. Their was a mind behind those books, but it didn't even wince.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 04:54 PM
    One of the Trullocks that was approaching Jacob was the Bull. He instructed the two females to lift and carry Jacob and they started off down the path to the west, running parallel to the path below them through the canyon and back to the forest the group had come through earlier in the day.

The Bull brought them to a halt at a campsite where several injured Trullocks sat nursing wounds and drinking the muddy swill from the skins. One of the females forced Jacob to drink from the skin. Then she knelt by him and slathed something black into the wound.

"You...bring him." The Bull rumbled at the female. She threw Jacob over her massive shoulder and dumped him in front of the Bull, the one Dede had called Mr. Horns.
    "Why did you shoot at our prey?" He asked looking directly at Jacob.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 05:01 PM
    ((What? It's going to be weird if Jacob turns out to be meaner than the trullocks.))

"Why do you not do everything in your power to destroy them, whatever the cost? I have seen into one of your minds. We are in agreement. Nothing must remain."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 05:24 PM
    The Bull shook his head. "You cannot be Trullock until the red moon rises." His arms were crossed over his massively over-muscled chest, his black eyes drilled into Jacob. "Help us herd our new sheep to Trullock Pass for the Blood Celebration, I will make you Trullock. Do not and we will feed upon you next." The Bull grunted as he stared at Jacob. Here was a mind that was more cunning than the others... a leader but so evil and wicked Jacob might even have been shocked.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 05:57 PM
    "What! An initiation? Or you will kill me? That is the same thing I told your cow. It does not work. You are weak. I do not choose to become one more hapless barbarian, pursuing the great ones from fortress to fortress. No more skulking around, no more retreating before the light." Jacob began to push his life's story into the minds of the trullocks. "You are the key, but you waste your power on the hunt. No more initiations, no more turning the mind aside for the sake of unity. The darkness will unite under many masters." Jacob's seven-foot body began to recede as he forced his mind to work again. "Strength is not sufficient in the face of my kindred. It is time for the war of the world's end!"
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 19th January 2007, 06:13 PM
    Maddie reluctantly returned inside the building with the others. All she wanted to do was be on her way to the next white zone, but common sense was starting to prevail over her distrust of the others. As soon as she was back inside, she leaned against the wall, sulking and refusing to make eye contact with anyone.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 06:15 PM
    "now do you see why i called him a lying snake?" she asked everyone, looking at each one of them. "I can see through deception so i knew a lot of times when he was lying..." she finished looking down at the floor. Her green hair got in her eyes and she brushed it aside.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 06:30 PM
    Jacob felt a 'sledge-hammer like' blow from behind. The female snarled. "He called me a COW!" She screamed, drool and spittle slipping down her chin in her fury. She looked more wolf-like but definitely mutant. Her hulking misshappen form still had amazing strength.

"No... don't kill this one. I think we can use him. His own estimation of his intellect may be useful."
    The female swore violently and kicked at Jacob.
    "I'm not treating him anymore."
    "Not a problem. Tell Greta to get in here, she can oversee him for now." The Bull stared at Jacob and smiled.

Dede's chest was bleeding badly. She looked up at Keegan and Lan. "Wow... feel really strange..." Keegan picked Dede up and carried her to the chest and laid her down on top of it. Dede shivered and closed her eyes.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 06:37 PM
    Jodie did not like Jacob at all. Knight yawned. Lyndis didn't like Knight at all. Dragar scowled and looked at Dede.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th January 2007, 07:58 PM
    After the others left, Mirele stayed where she was and sank to the floor. She watched Maddie leave without comment.

Keegan and the others, minus Jacob, dove into the white zone, Dede's chest bleeding. Mirele stood, but stayed back a safe distance. "What happened?"
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 08:10 PM
    Jacob looked at the female in horror. "Is she the one I killed?" he yelled, wondering if cutting off the head wouldn't even kill them.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 08:21 PM
    Jodie went over to Dede. "Do you know anything about herbs, Keegan?" she asked as she looked him.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 19th January 2007, 08:39 PM
    "I do," Lan replied to the question directed at the other man. "but I don't know if this knowledge would work in this world." He felt the knowledge of Herbs and Medicine, but he knew not where it came from.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 19th January 2007, 08:46 PM
    Lan cursed and spun to look at Jacob. He stared at the Trullock called Bull, thinking about his next possible move. He embraced the One Power, weaving a thread of Fire with a thread of Air. Immediately he raised his hand, palm up, and a small, rough sphere of rock six inches wide appeared in his hand. When he weaved a Water thread, the rock lurched from his palm to hover nearly seven inches from his hand. He did not tie the threads off; there would be one more thread he would add.

"Jacob. You betrayed us." Lan said, his voice like ice. His hood was pulled up, creating a dark hole where his head should be, despite the light, but two small red dots marked his pupils as he wove with the One Power.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 09:06 PM
    "No... you killed the mate of Slicer. He will undoubtedly be upset with you for that. Speaking of which, tell me of my new herd. I am interested to know more." The Horned Bull looked at Jacob and his mind was like a cold dark hole when Jacob tried to touch it.

Dede stopped breathing. Keegan yelled and struck her chest. "NO more death! NO!" Keegan yelled frantically grabbing Dede and shaking her.

Dede's eyes fluttered and she saw curtains and white sheets and... she was in a hospital room...but then...

Dede opened her eyes and saw a light all around her. All she could do was whimper, "I'm sorry..." A voice responded. "Then turn away from what was..."
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 19th January 2007, 09:31 PM
    Byar watched helplessly as Keegan tried to help Dede. His eyes still half-watched the Trullocks and Jacob, ready to tear their chests open with a soon fireball if any moved. He did not fully understand what was going on, but he was fully ready to kill them.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 09:39 PM
    ((Lan not Byar rolemaster))

Jodie paniced. She looked at Keegan helplessly. Dragar was panicing too. LYndis was panicing, they all were panicing!
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th January 2007, 09:42 PM
    Eyes wide, Mirele walked toward Dede and Keegan, heart pounding. Don't let her die, she thought, then thought of helping her--for two seconds. Thenshe remembered that she killed everything she touched. WHY?! she mentally raged at whoever might be listening. Why do I have to be this way? I hate it! Hate it!

Mirele leaned against the nearest wall, tears falling silently down her cheeks.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 09:47 PM
    Dragar and Lyndis's ears went down as they came closer towards Dede and Keegan. Jodie ran to Keegan and Dede, tears in her eyes. Knight realized what was happening, and walked towards Lyndis and Dragar.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 10:11 PM
    Keegan held the still form in his arms and stared out into the darkness like a man baffled by everything he saw. Bewilderment and anguish filled his face but he would not speak. He was locked in a maelstorm of memory that would not release him. Dede was not the first that had died in his arms.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 19th January 2007, 10:30 PM
    "NO!" Jodie cried. Dragar was furious and growling like never before. He turned to see Jacob, and was about to go and try to kill him when LYndis jumped in front of him. "DON"T! If you do we'll have two deaths to worry about!" Lyndis meowed. Knight yawned, then noticed Dede was dead, his ears went down and his face took on a sad expression. Dragar went over to the box and laid down beside it, seething at Jacob. Lyndis went over to madison and jumped on her shoulder.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 19th January 2007, 10:38 PM
    Mirele heard enough of what was going on to not need to open her eyes. Dede was dead. She repeated it to herself once more to assure herself it was really true, and still wasn't completly convinced. Dede had been alive not even an hour ago! Mirele wiped her tears away with a gloved hand, but they kept falling.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 19th January 2007, 10:39 PM
    Lan's eyes filled with fury. He subconsciously weaved a Fire into the rock, causing it to ignite. By adding numerous Fire threads, the flame became larger, and hotter. The rock was harder than any stone also, it was created by the Power. He finished quickly and wrapped an Air thread around the stone and threw it at Jacob. The rock spun quickly and flew like a bullet towards Jacob.

He turned as he threw the rock, he spoke to Keegan, without even turning. "Put her down, Keegan. We will all grieve later. For now, we must take care of what must be taken care of." His eyes watched the rock fly toward Jacob...
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 19th January 2007, 11:36 PM
    ((Jacob left while you were gone... no way am I going to post having him fight back right after posting with him in a different place altogether. Just leave him with the trullocks for now.))

"Your new herd? You want them all to become trullocks? I apologize for killing one, then. I killed the vampire for the same reason that I killed the trullock. But it will slow their progress with the book." His eyes narrowed. "I am not sure you have much time. Keegan, who has been here a long time, has little interest in the book whose power repels even trullocks - but some of the others have been reading it. Have you ever attempted to destroy that book?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 19th January 2007, 11:48 PM
    The Trullock's pulled Jacob's unconscious form away and began to stomp back to the campsite. The Bull, was thrilled to be away from that obnoxious light! It always made him antsy and testy. He was pleased though that he now had a prisoner that knew about 'his sheep'. This one was smart and would not be easy to deal with as so many others were. The Bull was interested to find out how the group had been able to avoid his camped group that were waiting for them? The cage would be nearly empty and that wouldn't do... they needed to restock it with fresh prey.
    He looked at Jacob and smiled. Yes this one would be intriguing. He seemed to have a whole new plan worked out.

Dede gasped and opened her eyes. "Keegan?" She whispered. Keegan nearly jumped out of his skin but looked down. "Dede? B...but you were... well you were...dead..." Dede smiled. "It appears I am a vampire. Hard to kill critters vampires are." Dede giggled softly. She was weak though.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th January 2007, 12:04 AM
    Mirele looked up. "Y-you're OK? B-b-b-but..."

"Hard to kill critters vampires are."

"Good point," Mirele said with a wry smile.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 12:07 AM
    Jodie looked up and almost jumped through the roof, but she did jump up in the air and fall on her face. Her face nose was bleeding. "D-D-D-Dede??!?!" she was very shocked. Dragar, Lyndis and Knight were happy struck! "HORRAY!" they shouted. Jodie went over to Dede. "We all thought you were dead! Don't almost get killed again!" she scolded teasingly.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 20th January 2007, 01:59 AM
    Lan smiled and backed away to a wall. He stood there watching everything. He seemed almost stunned.

((OOC: I am assuming that Jacob left,,, right Brilliand?))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 12:04 PM
    "Very tired...very weak..." Dede whispered. "Lay down and rest." Keegan smiled then turned to look at the large chest he had laid Dede on with careful attention. He rubbed at the stubble on his chin. The wheels were turning.
    Posted by Mewtwo (Member #167059) on 20th January 2007, 01:18 PM
    Hadilet stood beside Dede. He didn't know what was going on!
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 01:22 PM
    Jodie smiled brightly. Knight and Lyndis were dancing. Dragar nodded happily.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 02:04 PM
    I want to be immortal, but I don't dare become a trullock as long as there is anything they need fear. They must destroy the book... can they? I must convince them to try. We will see if the book can defend itself.
    Jacob reached with his mind back into the white zone where the others were. Since he knew where to look, he could look farther than if he were randomly scanning. He went through the minds, counting them... it seemed another noob had joined the group to replace Dede. Or perhaps Dede had survived? He thought back to vampire lore... you had to shoot them in the heart to kill them. He couldn't remember where the bullet had hit.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 02:18 PM
    Keegan looked at Hadilet and Lan. "Would one of you let Dede feed before we start out tomorrow? If we switch off... I think we can keep her going. I'm just not sure how long we can keep it up. She isn't requiring much. So far I could probably continue to do it by myself for several more days maybe even weeks but I don't want to take a chance of growing too weak myself." Keegan explained to both of them. He looked over at Jodie, Maddie and Mirele.

The Bull Trullock led Jacob to a campsite about four miles away. For a long time he said nothing finally he looked over at Jacob. "I will answer but first let me explain something. NEVER kill one of the herd without my approval. I was interested in the one you killed. I hope for your sake, she survives. It is very possible here in Cumula she will survive."
    "No...we have not tried to destroy the book, why would we? What value is there in the pages of a blank book? The book was a ruse to get us confused."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 02:22 PM
    "...." Jodie went over to where Keegan and Dede were. "I will." she answered.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th January 2007, 02:22 PM
    Mirele shrugged. "I-I don't think I'd be of much help...I-I might kill her if she touched me."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 02:31 PM
    Jacob shook his head. "I have seen the pages of that book... I have used my powers upon it, in more ways than one. It has a meaning, it has a life, and I am sure that it creates the white zones. We must destroy the books." Then something registered in his mind. "A ruse... by who? Who would go to such trouble to confuse you?"

((I looked this up on the Internet, wondering how many people it would take to feed Dede. A human adult has an average of ten pints of blood and can only donate one pint every fifty-six days. We could do it more often in this story, since the government adds a safety margin, but I think we could only give Dede blood twice every four weeks or so. So about fourteen people could keep her going.))
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 02:59 PM
    *OOC note: Dede doesn't require as much blood. A small amount keeps her going.*

"By the ones who provide the white zones and the food within the boxes..." The Bull grinned at Jacob. A very odd and frightening expression on his features.

When they arrived in the Trullock camp, Jacob saw tents. Hounds and Trullocks lounged about the camp many of the Trullocks obviously drunk. A wagon enclosed on three sides with a steel gate across the fourth sat nearby. Several despondant-looking humans looked out from the bars at Jacob. Their eyes were dull and hopeless for the most part. One man looked hopefully at Jacob but then shook his head and disappeared into the depths of the cage on wheels.

One of the females that had been walking with them ran forward and grabbed a skin. The one who possessed the skin laughed uproariously as she pushed him back down with her foot. The brownish sludge dribbled down her chin as she chugged it's contents.

The other female checked the wound on Jacob and smiled. "He will live." She announced with a sly twisted smile and licked her lips. The Bull shoved her aside.
    "This one stays with me for now."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 03:07 PM
    Lyndis realized she was dancing with Knight and bashed him on the head, then ran off, seething. "Was it something i said? Furball throat?" Knight smiled as he said it. Lyndis stopped and turned around. "Why you... OVER GROWN LIZZARD BRAIN!" Lyndis chased Knight. "HELP!" Knight cried as he dodged a blow and kept running.

Dragar sighed. "Do you two ever stop?" Lyndis was to busy chasing Knight to hear Dragar. Knight went off into some bushes and out of the white zone. Lyndis didn't know where he was going and she didn't care. She went back into the building.

Tuxedo Cat was spying on the Trullocks from a distance so they wouldn't see. He saw Jacob and grimaced. He retreated to wherever he was going. Jodie yawned.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 03:23 PM
    Jacob studied the prisoners for a few seconds, then looked back at the bull trullock. "Who is this that is able to provide something you are unable to enter?"
    So hopeless... some of them would give anything to be rid of this, to forget what is happening to them. >I can take this away... I can make you forget all of this< >You will do whatever i want you to do<
    Jacob sent his messages into the minds of the prisoners. Making puppets of the helpless wasn't a large step, but it would come in handy if he ever found a way to reverse the direction of his ability.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 20th January 2007, 03:35 PM
    "I can help her too." Lan offered.

He paused.

"I was wondering," he started, trying to put it as delicately as possible, minding his tongue. "if Dede died, would she be returned to her past life? Then she would recieve her wish of halting the vampire."
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 03:35 PM
    The despondant looked upon their new 'leader' with dull eyes. They would do what this man said...and maybe he would end up like them...only one continued to watch Jacob with interest.

The Bull shrugged at Jacob's question. "Whoever it is that operates this place. That trapped us all here." He glared at Jacob. "Yeah, I am one of the few Trullocks that can remember..."

A pale light surrounded Dede almost invisible to the naked eye and only if you were not looking directly at it would you see its faint appearance.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 03:37 PM
    Originally Posted by rolemaster
    "I can help her too." Lan offered.

He paused.

"I was wondering," he started, trying to put it as delicately as possible, minding his tongue. "if Dede died, would she be returned to her past life? Then she would recieve her wish of halting the vampire."
    Keegan looked at Lan thoughtfully. "Hmm...maybe... I'm not sure."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 03:49 PM
    Jacob immediately kept his word, informing them that he wanted them to believe everything he put into their minds, then burying the prisoners' memories and souls in separate places beyond the reach of their senses. They would feel nothing, think nothing, remember nothing until he undid his work. Until then, their bodies would be as much under his control as his own was.
    Concentrating on his work on the prisoners, Jacob faltered in his attention on the bull trullock, and seemed to faint. He recovered in a few seconds, however.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 03:55 PM
    Jodie yawned. She liked Dede as a friend, even though she was a vampire. She remembered what they said about Keegan... "I think he is a few bricks shy of a load..." Dede had whispered. "I think he's a few fries short of a happy meal..." she had answered. Then Dragar and his humor came in... "Personally, i think he's a weirdo."

Jodie burst out laughing remembering that! Dragar knew what she was laughing about and he laughed a wolf's laugh.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 20th January 2007, 06:24 PM
    Laughing animals...evil barbaric mutant cows...people dying and then coming back to life....How weird could this place get? Mirele groaned softly and sank to the floor, still leaning against a wall, and buried her head in her hands.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 06:28 PM
    Lyndis yawned. Dragar fell asleep. Jodie was so tired she fell asleep standing up. Knight came back secretly and curled up.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 07:40 PM
    The Trullock stood watching Jacob with interest, one thickset eyebrow raised as he studied him.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 08:15 PM
    "So you too were a human brought here from... somewhere else? And you became a trullock on your own?" Jacob wondered if the trullock was suspicious, but he wasn't worried. He hadn't been looking at the prisoners when he took over their minds. There was nothing to indicate what had made him faint. Thoughtfully, he continued, "And the book hides its words from you, just as it does for Keegan."
    Jacob dearly wanted to read the book now... and why not? He didn't need the book. He just needed the words. Being careful not to faint this time, Jacob began to plan more commands for the prisoners.
    The conversation with the bull trullock was beginning to become an annoyance.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 08:37 PM
    Jodie woke up and got in a chair that folded back into a bed like thing, then fell asleep again.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 08:46 PM
    A skin was brought in with the foul looking liquid. The Bull looked at Jacob. Two Trullocks stood on either side of the tent flap watching.
    "Drink." It was not a request. He crossed his massive arms over his equally massive chest.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 09:06 PM
    Jacob complied, figuring that the results of drinking it couldn't be as bad as the results of disobeying. Sipping the skin distractedly, he reversed his earlier order to believe everything he sent to the prisoners. >I want you to remember some of the words of the book that is found at every White Zone< Here he focused on each of the five prisoners under his control individually, giving them separate instructions. >The part of the book I want you to remember is the twenty words at the start, then skipping eighty words and remembering the twenty words after that, repeatign continually<... He staggered the prisoners across an interval of 100 words, so that their intersected memories would include the entire book. >Whenever I send you a lie, I want you to disbelieve it immediately<
    >Your first letter is A< >Your next letter is B< >Your next letter is C< Jacob began looping through the alphabet rapidly, sending his messages to all the prisoners at once.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 09:45 PM
    "MORE!" demanded the Bull.

Dede awoke after the light faded and looked around. She did not need to feed! She didn't feel weak! She felt... fine. She smiled and tried not to disturb the sleeping group as she found a candle and lighter in the box. With care she burned the bottom of the candle onto the stone and set the candle on it to read by. Slumping down she continued her efforts to read the book. Curious she opened it up to the inside and began to read something entitled, John. "Please...help me understand this book!" Dede pleaded in a quiet whisper.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 10:56 PM
    Jacob grimaced. The drink didn't taste very good, but he didn't want to get the bull trullock mad. He tipped it up and guzzled the foul stuff, almost chocking himself. He had already been slowing down in his feed of letters, but now he lost track, repeating >Your next letter is B< five times and leaving one of the prisoners out the last time. In a burst of concentration, he tried to correct it, but he couldn't rmember what came after B. Realizing that anything would be better than repeating the same letter over and over, he picked something else, half-dazedly. >Your next letter is Elf< Glancing over at the prisoners, he suddenly couldn't remember why he was telling them this. Throwing the skin at them, he shouted, "Elf! Elf!" He then pointed at the bull trullock, yelling at the top of his lungs, "Your next letter is shelf!" The five prisoners echoed him, pointed their fingers at the trullock and jumping up and down.
    He vaguely recalled that he had to send messages very fast to get something done, so he continued, desperately using anything at all. >You ate me< >I am sitting on the floor of a big white bus<
    He also sent nonsense to the prisoners, who dutifully ignored him. Jacob tried to walk, but he couldn't keep his footing, and he staggered around in circles. The prisoners turned in the opposite direction in a futile attempt to keep Jacob from getting dizzy. Then Jacob fell down and spent some time wishing the prisoners would fly out of their cage and hover above him. They tried their best, but they couldn't get out.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 11:13 PM
    "One more drink..." The Bull demanded, grinning evilly.
    "He will get sick!"
    "So what? He won't be dangerous passed out, neither will they... Force it down his throat if you have to," The Bull looked smug.

The next day the dawn was brilliant with color. Dede watched it come up with a smile. She didn't think when the bullet slammed into her that she would see another.

Dede had her pack on her back and was ready to travel. She had kept the lighter and found an entire pack of candles. She had used one to read by last night but there were 9 left. She found several small pistols but they didn't look like they worked. She kept them in her pack and found several blue cubes that fit into the handles. She couldn't figure them out or seem to make them work but she kept them anyway.

Keegan rolled over and saw her staring out at the sunrise. He got up and began to pack quickly. Pulling out all the food he packed as much as possible in his pack and turned to Jodie.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 20th January 2007, 11:19 PM
    Maddie sighed softly, and rested her head on the stone wall behind her back. She had slid down so that she was sitting on the floor against the wall. Her thoughts kept circulating around the events of what had happened since she had woken up in this strange world, but she couldn't make sense of them. Dozens of what if questions went along with those thoughts and she sighed again, shifting slightly in her spot away from the others. She noticed that Dede was awake, but she didn't say anything.

-----

She eventually dozed off and woke just after sunrise. She looked around to see what had woken her and was somewhat annoyed when she saw Keegan quickly packing. As soon as she was fully awake, the same thoughts that had plagued her mind the previous night came back, and she again wondered why she was in this strange world.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 20th January 2007, 11:20 PM
    Jacob watched blearily as ten trullock women stooped over him, putting skins of the intoxicating beverage to his lips. He swallowed reflexively, and everything went black.
    The prisoners continued beating at the bars, trying to obey his last command.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 20th January 2007, 11:24 PM
    Jodie woke up and packed. She found a pistol that seemed to not work, but she grabbed it and and five blue blocks. She got some berries and fruit and some bread. Dragar Knight and Lyndis were already ready to go. Jodie got ready and looked at Keegan, waiting for orders.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 20th January 2007, 11:32 PM
    The next day Jacob awakened inside the prison wagon. A short woman with black hair had her arm around him. The prisoners all slept snuggled against each other to stay warm perhaps or maybe to give comfort in their miserable condition.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 12:04 AM
    Jacob woke up and looked around him. He couldn't remember anything from last night. He looked around... why had the trullocks caged him? Hadn't he been one of them?
    He wasn't anymore, though, and he knew that easily. The others... Could the others save him, if he told them all he knew? He doubted it.
    He also had a terrible headache. What had he been doing last night?
    Looking around, he realized that the other prisoners may well know. He stood up and used his ability to tell them that he wanted them to get up.
    Five of the six prisoners jumped to their feet immediately, and Jacob was surprised at the quick response. Leaning close, Jacob asked them in a whisper what had happened last night.
    They told him, down to every lie and suggestion he had put into their minds, and he managed to infer the truths based on what they had done. Wondering whether he should continue his previous plan, he used one of them as a mirror, asking questions and using his ability to make sure he got the correct response.
    The process would have taken five days of pure concentration. That was certainly not feasible; the book was too long. Therefore, Jacob decided to take just the first little bit - say 200 words - and infer what he could from that. He checked their progress, sent them the remaining letters and had them begin reciting. The recitation was a bit hard to follow, since they would switch off every twenty words, but he managed to keep track of what they were saying.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 12:06 AM
    Jodie yawned and fell asleep standing up. Dragar sighed. Lyndis decided to scare her and meowed as loud and scary as she could, which woke everyone up! Jodie jumped and landed on Knight. "Ouch... Jodie get off me..." Knight said. Jodie got off of Knight. "How can he survive when some one falls on him?" she asked. "Well me and Lyndis each have one super power and can run very fast and jump really high, Knight's minor ability is if something heavy falls on him it won't kill him or hurt him to much." Dragar explained.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 01:09 AM
    The first two hundred words of the great book meant little to Jacob. He didn't care where it came from originally; he wanted to know the way it was now.
    Why ask the book, though? You could only say so much in five days. Surely there was valuable knowledge not even in the book. Jacob wanted to go to the heart of the matter - but he was slow, far too slow to delve all the secrets of the universe in a few hours.
    He informed the prisoners - all of them, not just the ones he controlled - that he wanted them to describe any superpowers they had, without stating that it was their own superpower.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 01:04 PM
    Jodie was ready to go. Lyndis was chasing Knight for sneaking in. "Fur ball throat! fur ball throat! Fur ball throat!" "RRRRRRRRRrrrrrr!" Lyndis hit Knight on the head with a stick. "YEOUCH!" Knight kept running, dodging blows from Lyndis. "We better get going or they're gonna kill each other!" Dragar teased and smiled.

Jodie giggled.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 01:27 PM
    Keegan was quick to get the rest of the food distributed among the packs. "Dede, do you need to feed?"
    "No, I don't I'm fine." Keegan raised an eyebrow but nodded. He outlined the path for everyone in case they got separated. Keegan looked straight at Maddie.
    "Striking out on your own is NOT recommended. The Trullocks wait for people to do that. You will end up in the wagon." Keegan made a face.

Dede looked at him and shouldered her pack. She started out of the white zone and along the path Keegan indicated.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 03:03 PM
    Maddie crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Keegan. "Okay, fine. Whatever you say." she said sarcastically. As usual, she stayed near the back of the group as she followed the others.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 03:23 PM
    Keegan's jaw tightened. Maddie was ticking him off but he wouldn't grace her with an answer. He started after Dede.

Dede was using her senses and realized the Trullocks were behind them. She relaxed and looked around. The ridge provided a beautiful view of the plains beyond.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 21st January 2007, 03:29 PM
    Lan followed them, keeping the wind back with his cloak. His eyes became narrow slits in the shadow of his hood as he looked around at the beautiful landscape.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 03:39 PM
    Dede hoped to get the chance to chat with Lan... he had done several things she was amazed at... sometimes he seemed to move like he was skateboarding on air or something. She would wait until the time was right to ask him.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 03:57 PM
    One of the prisoners said, "Someone can see out of the back of his head." The others remained silent. Jacob was extremely disappointed. He would have to do this nearly on his own. Maybe I can reach the mind behind the book. >There is a part of the great book that identifies the mind behind it< "Did I just send you a lie?" The five prisoners shook their heads. It will work then. Jacob oriented them on the "200-word section of the great book that identifies the mind behind it" and began looping through the alphabet.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 03:58 PM
    As Maddie trudged along behind the others, she was basically arguing with herself.

You'll never make friends with that way, Madison.
    So? Who needs friends...
    Okay then... You'll never earn their trust if you don't shape up.
    Earn their trust? I doubt that that will happen, especially with Keegan around. They don't even like me...
    What makes you say that?
    They've never talked to me except when giving me orders. The only one who talked to me, ended up being an evil, power-hungry jerk.
    Think about it Madison. Who's fault is that? You've been pushing everyone away, like you've built up a wall between you and them.

The mental tirade ended, and Maddie just stood there, not realizing that she had stopped walking and was starting to fall behind. She reviewed the mental argument over and over, wondering just how much truth was behind those words.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 04:17 PM
    The Trullocks lay about the camp haphazardly and roused as those with massive hangovers. Snarling and sniping at one another, fights were normal among them. The Bull was able to get them moving quickly. Four Trullocks pulled the wagon along, their bulging muscles able to pull it better than a team of horses could. They followed the Bull's directions and began following the path along the top of the ridge.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 04:22 PM
    Maddie finally came out of her thoughts long enough to realize that she had fallen behind. Oh great... she thought as she started to walk again, halfway hoping that she would be able to catch up with the others.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 04:28 PM
    Keegan noticed the troublemaker wasn't with them. He uttered a few choice words to turn the air blue and looked at Lan.
    "Keep them moving, I'll go back and look for our little troublemaker."
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 04:48 PM
    Dragar was a little behind himself. No one knew what he was doing. "Dragar's gone too!" Lyndis exclaimed. "I'll come too!" Lyndis went with Keegan. "I'll stay here with the others, fur ball throat!" "I'll hit you when we get back." Lyndis said.

Dragar noticed Maddie was behind. He ran up to her. "Aren't you supposed to be with the others?" he asked cocking his head. He tried sniffing the others out but couldn't. All he could smell of the group were Maddie who was right next to him.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 04:54 PM
    "Aren't you supposed to be bugging someone else?" Maddie retorted, crossing her arms across her chest and promptly started ignoring Dragar as she continued to walk. Crazy little fuzzball. Why can't he just buzz off and leave me alone?
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 05:09 PM
    "Tch tch... additude problem... I was concerned for you.... sigh" he sighed again.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 05:47 PM
    Dede looked back... "The Queen Mother has decided to pout and fall behind again eh?" She shook her head and continued forward.

Keegan finally saw Maddie with Dragar beside her. "Thank goodness for that..at least she wasn't alone, little idiot." He growled under his breath before he reached Maddie.

"Hey...hurry up... do you WANT them to catch us?" Keegan growled at her as he grew close enough.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 06:18 PM
    Dragar sighed. "No... i was checking something a noticed she was here..." Dragar explained. "Well at least they're okay." Lyndis yawned. Jodie was concerned for Dragar Lyndis and Keegan, though she kind've hoped Maddie would fall behind and keep the trullock's busy eating her. She giggled at the thought. She didn't really want that to happen but it was funny.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 06:22 PM
    "It's not like I fell behind on purpose." Maddie muttered under breath as she continued to walk. Although that thought had crossed my mind...
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 21st January 2007, 06:32 PM
    Mirele had packed little--no more than some food, a knife, and a gun. Never mind that she didn't know how to shoot it. She walked along, already a bit winded but not saying anything.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 06:46 PM
    Dragar sighed. "I understand... but all of us need to try not to fall behind..." Dragar started towards the group. He'd found their sent. Lyndis followed Dragar.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 07:00 PM
    Jacob stopped after two minutes and asked if each of the prisoners had passed 200 words. They had. "Then recite all you know, in the same manner as before."

Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."
    Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
    Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"

That was sufficient - Jacob now had an identity for the mind behind the book, and he latched on, meeting no knowledge-hungry brain, but trusting that he knew the identity of the mind behind the book, and that it could not escape him, however indistinct it may be. >I have found you< >I want you to show me who you are< Jacob reached through the response as he had done with the trullock, and met a sea of love and anger so vast that when he looked at each part it seemed to be everything. He channeled this, pouring it into the mind of the nearest trullock. The mind seemed more than sufficient to overcome a single trullock, though, so he spread it out, dumping it into the minds of more of the trullocks.

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father."

Jacob instinctively opened up the flow, pumping out all he could and letting the limits on the source limit his power. But where were the limits? No matter how thinly he spread it, it still seemed incomprehensibly big. >There is some power mightier than this one< The prisoner he had sent the message to shook his head.
    Jacob spread the flow wider, almost fighting for survival against the torrent. He dropped to his knees, then to all fours. There is no plan B... I must do this. If I cannot touch the greatest of all powers, I am not fit to live. Then the torrent overwhelmed him, and it carried him with it.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 21st January 2007, 07:30 PM
    Lan caught up to Keegan, and walked beside him. "Where are we going, Keegan?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 07:38 PM
    The Trullocks went insane and began to claw at their heads and ran in different directions all except the Bull he roared with a thunderous sound and charged at the prison wagon.
    "STOP IT!" He demanded and pulled back his crossbow ready to loose the bolt at Jacob. The rest of the Trullocks were running as far away as they could get from the campsite.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 07:58 PM
    ((He can't target the bull trullock's mind, right?))

The five prisoners stepped in front of Jacob, protecting him. Jacob knew he might die soon, so he brought them back to themselves, leaving them the memory of what he had use them to do and giving them the knowledge of what he had just done. Jacob wasn't willing to stop what he was doing, so he continued to push the nature of God onto the minds of every one of the trullocks, and the prisoners. Though most of the trullocks were out of range of an ordinary scan, they still had a ways to go before he lost track of them completely.

Jacob looked up in the direction of the bull trullock, strangely at peace even though he had long since lost control. "Is this what you're fighting?" he asked through the wall of prisoners. The very concept seemed hilarious... nothing could defeat this.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 08:18 PM
    The Bull Trullock fired several bolts into the group of people then began to push at the wagon aiming it for the drop off beyond the ridge. He was roaring furiously as he strained to push at the wagon. All Jacob could feel from him was malevolent hatred. The wagon began down an incline and started to roll on its own. The Bull roared angrily at it and turned to race off after his scattered group, gathering up his horn he loped after them ignoring the soon to die wag[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] of victims.

Keegan nodded at Lan. "Going back for our little troublemaker, Miss Attitude. I don't feel right about leaving anyone to the Trullocks... not even Jacob. Keegan heard the distant cries of the Trullocks headed their way. He swore and grabbed Lan's arm.
    "We get Miss Attitude running or we leave her, understand? They are coming!"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 08:20 PM
    Dragar grabbed Maddie's sleeve and started to drag her, forcing her to run. Lyndis was behind Maddie in case she tried anything.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 08:38 PM
    Keegan looked at Maddie. "YOU! Miss Attitude, RUN! Unless you want the Trullocks to get you too!" He came back and seized her arm, pulling her like Dragar.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 08:40 PM
    "Let go of me!" Maddie growled at Dragar, aiming a kick at his midsection. She pulled free from Keegan and paused just long enough to glare at him and command, "Stop calling me names!" With that said, she turned and starting running in the direction of the group.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 08:42 PM
    Keegan wanted to strangle her. 'Oh well what did I expect anyway...Miss congeniality she ain't...' He ran too, motioning Lan to run all back toward Dede and the others.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 08:44 PM
    Dragar dodged the blow and growled. "LOOK MISS ATTITUDE! WE"RE TRYING TO HELP YOU!" Lyndis ran towards the group to warn them. Dragar ran and caught up with Lyndis. Just like before, Lyndis and Dragar were faster than anyone in the group, though Lyndis was a little faster than Dragar.
    Posted by Mewtwo (Member #167059) on 21st January 2007, 08:48 PM
    Hadilet yelled with Dede, "Yeah! We should hurry!"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 08:53 PM
    "Hadilet keep Mirele safe! I smell many Trullocks but they are going in various directions! I don't understand what is going on! RUN!" Dede shouted, she saw Maddie running behind them and Keegan coming up the rear.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 08:58 PM
    Three of the prisoners dropped, one with two bolts in him one killed instantly by a shot to the head and one only injured by a flesh wound to the hip. As the wagon rolled downhill, Jacob clung to the bottom, using his voice to instruct the others to do the same. The wagon flew over the dropoff, falling fast. As it neared the ground, Jacob jumped toward the top, and the others followed suit. Jacob and two others managed to grab the top of the cage, and they were protected somewhat by the bending metal of the cage. Still, they lost their grip and came down hard on three dead bodies, one prisoner with a broken leg and one previously unharmed prisoner who had a rib broken by the impact.
    Jacob got up to survey the damage. Three people unharmed, two injured and two dead... Jacob thanked God that it hadn't been worse. His own left arm was sore from being shaken loose from the top of the cage, but that didn't count as an injury. The cage had been badly damaged, and the door was twisted at a crazy angle that wouldn't keep anyone in.
    Jacob picked up the feet of the man with the broken leg, instructing the other unharmed man to pick up his head. The other unharmed prisoner (a woman) and the prisoner with the broken rib walked alongside. They headed in the direction of the White Zone Jacob had come from, leaving their dead behind.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 21st January 2007, 09:00 PM
    After running for only a few minutes Mirele was exhausted, but willed herself to keep running. Then she heard:

"Hadilet keep Mirele safe!"

Feeling a twinge of guilt that she was weak enough to possibly slow the others down, she kept running, trying to keep up with the others.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 09:11 PM
    Dede looked back down the hill she had just run up and watched as the group caught up. As Mirele and Hadilet arrived Dede told them to take a breather the others were coming.

Dede still couldn't figure out why the Trullock scent was going all over the place.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 09:13 PM
    Jodie saw that Dragar and Knight were in beetween Keegan, miss attitude, Lan and the group. Dragar was sniffing. He didn't know for sure but he thought he smelled Jacob. Knight ran off to hide. Lyndis was annoyed at Knight for being so stupid but thankful he was gone. Tuxedo Cat was walking when a trullock ran towards him going insane. "YIKES!" Tuxedo Cat ran off towards the group. when Lyndis spotted him she was love sick. "TUXEDO CAT!" she said as she ran. Tuxedo Cat tripped and his white glasses fell off. Lyndis was shocked. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It can't be!" LYndis almost fainted but kept running. Tuxedo Cat got up. His face was revealed, he was Knight the cat. Knight picked up his glasses and ran with them. Dragar burst out laughing as they ran. Jodie was panicing. She was scared of the trullocks! Dragar came up to them. "I will be leaving for a while... see you later!" Dragar ran off into the forest. Lyndis as she ran, bashed Knight on the head. He followed Dragar. Jodie was kind've sad to see a couple of their companions go but it was replaced with fear of being caught or eaten.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 09:16 PM
    Maddie continued to run as fast as she could and soon came to the hill that the others were on top of. She continued to run up the hill and slowed down to a walk as she neared the top so she wouldn't end up bowling anyone over. She walked a few paces past the others and collapsed to the ground, breathing hard.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 21st January 2007, 09:21 PM
    Mirele collapsed at the top of the hill, gasping for air. Did those Trullocks never quit? "Don't...those guys...ever...give...up?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 09:24 PM
    "Apparently not...the white zones are the only reason we get a break at all! Hey Queenie, what IS your name?" Dede asked Madison.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 09:32 PM
    "Madison." Maddie finally said after a few moments of silence. She debated with herself on whether or not she should reveal her nickname for a few moments and finally came to a decision. "But Maddie's fine also..."
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 21st January 2007, 09:34 PM
    "Nice...to meet...you Maddie," Mirele panted, offering a tired smile. She glanced back to see if any Trullocks were in sight. Seeing none, she turned back to Dede and Maddie.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 21st January 2007, 09:35 PM
    "Okay Maddie! Those Trullocks were close to you girlfriend. You are lucky Keegan and Lan went back for you. Mirele, hey you okay?" Dede smiled at her. "Anyone need some water?" Dede offered her flask.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 09:39 PM
    Jodie drank some of her own water and handed her flask she was drinking out of to Mirele, since it looked like she had none.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 21st January 2007, 09:39 PM
    "Yeah. I'll be...fine," Mirele said. She accepted Jodie's flask and took a small drink, just enough to quench her thirst, and handed it back. "I guess I'm just not as athletic as all of you guys."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 21st January 2007, 09:41 PM
    As the group walked, they introduced themselves. Jacob gave his name, then the black-haired woman (who had not been injured in the fall) introduced herself as Maria. The man with the broken leg was Joel, and the man carrying him was Elmer. The man with the broken rib found talking painful, so the man with the broken leg introduced him as Alfred. Elmer had been the prisoner who had refused to obey Jacob unconditionally.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 09:53 PM
    Maddie needed some, but was almost afraid to ask. She was still trying to catch her breath, and she was starting to get a headache. I'm not going to complain. I'm not going to complain. I'm...not going to...complain... She thought although her thoughts were starting to get more and more muddled.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 10:36 PM
    Jodie noticed Maddie was thirsty by her dry lips and thirsty expression. She brought out one of the extra water flasks and handed it to Maddie. "Hey Maddie! I'm Jodie!" She smiled broughtly and her green hair fluttered in the wind.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 21st January 2007, 10:51 PM
    "Thanks." Maddie said, accepting the water flask. She took a couple of drinks and then handed the flask back to Jodie.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 21st January 2007, 11:57 PM
    Jodie smiled. "Keep it. I have a bunch of them." she was still smiling. "You got enough for a cat and a wolf here?" Dragar came out of the bushes with Knight. Jodie jumped. "I thought you went somewhere else?!?" she asked. "Pier had already taken care of it. So we came back." Dragar explained.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 09:01 AM
    Dede stretched, she was feeling very well considering she had taken a bullet to the chest last night. That was purely amazing to her. She wasn't sure how she was alive or how she was functioning without feeding this morning. She wondered about the brief glimpse of the hospital room she saw...

Keegan drank some water and rested a few moments before getting them up.
    "The Trullocks are around we better move out."
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 22nd January 2007, 10:26 AM
    "Jacob..."
    Jacob stopped slowly, giving Elmer time to stop, and looked down at Joel. "Yes?"
    "You promised... to ease the pain. Do it now. Why did you bring me back just in time to suffer a broken leg?"
    "WHAT? I brought you through the terror of the trullocks. I kept my word."
    "Please... do it again. I don't want to go through this any longer."
    With a sigh, Jacob granted his request, striking out his mind and taking control again. Looking around, he asked wearily, "Anyone else?"
    Alfred raised a hand. Jacob buried his mind immediately, causing his body to ignore the pain and walk upright.
    "What about you two?" He looked back and forth as Elmer and Maria.
    "No," they said in unison.
    Jacob was relieved. He started off again, slowly so that Elmer could notice and keep up.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 11:06 AM
    Maddie groaned at being made to get up, but she complied with Keegan's order. She had tucked the water flask into her pack and she sighed as she stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. She didn't want to do anymore walking, she just wanted to rest for awhile.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 11:12 AM
    Keegan shouldered his pack and walked up toward Dede.
    "You doing okay?"
    "Yes! No problem. What about Jacob, Keegan?"
    "A few people have managed to escape the Trullocks...we can hope for that I suppose..." Dede studied him. Keegan knew something he wasn't sharing. She shrugged and decided confronting him about it now would be useless. She smiled and took off walking again.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 11:18 AM
    Maddie followed along, pouting slightly. She didn't feel like she had had enough time to rest, and was about to voice her opinion, but decided not to at the last moment. She grumbled to herself, but made an effort to keep up with the others.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 11:51 AM
    "Come on Jodie, Mirele, Maddie, let's show these fellas we can pull our weight!" Dede grinned at the other women and winked. She didn't want to alarm anyone but Trullock scent was growing closer to them. It still seemed to be coming and going in random patterns though, not like before when they were pursued. Dede shrugged she didn't care, she just wanted to get to the next White Zone!

Jacob and his group had to pass through a group of trees growing thickly around the path. The trees seemed to have deep shadows. As they grew nearer the trees branches held a thick hanging moss of a slimy black substance. Elmer walked under the first tree. A tendril of the black moss brushed against Elmer's shoulder. Suddenly the 'moss' slid down off of the branch and enveloped Elmer. His skin began to dissolve off of the bone as his scream was choked off.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 22nd January 2007, 11:58 AM
    As they walked, Jacob scanned the area for trullocks continually. When a mind appeared at the edge of his scanning area, he began looking for cover along the edge of the ravine they were walking through. The trullock didn't seem to have any direction - it moved maddeningly in apparently arbitrary directions. Jacob could never be sure it wouldn't suddenly charge down the ravine. Finally, he found a large boulder near the side of the ravine, and he walked the group behind that, not crouching beneath it but standing on the side opposite the trullock. The trullock had entered the ravine, and seemed directionless, but was guided toward Jacob's party by the edges of the ravine. As the trullock reached their position, Jacob instructed the others to stay close to him, then moved to keep the boulder between himself and the trullock, using his ability to locate the trullock through the boulder. The trulock seemed to be taking his time, and Jacob wished he could see what it was actually doing. Jacob remained hidden until the trullock reached the opposite end of the ravine, then continued on his trek toward the white zone.

The ravine ended in a forest, with trees leaning over a gentle slope up into the heart of the forest. Tendrils of black moss hung down from the trees, and the tall Elmer brushed against one. Immediately the moss dropped down and began to consume him.
    Jacob noticed that he had stopped moving and looked back. Horrified, he jerked Joel away, dropping his head against the ground. "Maria! Grab Joel's head. We'll have to watch out for the moss." Jacob watched in horror as the moss consumed Elmer, then moved on, moving even more slowly than before and carefully dodging all the moss. Maria carried Joel's upper body, and Alfred took the rear.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 12:01 PM
    Maddie forced a smile and continued to walk, even though her legs and feet were protesting. I wonder just how far away this next white zone is? Hopefully Keegan doesn't try to trick us...
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 12:45 PM
    Jodie yawned. She patted Maddie on the back. Dragar was right next to Keegan. Lyndis and Knight had stopped fussing for a while and they followed Dragar.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 22nd January 2007, 02:02 PM
    Lan loosened his sword and continued after them. As he passed Maddie he touched her sleeve and said, "Your doing just fine." and smiled.

He came up beside Keegan again. "How far is the next White Zone?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 03:05 PM
    "See that rocky rise there in the distance? That's our destination, well the base of it," Keegan replied as he jogged at a steady pace.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 22nd January 2007, 03:17 PM
    "Alright." Lan said, and he dropped back to Dede. "How are you doing?"
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 03:20 PM
    Dede grinned at Lan, "I'm doing great! How are you?"
    Posted by Mewtwo (Member #167059) on 22nd January 2007, 04:39 PM
    Hadilet was ahead of them, but not by much. He was a badger, and he had found out about his species that they tend to be swift, but sometimes clumsy. Hadilet wasn't clumsy. He stopped suddenly. He didn't know why, but it was instinctive. He continued running, but just enough to catch up to the group. He felt......a problem
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 22nd January 2007, 04:46 PM
    "Just fine..." Lan replied, and then he looked up at the piece of rock Keegan indicated.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd January 2007, 04:59 PM
    Mirele walked alongside Maddie. She looked to where Keegan pointed and felt a twinge of despair. It looked so far away! At least we don't have to climb that thing, she thought.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 05:47 PM
    Dede smiled at Lan but then turned to see Hadilet running up.
    "What's wrong Hadilet?" She asked him, her head tilted to the side. She reached out with her senses to see if she could feel anything. There were Trullocks closing on them but not too close.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 06:18 PM
    Maddie wasn't sure how much farther she could go. That rocky rise... It's too far away. I won't make it. she thought as she stared at the rise they were headed to. She frowned slightly as she stared ahead.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 06:29 PM
    Jodie was panting. "Yeah what's wrong Hadilet?" Jodie asked. Dragar yawned and went up to Dede. Knight was trying to stay away from Lyndis, so he was near Dragar or Keegan.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 06:36 PM
    The Bull sounded his horn. It was distant for Keegan's group but it was close to Jacob's group. They seemed to be off to their left though further away from the ridge's drop into the canyon.

In actuality, they were being called together. The Bull was attempting to regroup his Trullocks. He was not going to waste any more time. He was after what he felt was rightfully his. He roared furiously as the Trullocks began to gather. When six had answered the horn he started toward the next White Zone. He knew where it was. The trullocks started after their prey with more hatred and hunger than before.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 06:46 PM
    Sragar sniffed something. "They're coming closer! hurry!" Dragar whispered. He went on just a bit ahead of the group. When they were next to Dragar jodie asked, "When we all first met, where'd that bandage of yours come from?" she was trying to think about something else then getting caught or eaten. "Knight was there." Dragar explained, not paying much attention as they jogged.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 22nd January 2007, 07:33 PM
    Lan picked up his pace, but remained at Dede's side. He glanced back, and then looked back up at where Keegan walked.
    ...to the topTop

Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 22nd January 2007, 08:20 PM
    Jacob heard the horn while picking his way through the forest of black moss. The trullocks will be regathering now. It would be another hour before he reached the white zone at the rate he was going. He scanend in the direction of the horn and detected a gathering of trullocks about a mile and a half away, moving towards his path. They would pass before he arrived at the rate he was going, but they would force him to delay if the forest of black moss ended soon.
    It seemed it was going to be another hour either way.

Maria spoke up. "Jacob... I'm sore all over, and Joel's heavy. I don't like this place, it's worse than the trullocks' wagon. Would you please take over my mind again?
    Jacob sighed. She had lasted longer than the others, and he had hoped she wouldn't ask for the whole trip, but she too had become addicted to his anesthetic. "You realize if I die you will never awake."
    "You won't die!"
    "Probably not. Come on, it's only an hour to the white zone, and we won't have to go through this all the way."
    "You eased their pain! Why not mine? I ache all over from carrying Joel!"
    Jacob had realized she wasn't strong enough to do the job well, but she was all he had. Alfred certainly couldn't carry anyone with a busted rib. "Very well." Jacob took over her mind again and pushed her soul into her unconscious. Now they were all his puppets again.
    It didn't exhilarate him as it had before.
    Posted by Mewtwo (Member #167059) on 22nd January 2007, 08:38 PM
    triplicate post))
    duplicate post!))
    Hadilet picked up the smell as well. "What is it?"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 08:57 PM
    "Trullocks remember?" Dragar looked at Hadilet. "Of course Trullocks!" Lyndis said.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 09:54 PM
    They were getting closer to the white zone and Dede began to relax. Dede suddenly felt intense hatred aimed at her and began to look around alarmed. Suddenly a Trullock burst around the White Zone it had been using to hide from any who could sense him. He made a beeline for Dede. She turned to run but he swept her into one powerful arm and ran at Lan in an attempt to sweep him into the other arm. Dede started hitting the beast with her fists and screaming.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd January 2007, 10:15 PM
    Mirele screamed at the Trullock and ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction. Breathing heavily, she peeled off her gloves, almost as an afterthought. Only after her gloves were off did she consider the possibility that her death touch might not work on the Trullocks.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 10:26 PM
    Maddie froze when the Trullock burst out from behind the White Zone. She stood rooted to the spot unable to move, unable to speak, seemingly unable to to do anything except stand there and stare. I...I have to do something... she thought, although her legs refused to cooperate with the girl.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 22nd January 2007, 10:29 PM
    Jacob arrived at a section of forest without any black moss hanging from it. It seemed this danger was past; they had reached the harmless forest that surrounded the white zone. The trullocks were in their path now, though - they could walk for another two minutes, but then they would have to stop and let the trullocks pass from a safe distance.
    Jacob led the group on for another minute, then set Joel down and had them all rest. He wondered how Maria was doing - she couldn't feel her own pain, but that didn't mean her body wasn't being pushed to its limits, and he had no way of feeling for himself how she was doing. His ability only worked one way.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 10:56 PM
    Keegan dove at the Trullocks' feet to trip it but it jumped clear of him. Drool flew back from it's flabby lips as it turned off to abscond with its prize. Dede was trying to get to the knife at it's side.

Keegan's move was enough distraction she was able to yank the knife from it's sheath and she tried to angle herself to stab the thing with the blade.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 11:06 PM
    Maddie continued to just stand there frozen, staring at the Trullock and Dede. She knew that she should do something, but she couldn't remember what that something was.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd January 2007, 11:08 PM
    "Maddie!" Mirele yelled. Seeing that she wasn't moving, Mirele ran back and grabbed her shirt--not her sleeve, so she wouldn't kill her--and ran off, dragging her along.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 11:08 PM
    Dragar grolwed and bit the trullocks arm. Lyndis jumped on it's head and scratched it as hard as she could. Knight threw needles at it's legs to slow it down. Jodie screamed and aimed the gun. She was to scared of hitting the other to shoot! She put the gun away and drew her rapier. She stabbed at the tullocks neck but missed. She stabbed at it's legs next.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 11:24 PM
    Maddie stumbled when Mirele grabbed her shirt and fell to the ground. "Just go, Mirele." Maddie told the other girl, breathlessly. "Leave me here." She wiggled out of Mirele's grasp as her mind was still scrambling to work properly. She stood up and started to stumble toward the white zone, the only area of safety that she knew about.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 22nd January 2007, 11:35 PM
    Keegan grabbed Maddie and yelled at Mirele. "RUN for the White Zone! RUN!" Dede plunged the knife into the Trullock's leg muscles and it howled. Lyndis and Knight's attacks also landed and it dropped Dede. She rolled away from it as quickly as she could and up to her feet. She spun and started running for the White Zone. The Trullock grabbed for her but missed and howled his frustration again.
    Posted by Lessien (Member #91531) on 22nd January 2007, 11:38 PM
    Mirele did as she was told and bolted for the white zone. She was already breathless as it was, but by the time she reached safety, she felt like collapsing. And she did, falling into the white zone, breathing heavily.
    Posted by Ellesar (Member #76200) on 22nd January 2007, 11:44 PM
    Maddie's legs still refused to cooperate entirely, and she continued to stumble toward the white zone, Keegan's push helping a little. Come on Madison! Snap out of it! she told herself as she tried to will her legs to run. Her mind threatened to shut down again when she heard the Trullock howl, but she forced herself to focus on safety and soon she collapsed within its protective barrier, breathing quickly and trembling.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 22nd January 2007, 11:52 PM
    Jodie ran past the Trullock and headed for the white zone. Knight went into the bushes and returned as Tuxedo Cat. Lyndis and Dragar ran with the others for the white zone. Tuxedo Cat drew a human's shortsword and ran with the others.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 22nd January 2007, 11:54 PM
    The trullocks passed by, and Jacob decided it was safe to continue. They would be at the white zone in ten minutes. He picked up Joel's upper body and had maria pick up his feet, easing her load. Alfred stood and took up the rear once more, and they started off.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd January 2007, 12:02 AM
    "LAN!" Dede yelled for him. She took note Hadilet was following Jodie into the White Zone.
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 23rd January 2007, 12:11 AM
    Knight spun around because he saw that Dede and Lan weren't following. He ran behind the Trullock and threw a rose at his bucket. When the trullock turned around he put his paws up to his ears and stuck his tougne out at him, cat slabber went everwhere.
    Posted by Sylvengard (Member #173475) on 23rd January 2007, 12:13 AM
    Lan bolted to the White Zone, not knowing if he would make it. He embraced the One Power on instict, weaving flows of Air and Water around his boots. He picked up off the ground harshly and flew into the White Zone as if thrown by an invisible force, and then crashed violently into the floor inside the White Zone.
    Posted by cyberwing (Member #11784) on 23rd January 2007, 12:19 AM
    Dede stood looking around for Lan. She didn't see him anywhere. Alarmed she continued standing there until the Trullock almost nabbed her again. Keegan grabbed her and snarled at her.
    "WAKE UP NOOB!"
    Posted by Time Lord (Member #166082) on 23rd January 2007, 12:20 AM
    Knight realized heis attack didn't do anything and ran with Keegan and Dede.
    Posted by Brilliand (Member #126479) on 23rd January 2007, 01:53 AM
    Jacob's small band walked into the white zone, tired and hungry. They brought Joel inside the building, then went straight to the chest, where they found food and weapons. Jacob handed Maria and Alfred food, instructing them to eat, then pulled out a sword, a quarterstaff and some rope. He then walked over to Joel. he wouldn't be able to set that bone on his own, but he couldn't leave Joel's leg to mend crooked. "Maria, Alfred, come over here." He made the two of them help him force Joel's leg into position, being careful to make Joel totally ignorant of the pain. He then made them hold the leg in position while he chopped the quarterstaff into appropriate lengths and tied it securely around Joel's leg, forming a splint.
    Alfred had been coughing for a while, more violently every time. He now coughed so violently that blood came out. Worried, Jacob went deeper into his brain, making him forget how to cough.
    After eating two pears and a loaf of bread, and giving the others things to eat, Jacob put them to sleep and lay down himself.
    He knew it wasn't time to free them yet - if their pain was bad when they started, it would only be worse tomorrow. And since he hadn't found the others here, they would have farther to go tomorrow.
    Jacob's own body ached, but he had no remedy for it but sleep.
    ...to the topTop

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast