Quarrels and Quills - The Play by Post Role-Playing Community - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questers...

Re: The Questers...

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/vector.jpg[/img]**With the gentleness of a lazy breeze the force field would be felt pulling away from Bel, as Alex dispersed the protective shell and brings his focus to the matter at hand. Alex glances at Bel, his brow tightens, offereing part of an apologetic expression.**

Sorry, but when dealing with rivals on this mission it might be best if we communicated in a way that can't be overheard by others.

**His attention turns towards the source of the explosion. His green eyes sway over the thick jungle, greedinly drinking in small details.**

No smoke, that must have been a controlled explosion, nothing's on fire. Let's go check it out. I'd like to meet our competition.

**Alex once again looks at Bel, his stare searches for the subtleties that usually accompany her replies to his suggested course of action.**
    ...to the topTop

Paladin Quaxo9 is offline Quaxo9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattson\";p=\"5811
    [img=left]http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LordMattson-ForceA.jpg[/img] James had to shake his head. Helped remind him what they were talking about. Man, it was a good life.

"Well, sure. And I thought you knew about the Mole Man. Made more then his fair share of news stories. They say this is where he hangs when he's not trying to torment the FF. Lots of weird freky stuff. Heck, one guy even said that TV show about the downed plane is autobiographical account of someones time there."

Looks out at the island growing in the distance.

"Ready to fly?"
    [img=left]http://www.cbreview.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=154[/img]

I thought he'd never ask - I've been itching to go kick some "monster" putoot since yesterday. Cocking the hammer on my new magnum, I leap into his arms and plant a kiss on his metal cheek.

"Well, even if all those stories are actually true, I'm sure you'll still be the scariest thing on that island - what with your bug-suit and all."

I tease, but it really isn't nice kissing metal. Pointing the barrel in the direction of the blip on the horizon, I give a joyous shout.

"Hi-ho Silver, AWAAAYYYYY!!!!"
    Winner of the dubious Vaarsuvius Award for Verbousness!

I support altruism.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.cbreview.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=155[/img]

:: Deep, throaty laughter bursts forth from Arachnia's throat to rise with Mole Man's to the heights of the throne room. It would be enough to make the odd Moloid shiver and more than a few spiders sidle away. ::

"Ah, such a brilliant plan, my dear! Have no fear, my subjects will be more than ready for their part in this delicious scheme."

:: At this, some of the larger spiders bared their fangs appreciatively - some of them allowing droplets of poison to slide down and hang on the pointed tips of their deadly apparatus. Queen Arachnia motions to them grandly as she runs her fingertips over Mole Man's forearm. ::

"I see your eagerness, my subjects. Go, help the Moloids with their burden. The sooner the task is accomplished, the sooner you can feed on sweet human flesh!"

~~~~~~~ Meanwhile, out in the jungle...

:: The poor, innocent crowd of spiders that had been forming a peaceful rally at the corner of the woods where Bel's fight with the slugs was taking place were now in extreme disarray. Tiny arachnids lay slain from the unprovoked attack, while larger ones were earnestly brushing at their sensory hairs to get them to stop vibrating long enough to tell what was going on. The result was a sound not unlike wind moving through a stand of trembling aspen. In addition, various squeaks and clicks were being passed back and forth as the spiders attempted to figure out what had attacked them. Who knows what might happen should these arachnids be surprised? *dun dun duuuuunnn*
    ...to the topTop

Deep beneath Monster Isle...

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/moloids.jpg[/img]**The dozens of sickly yellow skinned Moloids that bear the weight of the crashed aircraft gladly share the burden with the spider minions of their queen and carry the plane out of the throne cavern. They shuffle through the cavernous halls of this royal domain and into the laboratory of their king. Within the gigantic cavern workshop the Mole-man has studied the abandonned and incredibly advanced technology and sciences of the long vanished Deviant empire that had laid claim to the underground realms. The Mole-man also builds his various mechanations of conquest here. It is a large chamber of smoothed stone, that is populated by large machines of inhuman design and cruel intent. While the center of the room is left relatively clear of monstrous, in both size and purpose, machines in order to grant a space for the latest project to be undertaken. Here the Mole-man will prepare this prototype spy plane to act as the harbringer of his latest scheme. The diminutive Moloids carefully place the aircraft into a metal framed harness that suspends the plane above the floor by chains that run up to a ceiling mounted crane. Once the plane is secured in its rightful place they scatter to opposite ends of the laboratory and swiftly recover various tools, carts, work tables, and components that they are sure their master will need to work with and gather it all into a quickly assembled work area around the plane. Within minutes all is ready for the Mole-man to begin his task and the Moloids quickly retreat from the laboratory and into the vast network of tunnels beneath the island, their homes, and await further commands from their king and queen.**

The throne cavern...

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/moleman.jpg[/img]**The lights of the majestically adorned throne chamber are dimmed by Moloid minions that remain on the outskirts of the room, just out of sight but still close enough to do as their master commands, or in this case as they know he will want. The softening of the lights allows the stocky Mole-man to remove the protective visor from his eyes and look upon his lovely bride as she indulges in her own manaical laughter, that laugh that he fell in love with. The pupils of his eyes seem to have conquered all of his eyes, leaving the small, beady orbs almost entirely black. An adoring grin takes hold of the mouth that rests beneath the Mole-man's sizable nose as he worships his bride as she indulges in the moment of megalomania. He takes hold of one of her graceful hands in his wide, rough skinned grasp and brings her slender digits up to his lips so he can plant a small, affectionate kiss.**

Oh, my dear, my conquest over the surface world would be as hollow and cold as the artic caves were it not for you by my side. You have sparked my passions to an inferno that would melt one of those accursed Lava-men. And it is that passion that shall fuel my war on the surface world. With you by my side, my love, all of the planet shall bow to me, to us. Yes,we shall reign supreme over all of the earth!
    Except for Atlantis, it's damp and cold down there and I hate fish.
    ...to the topTop

Sixty-seven miles off of the coast of Monster Isle...

**The Stane International yacht, is not the luxerious watercraft that one would associate with the title of yacht. It is instead a converted SHIELD water based hover platform that is used on assignments such as this. It utilizes as complex array of propulsion systems to hover several meters above the water and to glide over the ocean at incredible speeds when needed, but right now the large vehicle simply levitates in place. On the spacious deck of the yacht the crew points the hovercraft's vast sensor systems towards the distant island and man the six ion-cannon turrets that line either side of the craft. Each cannon is capable of punching a sizable hole in a tank, and the crew hopes that's more than enough to slay any creature that should wander too close to them.
    **Armed with the most advanced and powerful weapons available, manned by a highly skilled and specially trained crew and with incredibly sensative scanners looking for any sign of hostiles, yet Captain Stanley Prak looks out over the vast blue seas and can't help but feel entirely dissapointed by this mission. He adjusts the grey cap on his brown haired head, that matches his grey jumpsuit uniform. And bites down on the wooden matchstick that he's in the habit of chewing on while waiting for something, anything exciting to happen. All of this hardware and he and his crew are stuck out here playing chauffeur to a couple of costumed freaks. Captain Prak glances at one of the manned ion-cannon turrets and sighs. He'd rather he and his men marched onto that island and did their job by blasted those monsters into freakish goo and recovering the black box. But instead he has to wait for that psychic kid and cat woman to either get back here with it or fail to show up within the next seventy-two hours, at which point their contract with Stane International expires, but they'd probably be too dead to care. Prak can't say he cares too much if that blonde kid lives or dies, but maybe a little time with that russian woman might make this mission more than exciting enough for him. He glances back towards where the distant island lies, his mind wandering.
    **But the sudden sounding of harsh alarms brings the captain's thoughts back to the here and now, something's been detected near by.**

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/monster.jpg[/img]**Hands, giant, green and powerful, tear up through the ocean depths and through the armored belly of the hovercraft. Monstrous digits that have burrowed through the toughest veins of ore that the planet has to offer and dragged the greatest constructs of humanity into a subterrainian demise, are now turned against the mighty vessel. The green beast digs up through the reinforced decks of the hovercraft until it bursts forth from the deck right in front of Captain Prak. The hideous monster emerges from its destructive path through the ship and slams its powerful hands down onto the warped metal surface of the ship and begins to push and tear the majestive vessel in half. The many ion-cannons swivel around and open fire. Blast after devistating blast impact their beatial attacker, but none seems to effect it's impenetrable armored hide. The crew even offers fire from their own side arms, but that's an even more futile effort than the cannon fire. Within a few savage minutes the hovercraft is torn in two now burning halves, which fall into the all consuming water and immediately begins to sink. The crew desperately clings to the many life boats that they manage to detatch from their doomed vessel, but the malicious monster swats at the tiny boats and sinks them with little effort. Once only the swimming crew members and stray scraps of debris are left afloat in the water the giant monster sinks back beneath the ocean. It swims back to the underwater cave it had emerged from.
    **With their attacker vanished Captain Prak begins calling out orders to his shaken crew. They have to try to swim to the island and hope the Questers have some kind of radio to call for help with. Unfortunately for Prak and his men, the giant monster is gone but the shark-men are just arriving. The half men, half shark monstrosities know that if they follow the green beast whenever he swims out to sea that they'll be eating well that day. The dozen of aquatic beasts arrive to find that the monster has left them a boutiful meal on this latest excursion. Seconds later the waters run red. Soon after that the last of the screams forever dies. The shark-men eat very well indeed.**
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LordMattson-ForceA.jpg[/img] The armored man grabs the girl and lifts off the boat. Its captain knowing the dangers of the island is already sailing away. A few moments later the helmet sensors pick up the blood on the water.

"Looks like rumors are true. Darn shame. Hope someone survived."

Knowing that he couldn't do much, James continues onwards to the island, flying at tree level. He lands on the beach and looks around.

"Strange. Figured I'd get a sensor reading by now. Stay here and radio me if anything happens. I'm going to take to the air and see if I can't spot the crash site."
    John

Lord Mattson, LM, Matts, its all the same.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://www.cbreview.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=154[/img]

I make a face as we fly over a piece of ocean that's a bit redder than the rest with little people-y bits floating around in it. He's right though, there's nothing we can do for them now. When I'm set aside...well, okay not ASIDE, but really, nothin's gonna happen on a BEACH...well, except for in Jaws 4...anyhou, when he dumps me on the beach, I'm not too impressed, but give him the "okay if I have to" nod.

"Right on. Guess I coulda stayed in my bikini if I was gonna stay on the beach, huh?"

I wink, but I'm only half joking.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LordMattson-ForceA.jpg[/img] "Lets save the delightful swimwear for a beach where the crabs are always smaller then you. And when I'm not in a mobile tank so I can enjoy the view more."

Force flies up until he can see most of the island. A few trails of smoke give him a rough area. He descends until out of roughly arms length of the tree tops and begins circling looking for better signs, other hunters, and the standard lagre monsters.
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/bel-av.jpg[/img] The ringing in her ears had subsided, a relief for sure, but new sounds began to take its place- and none the friendlier. As Alex pulled his force field away, he might actually see (or feel) Bel shiver as her latex-tight body is exposed to the air once again. Her suit, after all, had been grafted with samples of her cells so that when she shifted, the latex would as well. It was like being constantly naked, or at least feeling the atmosphere as if she were constantly naked. The feelings, heightened to peak perception, were great... but also very terrible when the time called for it.

"Pros`tite" She said gas gently as she could be yet still sounding generally displeased. "Sorry."

Bel looked off in the direction of the explosion. "You can-" She waved her hand in the air close to her head. The words she wanted to translate escaped her as her mind focused on trying to piece together just what had happened to cause the explosion. "-Whenever you need. Just... warn me. Yes?"

Bel thought about Alex's words, the explosion. Her ocean colored eyes narrowed and her ebony pupils slitted vertically as she stared off through the trees. Without any word or warning Bel's body shifted with a very faint sucking sound. Her crimson ponytail shrunk and the latex parted as long arm hair became a coat of orange-striped fur. Her back bent and the very structure of her bones and muscles changed. She bowed her head as ears and sharp canines became prominent, as sinew and ligaments painfully relocated. It happened within seconds and then beside Alex was a tiger. She would appear as a Siberian, but with turquoise eyes that were all too unnatural for a tiger to have.

~There are spiders ahead. Big ones. I can smell them. They are confused. It is easier for fighting this way and for your talking.~

Bel lifted her muzzle to the air. Her long whiskers flexed as her nose took in whiffs of air. She opened her mouth to show her teeth at the nasty smells the explosion left behind. Sensors ran like lightning up to her brain and processed. Suddenly her body language changed. She crouched lower with her ears back. A guttural growl rumbled in the tiger's throat.

~There was a man with the spiders. Smell is faint. He must have fled. We should follow.~
    *The Golden Goddess|The Goddess of All Motherless Secundae*
    *Dexter to the Core|Council of Guidance|Matriarch of Poetry*
    -Official #2 fan of Greg Land|#1 fan of Reesha Teramu & Nevole|#3 fan of Gareth|#4 fan of Arwyn
    1656OF56**Beeber Heads Unite!**4270

\"You know me: everything detailed and long, blah blah blah.\" (Brath OOC)
    ...to the topTop

[img=left]http://qwaring.com/vector.jpg[/img] **Alex nods to his feline companion, before turning towards the direction of the explosion. The super powered man has had years to get used to Bel's transformation, or at least accostomed enough to it to not feel the need to stare at the process in wonder and amazement. Instead his focus is on their destination as he breaks out in a full sprint into the thick of the jungle. The masked hero lunges full force into the plant growth. His gloved hands reach out to take a firm hold of a vine than partially snaps free from the trees it clung to in order to become a makeshift line for the man known as Vector to swing from. An odd way to cover the distance between him and the site of the explosion, but it's an instinctive way after spending years training and playing in the jungle simulations of the X-men's Danger Room. Alex was swinging through trees after his first day of Savage Land 101, plus he also learned he wasn't a big fan of dinosaurs, holographic or otherwise. After swinging the rest of the way the telepath lands in the small clearing where several large spiders lie scattered around. Alex peers into the dense jungle searching for the one that caused the explosion that had slain these large creatures for nearly a minute before he realized that the giant aracnids were only stunned and not dead. The beasts quickly spring to life once more as their inhuman senses begin to clear and they sense prey. And Alex stands directly in the middle of the gathering of giant spiders.**

Dang it. Why's it have to be spiders. I hate spiders.

**Psychic energies crackle about the masked man. Fear pulls forth vast amounts of mental energy from deep within Alex as he readies himself for defence and the attempt to destroy his monstrous enemies.**
    ...to the topTop

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast