Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 91 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K Dogg 7777\";p=\"22183
    Thanks guys!

Jason, I lived in LA until about a year ago, when I moved back to NoCal. I live in San Ramon now, near San Jose!

Mil, yep. It's been hectic. How's things with you?
    You're back near me.

I live in Monterey, and am in San Jose 2-3 times per week.
    QC1: From this day forth you shall be called "Sprinkle Berryweather".

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day... ...I got in!

...to the topTop

Nice! I hear that BART wants to extend all the way to Monterey. That'd be awesome. I practically live in BART.

Credits: Jessss!!! From AMR~!

" I'm not going to change the world, but I guarantee that I'll spark the mind who will"
    *-Tupac Shakur

uncle of danaepixie (long story), father of blinks and Buffy Fan.
    ...to the topTop

Re: Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

Hi everybody!

How's the gang doing? It's been a while since I visit this place but life goes on!
    By the way, as for students exchanges programs, isn't there a president exchange program? Try president Sarkozy for free with a little Res included.

best wishes from France to all the good women and men here!
    ...to the topTop

Founder Jason Sanborn is offline Jason Sanborn's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It would be awesome. I hope it happens soon, because I might have to commute to San Jose every day soon, and I'd much rather take the train if possible.
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Weebs Kev and Res! It's great to see you around!

Of course, I haven't been around...and things aren't looking good for next week either. Too much to do indeed. Yes, the thesis. It's always the thesis. I couldn't believe it. The same day NaNoWriMo starts, I get my 5th chapter back. >_< Yup. Teh suck. So, no novel I'm afraid. I did get some good ideas and a nice intro together (as well as some sketches) so after the insanity dies down I might still write it. In other news, I got a Parks contract to ID insects so YAY I have a job! Woohoo! Not that I'll get paid before May, but you know how government goes.

So, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it, but I'll be popping by briefly to see how everyone's doing.
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

Res, mon vieux, how nice to see you again!

I don't know if the Americans could handle your prez - they might find him a bit sarky (surely there's a similar pun in French, too.)

And anyway, you need him there, because I can't see a prez-swapped Mr Bush getting anywhere at all with half the French public sector on strike and the immigrants burning the banlieus....
    Sworn, bloody!

Xetal

The Old Peculier perpetrator of warm English beer
    ...to the topTop

Hiya Res! (And you too, Kev. You've still got a livejournal, don't forget that either...)

Know what everyone means about time sinks. Have been dealing with a massive one at work this year. I think I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully I'll actually be able to get some time off in the new year... (so far, in the last 10 months, I've had four days off on leave... and worked eight days I'd normally have had off because of trying to juggle major projects and day-to-day work).
    ...to the topTop

Kev and Res? KEV AND RES!? Where WHERE!!!!
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

Hello Stephie!

Dave, I forgot about my LJ too! If I recall correctly, I think I made it into a semi-music blog. I'll check it out later.
    ...to the topTop

I can handle snow. I can drive confidently in snow and "incliment weather." I cannot fathom the destruction and beauty that the damage a Missouri ice storm can cause. I haven't been to work (school) all week because there's been no power and not enough man-power provided by the state/town to clear out fallen trees. People have died trying to clean it up themselves. All I heard at night was the lightning-like crackooms of trees splitting in half like bananas being peeled because of the weight and thickness of the ice. It looks like a nuclear bomb was dropped on all of our trees and forests.

Our internet and cable has been down and our power only flickered, thank God. Some of my colleagues have been without power since Sunday morning. Our trees, however, are very damaged and some completely destroyed. There wasn't any damage done to the house, but it'll be a long time before it's cleaned up. Part of our forested back yard is just a pile of fallen trees.

Like I said... amazing and a little humbling.

On a much happier note: Hello Kev!
    ...to the topTop

Page 91 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast