Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
    Role Play Games Reviews and Forum?

Role Play Games Reviews and Forum?

I just had a weird idea that might turn into something useful. *Check this out:

Since this is a review site and we do have some high quality role play games that could actually turn into some very interesting books, if you ask me . *Then, what if we create a Role Play Reviews section in the home page and its equivalent Forum in the RPG section of the Message Board?

I mean, we could get people interested in reading our stories and would tempt them to register just to comment in our boards.

We could use the same system we use in the comic reviews. *We create an article, we link it to a thread into our forums and we invite people to post. *I think it would make our reviews even richer .

What do you think?

M

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean reviews of our SLs? Maybe it is just me, but that doesn't seem like it would be feasible to do.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

Why? *We could do some nice reviews and then get people interested into reading the actual thing ...

All we have to do is not to mention any Crossgen copyrighted stuff, but besides that, there's plenty of stuff to talk about. *Or is there something that I'm entirely missing? *

M
    Neo Avatarati
    He descends
    From ava- away + tarati he crosses over

I think the question is, why would people want to read reviews about our stories? I mean, people read comic book reviews coz they are fans of the books or the medium.

If the goal is to get people interested in participating, then I think instead of reviews, we should be focusing on a better Recruitment Campaign and/or Newbie Friendly Plot Summaries.
    Feel free to feed the Kulit!

@kulit: Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | @drealkulit: Instagram | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by kulit
    I think the question is, why would people want to read reviews about our stories? I mean, people read comic book reviews coz they are fans of the books or the medium.

If the goal is to get people interested in participating, then I think instead of reviews, we should be focusing on a better Recruitment Campaign and/or Newbie Friendly Plot Summaries.
    For what it's worth (i.e. not much) I like the plot summaries/Recruitment Campaign idea.

Count / Countess Tigers is offline Tigers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KLitke
    Quote Originally Posted by kulit

For what it's worth (i.e. not much) I like the plot summaries/Recruitment Campaign idea.
    I'll throw my vote in with Klitke and Kulit! I think that having a summary would work well, and we just need to figure out a way to campaign a little better.
    Peace is a lie
    There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength
    Through strength I gain power
    Through power I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken
    The Force shall set me free

You convinced me entirely. *Plot summaries with apealing hooks would work much better if we want to create some kind of interest into our stories. *

As for recruiting campaigns, I'm already doing one somewhere else. *

M